• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Targeting Alex Wennberg; Kraken Keeping Him Out of Lineup Due to 'Trade Related Reasons'

Phil

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

https://nypost.com/2024/03/05/sports/matt-rempe-may-be-out-of-lineup-at-deadline-with-rangers-in-alex-wennberg-talks/

Gross. Dude is an OK 3C. No way he's worth that.

Zero faith in Drury to get this right.

There's zero reason to have zero faith in Drury to get this right. He's never paid above market at the deadline.

That said, that's not an absurd price in this market. The second in this draft is closer to a third when you take into account how weak this class is, so Jones and a 2nd is not a huge price to pay. Jones (or Roberston) simply aren't going to be full time players here.

• Like 1

If we look back at last year playoffs fiasco, we would see that we surrendered 2 game series lead and subsequently lost it to a team which is not even in playoff picture this year, to a coach who got fired just now, who had used a rookie goalie which shut us down few times during these series and who is not even in the league now. Our best point getter was a rental guy named Kane, who played on the one leg. I think problem with this team lays down deeper than just adding or subtracting one or two players. Obviously, this team for years now is in the need of at least one RW since buchnevich trade. But will it solve all the problems? To me bigger problem is with the leading core of this team. These guys do not perform well under pressure. No idea how to fix that. 

p.s.  just venting. 

• Believe 1

51 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So basically what I'm visualizing is:

Wennberg for a 2nd rounder and Jones

Vattrano for a 1st rounder and a prospect

with some retention on both.. Go ahead and draw the paperwork up and send it in. 

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, Art20c said:

If we look back at last year playoffs fiasco, we would see that we surrendered 2 game series lead and subsequently lost it to a team which is not even in playoff picture this year, to a coach who got fired just now, who had used a rookie goalie which shut us down few times during these series and who is not even in the league now. Our best point getter was a rental guy named Kane, who played on the one leg. I think problem with this team lays down deeper than just adding or subtracting one or two players. Obviously, this team for years now is in the need of at least one RW since buchnevich trade. But will it solve all the problems? To me bigger problem is with the leading core of this team. These guys do not perform well under pressure. No idea how to fix that. 

p.s.  just venting. 

The Devils roster is quite different.

The Rangers roster isn't so much, but the team dynamic is. And obviously Coach Sloth is gone.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

• Believe 1

If we dig deep, it’s clear that there was disconnect between the coach and the front office. As seen by the reports that Gallant and Drury had a blow up during Game 4 at MSG. There were issues, underlying issues, that I’m sure we will never know the exact nature of.

This team also defends significantly better than last years team IMO. I feel like there is a strategy.

I’d do a 2nd and Jones for wennberg (with retention) in a heartbeat. A late second rounder and a guy that I don’t think is ever going to be fully NHL quality for a guy that can legitimately help this team now? Sign me up. 

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

I’d do a 2nd and Jones for wennberg (with retention) in a heartbeat. A late second rounder and a guy that I don’t think is ever going to be fully NHL quality for a guy that can legitimately help this team now? Sign me up. 

Dunno how much help he's gonna be, but yeah.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pete said:

There's zero reason to have zero faith in Drury to get this right. He's never paid above market at the deadline.

That said, that's not an absurd price in this market. The second in this draft is closer to a third when you take into account how weak this class is, so Jones and a 2nd is not a huge price to pay. Jones (or Roberston) simply aren't going to be full time players here.

was going to say the same thing about the 2nd.

prices this TDL are high, we already know that. this isnt shocking news.

There's top teams in the hunt for Guentzel. Rumors are Vancouver is interested in dropping Lindholm in an effort to clear room for Guentzel. Ive read Edmonton is interested too.

Report: Canucks discussed flipping Lindholm amid Guentzel chase

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2854498

Report: Pens hope Guentzel trade in place by Wednesday

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2854497

But the Rangers are slumming it with Wennberg? 

Atleast go up a peg and get Gourde and or Eberle. Wennberg?  There's nothing better out there than Wennberg?