• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Alexander Wennberg From Seattle

1 minute ago, Flynn said:

I hope this draft sucks. won't be picking until the 3rd at a minimum it seems 

From what I have heard on podcasts its not a very strong one.  I think what I heard was from 10 until the 40s or 50s are all interchangeable meh players.

Just now, Pete said:

It's not too much. Stop being salty and looking for reasons to piss on Drury. It's a good piece of business. 

I'm looking at prices today and that's expensive for a 30 point center. You're just looking for reasons to praise him.

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

I hope I’m wrong on Wennberg. I like it, don’t love it. He seems middling on both sides of the puck. 

The offense hasn't been there, but he's playing first line minutes against the other teams top players and doing a good job of shutting them down. 

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

I'm looking at prices today and that's expensive for a 30 point center. You're just looking for reasons to praise him.

They had to pay for 50% retention.

I don't need to look for reasons why this is a good move. It's a good move.

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Fine...it's more than I thought, but next year's drat isn't supposed to be very deep, so a 2nd rounder is like a 3rd rounder..  The 4th in '25 is balls.  I could give a fuck about that!

Just now, Pete said:

The offense hasn't been there, but he's playing first line minutes against the other teams top players and doing a good job of shutting them down. 

I guess we’ll see here. It’s an upgrade on Brodzinski. I wonder if he now moves back to wing on a potential 4th line? Lots of moving parts on that line right now. Have to imagine your 3rd line is Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Scott said:

Who sits as a result?

Most likely Rempe. I could see them rotating him and Edstrom depending on the opponent and the chance of shenanigans. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Scott said:

Who sits as a result?

That's the crappy part. You're gunna sit Jonny Brodz and that's dumb. Making him the 4th line center is dumb. I just dislike this altogether. Our third line gelled with Kakko and the fourth had chutzpah with the two towers. We needed a RW and got a meh center to F up team chemistry.

3 minutes ago, Flynn said:

The team is better right now than it was an hour ago. 

That’s exactly how I view this. I could care less about the picks. This team’s window is closing rapidly. All in this year. Could be the last real strong push.

2 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Depends on if they make any more moves, but I would think Rempe & Edstrom if they get a top 6 RW.

Agree barring injury I believe you're right.

Edited by Scott

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Most likely Rempe. I could see them rotating him and Edstrom depending on the opponent and the chance of shenanigans. 

Dom Loosechicken is already tracking shenanigans/60

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

Who sits as a result?

Agee with Pete's take.. The two big boys will probably be rotating taking nights off depending on who we play. 

Just now, jsm7302 said:

That's the crappy part. You're gunna sit Jonny Brodz and that's dumb. Making him the 4th line center is dumb. I just dislike this altogether. Our third line gelled with Kakko and the fourth had chutzpah with the two towers. We needed a RW and got a meh center to F up team chemistry.

Goodrow caused this. He’s been that uninspiring on both ends. 

11 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I hope I’m wrong on Wennberg. I like it, don’t love it. He seems middling on both sides of the puck. 

Middling is still better than gliding, we already have one of that...😉

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Drury bout to pay a 1st for Vatrano.

Wennberg/Vatrano would be his idea of going all in.

Addressing third line center and first line right wing with a third line center and a first line right wing... Not sure what the complaints are about. 

Just now, Pete said:

Addressing third line center and first line right wing with a third line center and a first line right wing... Not sure what the complaints are about. 

Mystery box value assessments of draft picks.

This is a 10-player draft in which we will, at best, hold like...26 and 58. Chalk this one up as a "who fucking cares" in my book.

• Bullseye 3
  • Keeps it 100 2