• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#50) Rangers @ Colorado Avalanche — Remember Hockey? Pepperidge Farm Remembers...

Phil

Gonna go ahead and say it: is Wednesday the biggest start of Shesterkins career? Home, against a rival of his (Vasi) and a team he has always played well against, and a TNT game of the week coming off the heels of Quickie doing what he did tonight?

If he fumbles the bag, it may, as unbelievable as it sounds, be time to at the very least entertain the notion that Quick should be given a stretch of games to see how he handles it.

He needs to come in Wednesday and dominate. He needs it as bad as we do.

1 minute ago, Art20c said:

Lately I like jones more and more. If I had to chose between him and miller I’d go with jones. Great win tonite nonetheless. Tough game against tough opponent. 

I’ll be honest, I am in the same boat. He’s looked really smooth out there lately. He can play in this league.

Edited by RichieNextel305

1 minute ago, Art20c said:

Lately I like jones more and more. If I had to chose between him and miller I’d go with jones. Great win tonite nonetheless. Tough game against tough opponent. 

Get ready to be sad because Jones is totally gone by the deadline. lol

Edited by Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, phillyb said:

What decade you stuck in? They've been giving out secondary assists since the 30s. 

Tic-tac-tic doesn't negate the toe. 

They hand them out like candy on Halloween.

Everybody gets one these past many years. It's often a joke. Makes for a good story tonight.

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Gonna go ahead and say it: is Wednesday the biggest start of Shesterkins career? Home, against a rival of his (Vasi) and a team he has always played well against, and a TNT game of the week coming off the heels of Quickie doing what he did tonight?

If he fumbles the bag, it may, as unbelievable as it sounds, be time to at the very least entertain the notion that Quick should be given a stretch of games to see how he handles it.

quick should’ve had the starting job awhile ago 

• VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, Art20c said:

He was cool and calm witb the puck. Made some nice defensive plays. I liked what I saw.

I don’t want to take away from Miller’s assertiveness offensively tonight though. He generated quite a few chances. Just leaves so much to be desired defensively it can’t be overlooked as growing pains anymore

7 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

10 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Valiquette saying what everyone knows is already true about who our starting goaltender should be 

Quick deserves the start based on tonight's play. There's 32(?) games left, there will be time for Igor to try and get it going. Doesn't mean it has to be the next game.

16 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Biggest regular season start perhaps. I really don't see Laviolette going back with Quick again on Wednesday. They just gave him tonight because Igor was at the All Star game. He'll be back in against Tampa. Yeah, it's a huge start. If he lays another egg, his confidence might really be shot and not come back. He's his own worst enemy. He's soft at times whereas Quick has had a chip on his shoulder. He's intense and has a high battle level. Two polar opposites mentally.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Certainly wouldn't hate going with Quick again, but I really don't see it happening. They're going to want to get Igor back into normal game action.

Yeah I definitely think Igor gets the nod Wednesday. I think that this was the plan all along; Quick out of the gate post-break then Igor vs. TB.

But man, the leash is short. Igor needs to perform because Quick is really playing fucking good.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yeah I definitely think Igor gets the nod Wednesday. I think that this was the plan all along; Quick out of the gate post-break then Igor vs. TB.

But man, the leash is short. Igor needs to perform because Quick is really playing fucking good.

During these last two months the Rangers definitely weren't playing great defensively, but they were also getting crap goaltending. They get better performances in goal and they're record isn't that bad. They almost had no margin of error. You see what getting great goaltending can do. This is monumental win and now I'd say Quick's best game of the season, given the opposition and everything.

Really great game to watch tonight!  Quick has been an absolute godsend this season, and I can't imagine where we'd be without him. 

Some pretty good play in the 3rd, and OT took the cheese for us tonight.  It looked like we had to shake off some of the vacation rust offensively, before we lit the lamp finally!  But how good does that win feel??  Especially with Laffy making a absolutely epic play to pot the winner!

And here are the Top 13 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, of course!

4 hours ago, Dem said:

Sam is slurring. That means a Rangers victory!! Keep hitting the flask Sam!!

4 hours ago, siddious said:

I know it’s Georgiev but I think we need to try and shoot from NOT 100 feet from the net

4 hours ago, Dem said:

This game brought to you by the Genovese crime family

4 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Only team in the league that at the end of a Power Play actually has fewer shots on goal. Ugly!

3 hours ago, siddious said:

I heard Sam is publishing a new book called “Miles Wood… who used to play on the New Jersey devils”

he’s only mentioned it 15 times so far this game 

3 hours ago, siddious said:

We have more shots on the jumbotron than on georgiev 

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

You guys aren't looking at the positives. It's so annoying. Think of all the money saved not having to Zamboni half the ice? 

3 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

"Hey Joe, try this one out.....How many miles would Miles Wood drive if Miles Wood drives for miles?"

3 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

More frustrating than a lap dance wearing a scuba outfit. 

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

In America, bread shoots you

2 hours ago, Valriera said:

I wonder if Mika tags Kreider into his wife’s pussy too? Dude is allergic to the slot 

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Wheeler has 30 shots tonight and I don’t think any have been in the same time zone as the net 

2 hours ago, phillyb said:

What decade you stuck in? They've been giving out secondary assists since the 30s. 

Tic-tac-tic doesn't negate the toe.

It may be time to think Quick may have one more year in him.  He's been absolutely sensational this season! 

Laff playing some good hockey, and we won that game without Trouba.  Once we make that inevitable deal to make this team better, the sky's the limit!

The winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Val @Valriera, with the wrestling reference, that I can almost believe is real.  Mika...for fuck sake...SHOOT already, you stubborn bastard!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 hours ago, Jdog99 said:

if Drury is serious about going all in this season - Quick needs to be given the Reighns right now 

I'm not sure the GM is going to walk down into the locker room and demand playing time to a veteran coach like Laviolette 

57 minutes ago, NYRangers93 said:

Vally said ride quick until proven otherwise 

It's been that way all season and they keep defering back to Shesty. Ugh. Hopefully, they give him the 66% going forward.

Edited by jsm7302

Let's say Quick wins the starting job outright. That's fine, but my main worry is him holding up playing every game of a long postseason. While he's been excellent, it's still a major grind and he's 38 years old. That's my only concern with that. Age aside, he's absolutely deserved to start the majority from here on out.

Guys, I hear you 100%, and believe me, no one's been a bigger advocate of Quick than I am this season.  But if we're going to win this thing, I believe we have to go with Igor. 

He's a MUST.  When he's on, he's unbeatable....and he's our horse.  Ok, he was playing like shit leading into the break, but he simply HAS TO be our guy when the bell rings.

I'm loving what Quick is doing this year, and he may have damn well earned himself another year with the team, based on his performance this season, but I think Igor has to be the guy that brings us the chalice.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1