• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Alexander Wennberg From Seattle

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Addressing third line center and first line right wing with a third line center and a first line right wing... Not sure what the complaints are about. 

I like to not pay top dollar for average players.

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I like to not pay top dollar for average players.

I think maybe your description of top dollar is a little bit different than mine.

Firstly he's paying market value, secondly this draft is crap.

Hard to complain, he's fine, and the cost was fine. I'm happy.

If Vatrano is the other shoe to drop, though, well, that would suck. He blows. Vinny Littieri is on waivers, basically the same player, I might even like Vinny more. Vatrano is just a classic garbage player, on a garbage team playing garbage minutes against garbage goalies.

Puts up 28 goals lol

The trap is so obvious.

• Bullseye 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think maybe your description of top dollar is a little bit different than mine.

Nobody knows what this draft is, the perception may be so, but anybody saying that with certainty is simply being foolish.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I’m fine disagreeing on the price, but there’s no reason to act dumbfounded about why someone isn’t enamored with the price and/or the player selection(s).

He’s not done yet. Still reserving full judgement, but I don’t like the optics because it’s looking pretty likely another move will be made and it will probably involve the 1st and unless it’s Guentzel it’s likely to be an overpay with what’s left.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Nobody knows what this draft is, the perception may be so, but anybody saying that with certainty is simply being foolish.

I’m honestly tired of hearing draft predictions. Weak draft, strong draft, Kakko was a blue chip 2oa, Lafreniere was a better 1oa prospect than Hughes. Yada yada yada. It’s hard to care about what any pundits are saying.

• TroCheckmark 1

5 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Nobody knows what the players will develop into, however most agree there's a huge talent drop off after maybe the first 15 picks. That second rounder is likely netting you a third round talent in any other draft. 

Most agreed that Lafreniere and Kakko were things they aren't. That said, since nobody has a crystal ball, all you can do is go with the forecast.

Don't be the guy that complains about the winter weather alert after the fact when we only got 4 in of snow... They're only reporting with the models say. 

Just now, Pete said:

Nobody knows what the players will develop into, however most agree there's a huge talent drop off after maybe the first 15 picks. That second rounder is likely netting you a third round talent in any other draft. 

Most agreed that Lafreniere and Kakko were things they aren't. That said, since nobody has a crystal ball, all you can do is go with the forecast.

Don't be the guy that complains about the winter weather alert after the fact when we only got 4 in of snow... They're only reporting with the models say. 

We also know enough to know that scouts are actually kinda good at their jobs. We know that a guy picked in the late first round is usually a coinflip to become an NHL regular, a guy drafted in the second is more of a 3-in-10 chance....like....we're not selling ironclad things here. We're selling hope.

And to be fair - yeah, sometimes teams fuck up enough in tandem that David Pastrnak is sitting there in the early 20s. But that's not the normal case and those situations are pumping UP the outcome data.

49 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not at all. It's a good piece of business. They have a first rounder to trade for their right wing now.

The fourth rounder is in next year's draft.

They just acquired a defensive minded center who should help stabilize the lineup and he could be sneaky good offensively.

It's not sexy but it's smart. There aren't going to be any blockbusters for the Rangers this year.

really like this deal, we need this type of player going against the top teams players

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

We also know enough to know that scouts are actually kinda good at their jobs. We know that a guy picked in the late first round is usually a coinflip to become an NHL regular, a guy drafted in the second is more of a 3-in-10 chance....like....we're not selling ironclad things here. We're selling hope.

And to be fair - yeah, sometimes teams fuck up enough in tandem that David Pastrnak is sitting there in the early 20s. But that's not the normal case and those situations are pumping UP the outcome data.

The draft is always a crap shoot.  I always have a tougher time trading the prospects because at least you’ve seen them develop and have a better understanding of what they can be.  

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Vodka Drunkenski said:

The draft is always a crap shoot.  I always have a tougher time trading the prospects because at least you’ve seen them develop and have a better understanding of what they can be.  

Yeah. That's true. When you know that second-round pick is Will Cuylle or Ryan Lindgren, that's another story. But right now, that pick is merely a 17 year old with a 16% chance of making the NHL and sticking. 

• Like 1