• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Does Panarin Hit 50?

If you blink, you might miss that panarin now has 41g for the season with 12 games left. Can he score 9 and hit 50?

I think it would be really hard but not out of the question. I think Jagr’s record at this point is not reachable. 

what a season this guy is having. We have been spoiled so hard 

8 hours ago, phillyb said:

Oooof, I think 47 is on the money @Ozzy but I'ma say 48 just to be different. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

It's entirely plausible. I say yes. 50 on the mark.

One thing I will say, fellas...is that back in September, if someone came up to us and said Panarin would be pushing 50 goals this season, I'd probably would've never believed it.  He's been everything this team expected, and needed from him this season, and worth every penny of that deal.

"The best Free Agent signing in this team's history"....and I don't think there's anyone close.

• TroCheckmark 2
  • BREAD! 1

He now has 100 more points than games played as a Ranger. Insane. I was optimistic about him going into the season about his outlook and taking responsibility, but never envisioned him being this dominant. It's been shades of 2005 Jagr.

• BREAD! 1
  • Believe 1

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

One thing I will say, fellas...is that back in September, if someone came up to us and said Panarin would be pushing 50 goals this season, I'd probably would've never believed it.  He's been everything this team expected, and needed from him this season, and worth every penny of that deal.

"The best Free Agent signing in this team's history"....and I don't think there's anyone close.

He's finally playing the way you'd expect a player of his caliber to play.

Assists are fine but generally the goal scorers get paid the most and he was an exception to the rule the last 5 seasons.

Indeed. Given his talent, it's insane to me he's never scored 40 prior to this season. He's too good and his shot is too good for his first 40 goal season to come at age 30. Hopefully we get this Panarin for the two more years (at least) that he's here.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Indeed. Given his talent, it's insane to me he's never scored 40 prior to this season. He's too good and his shot is too good for his first 40 goal season to come at age 30. Hopefully we get this Panarin for the two more years (at least) that he's here.

I'm hoping he shaves his head before the playoffs and talks Laf into doing the same.

• BREAD! 1
  • Applause 1

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yes, and no moustache for Lafreniere either...ever again, please. lol

Somebody needs to show Laf the Guy Lafleur 30 for 30 so that he gets that is is ok to have no chin and no moustache and still kick the NHL's collective asses.

Edited by Br4d

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

He now has 100 more points than games played as a Ranger. Insane. I was optimistic about him going into the season about his outlook and taking responsibility, but never envisioned him being this dominant. It's been shades of 2005 Jagr.

They said on the broadcast he’s the first Ranger since Jagr to score 40g/50a in one season. Would be cool if he got 50/50.

It’s crazy to think that Panarin has been this good this season and he’s stil like 25 points behind Kucherov. What the fuck is up with that guy this year?

I'd like to see a stat on the number of empty net goals over the years.  There are so many now that it is actually distorting statistics.  They've had Panara out there every time there is an empty net.

7 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

I'd like to see a stat on the number of empty net goals over the years.  There are so many now that it is actually distorting statistics.  They've had Panara out there every time there is an empty net.

I'm pretty sure Ovechkin is on top of that list. Great goal scorers gonna score goals, no matter what.

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

Somebody needs to show Laf the Guy Lafleur 30 for 30 so that he gets that is is ok to have no chin and no moustache and still kick the NHL's collective asses.

Was there actually a 30 for 30 on LaFleur?

1 hour ago, Sod16 said:

Not hard to find.

Panarin has just 4.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?report=realtime&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20232024&seasonTo=20232024&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=emptyNetGoals&page=0&pageSize=50

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

Was there actually a 30 for 30 on LaFleur?

Come on, Laf is a kid if we tell him there's a 30 for 30 he'll believe us.  Especially if it's the coaching staff that tells him.  Then just show him some LAFleur highlights and we're set.

I wasn't really focused on Panarin as the number of ENs being scored overall.  You can't really compare overall offensive stats to those more than about 6-8 years old because of the number of ENs