• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Sky Is Kinda Falling

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm really starting to believe this.  I had given some players too much credit. I'm seeing similar body language to that if late last season from some guys. 

I give massive credit to Panarin, Trocheck, Lafrenière , Schneider and Trouba for being guys that give constant effort. Lindgren and Fox get a pass too. Everyone else is going through the motions. Sometimes not even that. 

My tin foil hat has me thinking Drury butts in on coaching decisions and the players won't respect a coach that is taking orders from above. Why else would a coach and GM  have a shouting match in between periods? Why else would players supposedly say (its not on record anywhere but...) they just want to be coached? Maybe that's them saying "let the coach... coach"? 

The frustration on Laviolettes's face is that of a man that regrets taking the job now. 

I don’t think Drury does that. I don’t think Gallant nor Laviolette would stand for that. I have my theories on the shouting match. Mostly that it was a dispute about how the team was looking versus NJ, and the overload of perimeter players on the roster. 

I like Lavi as a coach. My issue with the hire was and always will be that it sent a message to the team that Gallant was the heart of the issue. It was never personal against Lavi. I actually think he can be a great coach for this franchise moving forward after some necessary moves are made. I don’t think he has regret, but I think he’s seeing who the issues are and will help weed them out if they can’t change.

Edited by BrooksBurner