• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trevor Zegras' Name Is 'Out There'

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Calling a definition loose in a debate is not an example of ad hom.

If Miller is a premier player, what is McDavid? McKinnon? Hughes? Pastrnak? Ultra premier? :classic_rolleyes:

Trying to reduce the argument to a quibble over labels just really shows how weak your argument is. You're moving the goal post because you don't have a leg to stand on.

Edited by Pete

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

Trying to reduce the argument to a quibble over labels just really shows how weak your argument is. You're moving the goal post because you don't have a leg to stand on.

You introduced the label premier to the discussion. I did not. Challenging you on what it means isn’t shifting anything.

16 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You introduced the label premier to the discussion. I did not. Challenging you on what it means isn’t shifting anything.

It's not about the word "premier" and we both know it. An adult would have said "You used the word premiere, so to level set, who else would you consider premier?" and then I'd say "Well how many 23 year old defenseman are scoring 40 points mostly at even strength?" and you reply, blah blah blah. That's how conversations work.

Instead you do what you do, add some stupid emojis, and would rather bicker than discuss. So here we are.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's not about the word "premier" and we both know it. An adult would have said "You used the word premiere, so to level set, who else would you consider premier?" and then I'd say "Well how many 23 year old defenseman are scoring 40 points mostly at even strength?" and you reply, blah blah blah. That's how conversations work.

Instead you do what you do, add some stupid emojis, and would rather bicker than discuss. So here we are.

This is about the 4th time you want to make it about me instead of the discussion topic. Where does that fit in how you think conversations are supposed to work?

• LMFAO 1

Zegras and Vatrano for Miller? Covers the C And RW depth issues.  I get the arguments made here and I think both have merit. I find Miller more valuable than Zegras but with that said, a package deal like this may be worth it to take the next step with this roster. Zegras isnt Schremp; the stat line alone says that. His skill set is incredible and with the right coach (Lavi and his staff), it could be worth it.

Just now, jsm7302 said:

Zegras and Vatrano for Miller? Covers the C And RW depth issues.  I get the arguments made here and I think both have merit. I find Miller more valuable than Zegras but with that said, a package deal like this may be worth it to take the next step with this roster. Zegras isnt Schremp; the stat line alone says that. His skill set is incredible and with the right coach (Lavi and his staff), it could be worth it.

I'll personally drive Miller to the airport as fast as possible.

Ford Wow GIF by FIA World Rally Championship

10 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Brutalizes the cap. You're adding 5.75x2 in Zegras and 3.65x1 in Vatrano and only subtracting 3.87x1 in Miller.

You almost have to include Chytil going the other way in this type of deal.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Brutalizes the cap. You're adding 5.75x2 in Zegras and 3.65x1 in Vatrano and only subtracting 3.87x1 in Miller.

and he wouldnt even have to drive Chytil anywhere.  

• LMFAO 1

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Goodrow! Done.

43 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

This is about the 4th time you want to make it about me instead of the discussion topic. Where does that fit in how you think conversations are supposed to work?

It's not my fault you need that much coaching on how to be an adult. 

Wow, you really don't have any mirrors in your house do you? 

Edited by Pete

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

And then you have to backfill Miller.

If anyone thinks you're getting Gus on the cheap again, they're high. Even after cooling off, he's easily 2 to 3 million a year. 

58 minutes ago, Pete said:

And then you have to backfill Miller.

If anyone thinks you're getting Gus on the cheap again, they're high. Even after cooling off, he's easily 2 to 3 million a year. 

Yeah, also that. That's why I was suggesting to get Lyubushkin as a rental. It weakens the defense no matter what.

You'd be going into the playoffs with Lindgren-Fox, Gus?-Trouba, Jones-Lyubushkin?

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yeah, also that. That's why I was suggesting to get Lyubushkin as a rental. It weakens the defense no matter what.

You'd be going into the playoffs with Lindgren-Fox, Gus?-Trouba, Jones-Lyubushkin?

I was talking about it as an off-season deal, I don't think there's any way this deal gets made in season. 

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

Goodrow! Done.

How do you get somebody to take Goodrow's cap hit?

Buying him out solves a problem for one season and then we start getting bitten again for a few more.

On 1/9/2024 at 10:40 PM, BrooksBurner said:

Key stinks at defense, so maybe that’s part of why the Rangers stink at defense.

Zegras is 22. Lots of talent. Unbelievable opportunity to grab a C who can be a PPG or better in his prime.

It's crazy good insurance for Chytil possibly having to retire. Zegras is better than Chytil.  Not like Chytil is good on D either, so its kind of an uograde..... If Chytil doesn't have to retire,  you flop him to RW.  

People were wishing for Keller over the summer. I don't think there's much difference here. I'd definitely rather Keller, but it's kinda same/same. 

The health of Chytil makes me question how the heck they can replace him quickly.  I think I'd trade Miller for a young super talented C. 

With all this said, I doubt the Ducks are realistically looking to trade their 22 year old star in the making. 

30 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Back before the trade deadline. If not for Miller in the offseason, maybe they’ll have a brainfart and take Kakko and a couple pieces at the deadline instead 🤷‍♂️

You still offering to drop everything and make the airport run with Kakko and others at the TDL?

23 hours ago, Pete said:

I would like to propose a drinking game where every time Pete says "moving the goal posts", everyone reading the thread is required to take a shot.

14 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

I would like to propose a drinking game where every time Pete says "moving the goal posts", everyone reading the thread is required to take a shot.

Why would you do that? Nobody here needs another excuse to move the goalpost. 

18 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Back before the trade deadline. If not for Miller in the offseason, maybe they’ll have a brainfart and take Kakko and a couple pieces at the deadline instead 🤷‍♂️

Zegras has been out with two lower body injuries this season, the latest a broken ankle.

I wouldn't take him on at the trade deadline.  He's unlikely to be skating at his best the rest of the season.  As you said, this is an off-season possibility.