• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Sky Is Kinda Falling

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wish people would stop using Carolina as some kind of stencil for how a team should play or be built.

They've won nothing.  The Rangers kinda own them. I'd think BrindAmour is on the hot seat if they don't make it to the Conference finals.  I doubt they make it.  

Not many other teams have this Swiss army knife, interchangeable parts theory. Let's not act like the Rangers are behind the times. 

Carolina is an example of a really well coached team and organization, but they lack talent. It’s a masterclass on how to execute a gameplan for the sum of the parts to be worth way more than the parts, but not exactly a masterclass on roster construction.

• Keeps it 100 1

12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Carolina is an example of a really well coached team and organization, but they lack talent. It’s a masterclass on how to execute a gameplan for the sum of the parts to be worth way more than the parts, but not exactly a masterclass on roster construction.

Carolina has plenty of talent. 

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

But theyve won nothing. It's not a formula for success.  Idk, maybe they've just been lucky up until this year.

It's not like they don't have talent all over that roster. Aho, Teravainen, Svech, Necas, Burns, Orlov, Jarvis, Slavin and everyone's favorite lovechild Fast. I think the mainstays are bigger pieces than you want to give them credit for. 

54 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But theyve won nothing. It's not a formula for success.  Idk, maybe they've just been lucky up until this year.

It's not like they don't have talent all over that roster. Aho, Teravainen, Svech, Necas, Burns, Orlov, Jarvis, Slavin and everyone's favorite lovechild Fast. I think the mainstays are bigger pieces than you want to give them credit for. 

Nice players, but missing the X factor at any position. 

5 hours ago, Br4d said:

Aho's the best two-way C in the division and 2nd in the East to Auston Matthews.

Barkov and even Zib* would like a word.

*Even though I know you hate the team you "root" for, try to maintain at least a little perspective

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Do we still want to trade Panarin and Fox? 🙄

Don't forget K' Andre!  LOL

oh and Othmann, Shesty, Schneider, Wheeler, KAkko, Laff, Chytil ....you know where I'm going!  😉

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Well, I'm down for dumping Wheeler and Goodrow. lol

I think we're stuck with them for the rest of this year, Sharpy.  Actually I think Wheeler played really well with Cuylle last night.  Those 2 had some decent chemistry and won puck battles all night long.

Seems everyone plays well with Willy C!  I just wish he had even half those points he got fucked out of early in the season...like 6 I think!  His stats would look a lot better.  But as far as the eye test goes, yeah man...he's scoring Ozzy points at a good clip!

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think we're stuck with them for the rest of this year, Sharpy.  Actually I think Wheeler played really well with Cuylle last night.  Those 2 had some decent chemistry and won puck battles all night long.

Seems everyone plays well with Willy C!  I just wish he had even half those points he got fucked out of early in the season...like 6 I think!  His stats would look a lot better.  But as far as the eye test goes, yeah man...he's scoring Ozzy points at a good clip!

Oh, I know they're not going anywhere during the season. Yeah, I'm hoping Wheeler can find good chemistry with someone instead of just floating around slowly every time he's out there. I've been very impressed with Cuylle all year. After this cup of coffee here last season, he came right in right away and shows he belongs at the NHL level. He's a sparkplug that goes hard every shift, he hits, and he can score. More goals will come as time goes on.

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Trocheck, Trouba all have NMC and expressed no interest in leaving the Rangers.  Goodrow and Wheeler have NTC and likely aren't going anywhere this year.  Fox is 25 years old and a building block for the future, so I have no interest in trading him.

If having a good third period against the Ducks is reason for a sunnier outlook, OK.  The Ducks are not good.  The Rangers have been up and down in the last 10-15 games.  If some need to wait to see more data on Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Trocheck, Trouba, Goodrow and Wheeler under Laviolette, OK. We'll see come playoff time what they do.

Edited by fletch
  • Bullseye 2

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

No not today. Today is Employee Appreciation Thread day. We will resume regular programming of trades after the next game.

37 minutes ago, fletch said:

Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Trocheck, Trouba all have NMC and expressed no interest in leaving the Rangers.  Goodrow and Wheeler have NTC and likely aren't going anywhere this year.  Fox is 25 years old and a building block for the future, so I have no interest in trading him.

If having a good third period against the Ducks is reason for a sunnier outlook, OK.  The Ducks are not good.  The Rangers have been up and down in the last 10-15 games.  If some need to wait to see more data on Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Trocheck, Trouba, Goodrow and Wheeler under Laviolette, OK. We'll see come playoff time what they do.

I was being sarcastic, but I agree. lol

• Cheers 1

On 1/21/2024 at 11:48 AM, Dunny said:

There's hundreds of coaches out there with ideas, the easy thing to do is just go with the defacto guy on the old boys list. 

Not that that he was necessarily the wrong choice. I don't know, nobody knows, yet. 

When we see the same things on a yearly basis, it's easy to see that this isn't a coaching issue. What ideas will work with players who aren't interested in doing the work?

1 hour ago, jamsim1967 said:

When we see the same things on a yearly basis, it's easy to see that this isn't a coaching issue. What ideas will work with players who aren't interested in doing the work?

Getting players to play a certain way isn't a coaching issue? Sure it is.

Look, if you even listened to anything about Gallant's behavior with the Rangers, it's easy to see he isn't an NHL coach. 4 coaches replaced in-season and he wasn't even interviewed. Nuff said.

Lavvy had buy in. They were winning. Big complaint was they hadn't scored enough 5v5. When they tried to, they didn't defend well enough 5v5. They had injuries. They are playing with 2 lines, a 4th line, and an AHL first line. They have 40 games to figure it out.

Most people figured they'd have a lull to start the season while they adjusted. They didn't. They're having it now. The good news is, they banked points.

But, people still going to act like the sky is falling. It isn't. People here talking about blowing up a team this season that's currently in 1st place in their division.

Get a grip, people, there's plenty of time.

• LINDY! 1

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

Getting players to play a certain way isn't a coaching issue? Sure it is.

Look, if you even listened to anything about Gallant's behavior with the Rangers, it's easy to see he isn't an NHL coach. 4 coaches replaced in-season and he wasn't even interviewed. Nuff said.

Lavvy had buy in. They were winning. Big complaint was they hadn't scored enough 5v5. When they tried to, they didn't defend well enough 5v5. They had injuries. They are playing with 2 lines, a 4th line, and an AHL first line. They have 40 games to figure it out.

Most people figured they'd have a lull to start the season while they adjusted. They didn't. They're having it now. The good news is, they banked points.

But, people still going to act like the sky is falling. It isn't. People here talking about blowing up a team this season that's currently in 1st place in their division.

Get a grip, people, there's plenty of time.

excuses, excuses.  Just looks like what some of us said in the offseason that it's not GG.  some blamed the coach, some said to look further than the coach.  

9 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

excuses, excuses.  Just looks like what some of us said in the offseason that it's not GG.  some blamed the coach, some said to look further than the coach.  

Some also said you can't look beyond the coach until you have an actual coach. That's what we'll find out this year. 

Everything isn't black and white. I don't know where "excuses" come in, but whatever.

Edited by Pete