• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Sky Is Kinda Falling

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

If we wait until the summer it's 90% Kreider on the move.  He has to give his list in July.

Potentially. He's only moved if the team falls on it's face. It'll be a reset, not some kind of "reload to be better next year". If it's a reset, nobody is off the table. If Panarin flunks out again when it matters, he might be begging to leave because the amount of criticism he would face will be monstrous.

Edited by BrooksBurner

28 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Potentially. He's only moved if the team falls on it's face. It'll be a reset, not some kind of "reload to be better next year". If it's a reset, nobody is off the table. If Panarin flunks out again when it matters, he might be begging to leave because the amount of criticism he would face will be monstrous.

If the team doesn't fall flat on it's face, I doubt we see anyone moved except the 1 year deals they signed last summer. They won't be back, cap goes up, add around the margins. (Not my reco, my expectation)

I don't think Panarin really cares about criticism. He doesn't even have a smartphone. He's also [obviously] his own worst critic. He clearly cares and is hard on himself.

40 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

i would add Zibby to that list

21 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

i would add Zibby to that list

Yea, the only team in the NHL to willingly trade a 90 point, 40G, 2 way, right handed center. Should bring in a haul.

Edited by Pete

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

he's pacing like 27G and 77 points.  

Great, and after a hot streak he'll probably be on pace for 102 points. You can't look at pace with streaky players. 

Edited by Pete

7 hours ago, lefty9 said:

He shortens the bench cause our third and fourth line are terrible

He has  no confidence in them

3rd line has been one of the only lines that is playing the way Laviolette preaches.  Agree about the 4th line though. 

Evening out the icetime through out the game was working earlier in the season. Even after the injuries. I get shortening the bench with 6 minutes left. Idon't  get shortening the bench before the midway point of the 2nd period, down a goal. Heck. He's doing it when they have a lead sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Great, and after a hot streak he'll probably be on pace for 102 points. You can't look at pace with streaky players. 

he's just not as dominant when he was last year when he put up career numbers.  I dont see him coming close to those numbers ever again.  I think he peaked last year

Just now, Albatrosss said:

he's just not as dominant when he was last year when he put up career numbers.  I dont see him coming close to those numbers ever again.  I think he peaked last year

You're welcome to your opinion, but I don't really agree. 

33 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Zibanejad about to get a Mika hat trick next game. 1 PP goal, an empty netter, and a 5v5 shot on goal.

Like I said, you don't know anything about hockey. Mika's going to pass to Kreider (Even if he's on the bench) on that ENG opportunity. 

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Not buying this narrative one bit. GG got himself fired. Quinn got fired because Dolan had a temper tantrum. 

I think arguing with Drury between periods of a playoff game got him fired. Actually they mutually split ways. Pretty much agreeing to not want to work with one another. I have my tin foil hat theory on Drury and coaches. 

We've heard the rumor (it is rumor, no player is on record, saying the things you throw out there, just Vince takes) about the players just wanting to be coached. They have a really good coach.

Maybe I'm reading what youre saying in the wrong tone. To me it seems like you're pinning blame on Laviolette to fix the teams woes by getting players to do things, 2 other coaches somehow couldnt get them to do.  

He had them running on all cylinders. Then.  Half the star power stopped buying in and continued its old ways. This isn't a 3-4 game skid anymore.  They've only won 4 games this month. We have mopey Zibanejad and gliding Kreider.  Again. We have seen them and Fox revert back to east west for most of  the month.  Fox seems to be snapping out of that. 

Like I said a lull stops being a lull, when it's almost a month and the players aren't playing the same style that got them the huge start.

If they were playing the system and weren't winning,  I'd agree with you,  that its a bump in the road. That's not what I'm seeing. I'm seeing what we saw under Gallant.  Fancy east/west perimeter play of a select few top players. No 60 minute games. Lots of standing around in the defensive end. Lack of effort.

When Lafrenière looks like one of your top 3 effort givers, something is wrong. 

Laviolette is 100 times the coach Gallant and Quinn were. A superior motivator. How are we seeing this same effort from these same players? 

There's a lack of fire in 20/93s bellies. These are 2 of your best 4 forwards. Pip squeak Panarin is playing like a guy who actually cares. The coach has reached him. He plays north. Trocheck plays north. Lafrenière plays north. Cuylle plays north. Wheeler........ plays north. Vesey plays north. Brodzinski is only still here because he plays... north. Goodrow......stinks. Trouba plays north. Schneider plays north. Miller is lost. Gustafsson was playing north then stunk, but seems to be a bit more consistent like he was earlier.  Lindgren.... idk. He's kinda all over the place. 

20/93 are a problem. Kakko isn't fixing them. They're probably actually dragging him down. 

Fix them  and this team looks better. I don't think you can fix what these 2 don't have. Fire. 

• The Chyt! 1

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think arguing with Drury between periods of a playoff game got him fired. Actually they mutually split ways. Pretty much agreeing to not want to work with one another. I have my tin foil hat theory on Drury and coaches. 

I'm sure it didn't help, but again you're talking about a guy who never made it to year 3 with a team.

We've heard the rumor (it is rumor, no player is on record, saying the things you throw out there, just Vince takes) about the players just wanting to be coached. They have a really good coach.

Nah, it's not a rumor. Vince isn't going to make shit up. It's the easiest way to lose credibility with your sources. And what on earth does he have to gain by making that up?

Maybe I'm reading what youre saying in the wrong tone. To me it seems like you're pinning blame on Laviolette to fix the teams woes by getting players to do things, 2 other coaches somehow couldnt get them to do.  

He had them running on all cylinders. Then.  Half the star power stopped buying in and continued its old ways. This isn't a 3-4 game skid anymore.  They've only won 4 games this month. We have mopey Zibanejad and gliding Kreider.  Again. We have seen them and Fox revert back to east west for most of  the month.  Fox seems to be snapping out of that. 

Like I said a lull stops being a lull, when it's almost a month and the players aren't playing the same style that got them the huge start.

If they were playing the system and weren't winning,  I'd agree with you,  that its a bump in the road. That's not what I'm seeing. I'm seeing what we saw under Gallant.  Fancy east/west perimeter play of a select few top players. No 60 minute games. Lots of standing around in the defensive end. Lack of effort.

When Lafrenière looks like one of your top 3 effort givers, something is wrong. 

Laviolette is 100 times the coach Gallant and Quinn were. A superior motivator. How are we seeing this same effort from these same players?

What I'm saying is there are no huge roster moves on the horizon, especially regarding moving guys out. Especially MZ and CK, so yes it's on Lavvy to figure out how to motivate them. Like Elliott says, teams can either trade their problems or fix their problems and most prefer to fix their problems. You're talking about a 50G guy and a 90PT center. They don't grow on trees and it's hard to replace them. It's simple, Kreider needs to use his size and Mika needs to use his shot. It shouldn't be that hard.

I think it's a positive (among the negative) that they aren't playing the system and losing. It's easier for Lavvy to show the difference.

There's a lack of fire in 20/93s bellies. These are 2 of your best 4 forwards. Pip squeak Panarin is playing like a guy who actually cares. The coach has reached him. He plays north. Trocheck plays north. Lafrenière plays north. Cuylle plays north. Wheeler........ plays north. Vesey plays north. Brodzinski is only still here because he plays... north. Goodrow......stinks. Trouba plays north. Schneider plays north. Miller is lost. Gustafsson was playing north then stunk, but seems to be a bit more consistent like he was earlier.  Lindgren.... idk. He's kinda all over the place. 

20/93 are a problem. Kakko isn't fixing them. They're probably actually dragging him down. 

Fix them  and this team looks better. I don't think you can fix what these 2 don't have. Fire. 

Maybe, but we'll see. There's half a season to go. But I agree with Kakko getting nothing from them. MSG panned the bench and I saw CK/MZ/KK saying nothing...then Bread: Italian and French all talking to each other animatedly.

They are a problem. Break them up.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

Like I said, you don't know anything about hockey. Mika's going to pass to Kreider (Even if he's on the bench) on that ENG opportunity. 

Oh yeah? Well you’re the kind of fan whose doctor can look in your left ear and see out your right ear.

14 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Oh yeah? Well you’re the kind of fan whose doctor can look in your left ear and see out your right ear.

Mental clarity baby. Fosters clear thinking. 

Edited by Pete