• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#71) Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Kitty Kitty Kitty I Want to Pet the Kitty

Tough 1st period, great 2nd and awesome 3rd.  The team defense is really starting to shine.  The way they shut down first Boston and then Florida was impressive.  Great stretch of games against tough top teams and rivals fighting for playoff spots where they were even in games they lost.  Be proud of these guys.  They need and deserve these days off.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 2
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 2
  • Believe 1

Beating top teams in the league. Beating bottom teams in the league. Both things we always complain about. We've got a special team on our hands with some good depth revving up for April.

• Believe 3

The thing that’s special is there’s a system in place. And the system makes the Rangers hard to play against. And even more, within that system we also have some absolutely deadly game breaking talent to go along with it, and goalies who are both shining.

I know the East is too heavy with a few really elite teams followed by a ton of middle of the pack teams. And when the playoffs start, anyone has a chance.

But the Rangers are going to be a really, really tough team for someone to take down 4 out of 7 games. 

• Believe 5

Why not us??  So true @Keirik!!!

It's like we've taken on this formula; We feel out the opponent for the first period, then we make an adjustment to go out and play a great 2nd and 3rd period. 

A tremendous effort tonight and a tough game all around.  Even at 2-0, I gotta say I wasn't really too worried!

...and here are the Top 21 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, in a season high attended GDT:

14 hours ago, Karan said:

A couple timely PPGs ought to shut him up sucking Reinhart's dick. 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Dont self hate. We still love you, warts and all

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Think Ozzy does that. We may be playing the Panthers but he's hunting Cougars.

14 hours ago, Dem said:

Emily looks like she needs a broom to ride on

14 hours ago, siddious said:

I almost took a screen shot looked like something out of a horror movie 

14 hours ago, Karan said:

She hasn't flashed her granny panties yet...

13 hours ago, knedragon said:

Kreider is still skating with Wheeler’s skates and Emily needs to go back on the Simpson’s! 

13 hours ago, phillyb said:

peeeeee, but like...i'm not even that excited. 

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

Only surprise is Mika and Kreids aren't holding hands as the saunter around the rink. Perhaps they'd like some hot cocoa or mulled cider. 

12 hours ago, Valriera said:

You know when they say players have “hockey iq”?

They mean the opposite of whatever kreider has

12 hours ago, knedragon said:

I can’t understand how one of the fastest skaters in the league ( Kreider ) looks like he’s got a set of Jimmy Hoffa special edition skates on ! 

12 hours ago, The Great Hamboni said:

40 years from now when Kreider is the answer to a ton of game night trivia questions, some kid will look up his stats and think he was a really consistent goal scorer.  😂

12 hours ago, knedragon said:

Rangers need Sakrete for a sponsor instead of Benjamin Moore…. Just for Kreider 

12 hours ago, phillyb said:

Ray is just as bad as Pierre. Fuck off dude. 

12 hours ago, fletch said:

Apparently Florida trying to bore Igor.  It’s a bold strategy 

11 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Trocheck Zibanejad Chytil as a line eh Ray? Shut your stoopid mouth pal

11 hours ago, knedragon said:

You Lollygag you’re way to the bench , you Lollygag into the zone , you Lollygag on the back check , you Lollygag to the corner …. What’s that make you ?  A Kreider 

11 hours ago, Bugg said:

Elbows now legal in OT. 

11 hours ago, phillyb said:

First guy to ever pass in a shootout, Mika Zibanejad.

11 hours ago, Valriera said:

Lmao kreider with the glove on the stick for the Remoe high five. 

11 hours ago, Scott said:

A different angle and we would of got a shot of the 60's bush.

A whole lot of Kreider hate tonight, but the "glove on a stick" for the Rempe High five was pretty hilarious!  I wouldn't worry about Kreider right now.  He's been there and done this before.  When the playoffs start his chips are all in the middle of the table, fellas!

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @phillyb Philly!!  I gotta say, there was some seriously funny shit last night in there, and it took me over an hour to pick a winner, but that one made me pee a little!! 😃

• Thanks 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 4

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

And it doesn’t feel like smoke and mirrors. We have an identity and a style of play that should translate well to the playoffs too. The best part is we can really be successful with just about any type of game. Want to have a defensive slugfest? We can do that. Want to have a wide open game? Can do that too, with the game breakers we have and the security blanket we have in net.

Again, it is going to take a lot to beat them 4 out of 7. And I’m trying to be as unbiased there as I could.

• Believe 1

Echoing observations of others:

Kakko looked really good.

No need for Gus at $3m next year with Jones at less than $1.

Miller clearly better w/o Trouba

Cats pressure the puck and create lots of turnovers.  Occasionally get burned doing so.  Tough playoff opponent.

The long hair makes me think it's Mika, but nothing else matches. 

Trouba's league pic - I could see. 

8476885.png

Igor's a fucking stretch with the hair in the drawing, but the eyes could be Igor.

8478048.png

At this point, I'm not even convinced it's not fucking Trocheck. 

8476389.png