• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ballsy Predictions - First Overall Seed in the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

On 4/17/2024 at 5:47 PM, siddious said:

Kreider wins playoff MVP, leads the team in goals. 

Man would I love that.  I swear, I'm serious.

CK will have his 6-8 goals over the 20 games.  The Best net front gut I've ever seen     He'll be even or +2, 8-9 pats/hits, 5-7 A, 20 SOG and avg. 18:30 TOI.   But no, he won't win MVP.

Will he hustle? No.   Will he be soft along the boards, fail to carry the puck or consistently cause TO's?   Yes.  

But, if for just one day, he could summon the strength to face our enemies.................we would drink from thy cup ! 

4 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

CK will have his 6-8 goals over the 20 games.  The Best net front gut I've ever seen     He'll be even or +2, 8-9 pats/hits, 5-7 A, 20 SOG and avg. 18:30 TOI.   But no, he won't win MVP.

Will he hustle? No.   Will he be soft along the boards, fail to carry the puck or consistently cause TO's?   Yes.  

But, if for just one day, he could summon the strength to face our enemies.................we would drink from thy cup ! 

Not one day, one post season!! 

2 hours ago, jamsim1967 said:

Jimmy Vesey with the game winner in game 1

Jimmy's not in my youth core I've mentioned often, as he's a tweener (Ha..31-next month).  But, I like this guy.   To me, that's the type of grinder we need and he mentors the youngsters. I'd love to see JV go off this series with that GW (s), and his crucial D.  He and KK are my sleepers.   This will be the breakout season for many of our core.   This is their time.  

• Believe 1

20 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

That's low. He has 16 goals in his last 27 playoff games.

9 hours ago, JJ in VA said:

It’s the playoffs and I’m hoping he saved all that for when it matters. I’ll settle for many many goals.

• Cheers 1

On 4/20/2024 at 12:03 AM, JJ in VA said:

Jimmy's not in my youth core I've mentioned often, as he's a tweener (Ha..31-next month).  But, I like this guy.   To me, that's the type of grinder we need and he mentors the youngsters. I'd love to see JV go off this series with that GW (s), and his crucial D.  He and KK are my sleepers.   This will be the breakout season for many of our core.   This is their time.  

I was close with my prediction, plus he had an assist. I like players that work hard like Jimmy, and Brian Boyle before him.

• Bullseye 1

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nobody is that ballsy, except for Rempe.

I would have loved to see the odds on DraftKings for him to score the first goal. I’m trying to look for Tuesday now just to get an idea but they don’t post props like that until the day of. All that’s up is an anytime goal at +800. There are 10 guys below him which is really kind of surprising to be honest. 

Edited by RichieNextel305

9 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I would have loved to see the odds on DraftKings for him to score the first goal. I’m trying to look for Tuesday now just to get an idea but they don’t post props like that until the day of. All that’s up is an anytime goal at +800. There are 10 guys below him which is really kind of surprising to be honest. 

I looked it wasn’t an option lol

• LOL 1

15 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Gotta remember that odds aren't meant to be predictive; they're meant to be enticing enough that people put down their money. +800 for the cult hero to score a goal? Sure, throw that into your parlay or throw $10 on that. House probably wins that one 9 out of 10 games.

• Bullseye 1

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

No one had Rempe scoring a goal in the playoff let alone the first goal of the playoffs?  

I had him with a hat trick. Still time

On 4/19/2024 at 7:58 PM, Keirik said:

I think some of you guys need to rethink what ballsy means to you

Go Big Vanessa Lachey GIF by CBS

Looks like a lot of people missed the 'Ballsy' part and just went with any likely prediction they could think of 😄 

And since when is a Presidents Trophy winning team sweeping the lowest seeded playoff entrant considered ballsy? 😛 

• Keeps it 100 1

26 minutes ago, Karan said:

Looks like a lot of people missed the 'Ballsy' part and just went with any likely prediction they could think of 😄 

And since when is a Presidents Trophy winning team sweeping the lowest seeded playoff entrant considered ballsy? 😛 

First off, at me.

Second, according to this site, sweeps occur at a 14% rate in the NHL playoffs, and the Rangers haven't swept an opponent in them since 2006-07 (Thrashers).

Third, maybe you need to re-think what "ballsy" means, because apparently the only definition that works for you is the one an inch away from being completely detached from reality?

"Matt Rempe scores 648 goals and literally takes a bite out of the Stanley Cup." Better?

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

First off, at me.

Second, according to this site, sweeps occur at a 14% rate in the NHL playoffs, and the Rangers haven't swept an opponent in them since 2006-07 (Thrashers).

Third, maybe you need to re-think what "ballsy" means, because apparently the only definition that works for you is the one an inch away from being completely detached from reality?

"Matt Rempe scores 648 goals and literally takes a bite out of the Stanley Cup." Better?

- @Phil better?

- Statistics and probability aside, it's still not really all that ballsy considering the context of this thread. Tweety would've probably made a ballsier prediction mate. 

- No certainly not by my definition, considering my prediction in this thread and the near-success of my take in the regular season ballsy thread 🙂 Perhaps you were thinking of some of the others and their parallel universe predictions 😄 

Edited by Karan

37 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Rempe plays keep away with the Cup when he hoists it and they have to take him down to get it back.

For some reason, reading this post I just envisioned Shooter McGavin running away from a herd of Happy Gilmore fans while putting on the Gold Jacket. Except it’s Rempe running away with the Cup from all of the Rangers. What an image. 😂

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • LOL 1