• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Jake Leschyshyn From Hartford

Hate this move honestly. We have enough tweeners and bottom-6 pieces. Our depth is in shambles at the moment. We can’t afford another injury.

Between Vesey, Goodrow, Bonino, Pitlick, Brodzinski and now this? And I know Pitlick is out, but that is a lot of 4th line players. Plus factor in you’re getting little to no production from Wheeler right now too.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Keeps it 100 1

Could mean the Rangers are looking to move Goodrow up to line 3 between Vesey and Brodzinski.  Cuylle to line 1 and Wheeler to purgatory.

They'll still be able to put Bonino out for face offs and get him off fast afterwards.

I’ve said it a few times and I’ll say it again: if they are determined to win a Cup, Elias Lindholm is who I go after. Probably a strict rental. But to go 3 deep down the middle with Zibanejad, Trocheck and him (plus a veteran like Bonino) would be big come playoff time. This Chytil situation needs to be figured out soon, because they need to get the ball rolling now (as it appears they are) on seeing if an in-house option exists to slide in up with Mika and Kreider. But they also need to know whether or not a pursuit of a center like Lindholm (or any other potential 3C upgrade) is doable, because I’m not sure how long they can go with this. It’s not a knock on the guys, because some have performed well and when we were healthy, that defined role of a 4th line was great. And it’s needed. But we can’t have 2 4th lines, and we do at the moment.

I don't know how you count on Chytil for anything this season, even IF he were to come back you're going to have to hold your breath every shift. Bad situation. But like you said it's the depth or lack of that's hurting us and Igor (imo) because we're not the only team with injuries.  I think they could eliminate a lot of the inconsistencies if they bought into the structure I would assume is being taught. My fear is it's still either a inability to or unwillingness to by this particular group to stick to the plan night after night.

Not jumping off a ledge by any means but we're almost at the halfway mark and they're more inconsistent now then at any other point this season.

LFG.

32 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’ve said it a few times and I’ll say it again: if they are determined to win a Cup, Elias Lindholm is who I go after. Probably a strict rental. But to go 3 deep down the middle with Zibanejad, Trocheck and him (plus a veteran like Bonino) would be big come playoff time. This Chytil situation needs to be figured out soon, because they need to get the ball rolling now (as it appears they are) on seeing if an in-house option exists to slide in up with Mika and Kreider. But they also need to know whether or not a pursuit of a center like Lindholm (or any other potential 3C upgrade) is doable, because I’m not sure how long they can go with this. It’s not a knock on the guys, because some have performed well and when we were healthy, that defined role of a 4th line was great. And it’s needed. But we can’t have 2 4th lines, and we do at the moment.

Need a center bad.

Panarin-Tro-Laf

Cuylle-Zib-Kakko

Kreider-Lindholm-Vesey

Pitlick-Bonino-Goodrow

If Chytil is back for the playoffs put him on Zib's LW slide Cuylle and Vesey down and Pitlick is the extra.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Need a center bad.

Panarin-Tro-Laf

Cuylle-Zib-Kakko

Kreider-Lindholm-Vesey

Pitlick-Bonino-Goodrow

If Chytil is back for the playoffs put him on Zib's LW slide Cuylle and Vesey down and Pitlick is the extra.

They're not going to remake the entire line up at the trade deadline. I think they learn their lesson from last year.

The idea is to add around the margins, you don't try to completely reshape your roster. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

They're not going to remake the entire line up at the trade deadline. I think they learn their lesson from last year.

The idea is to add around the margins, you don't try to completely reshape your roster. 

I only added one guy.  Swap Cuylle and Kreider back if you want.  Also get Lindholm asap, don't wait for the deadline. 

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I only added one guy.  Swap Cuylle and Kreider back if you want.  Also get Lindholm asap, don't wait for the deadline. 

I just don't see any of it is realistic. If they put Chytil on LTIR, they have around 5 million at the deadline if my math is right. They probably need to spend that on both the right wing and a center. They just can't leave right-wing the way it is. 

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don’t think adding Lindholm is remaking the lineup. If Chytil is gone for the year, something that needs to be addressed sooner than later, than a 3C move is at the tippy top of the list of the needs for Drury. And Lindholm would give us a monster in that spot; someone who could realistically play up but with the chemistry of the 10-16-13 line and the affinity for playing Kreider with Zibanejad, Lindholm centering a 3rd line with Kakko and maybe Cuylle would be absolutely dynamite.

Overall though, I agree with the sentiment of remaking a team at the deadline is just not the move to make. But, that said, reinforcements will be needed for this team going into Spring.

9 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t think adding Lindholm is remaking the lineup. If Chytil is gone for the year, something that needs to be addressed sooner than later, than a 3C move is at the tippy top of the list of the needs for Drury. And Lindholm would give us a monster in that spot; someone who could realistically play up but with the chemistry of the 10-16-13 line and the affinity for playing Kreider with Zibanejad, Lindholm centering a 3rd line with Kakko and maybe Cuylle would be absolutely dynamite.

Overall though, I agree with the sentiment of remaking a team at the deadline is just not the move to make. But, that said, reinforcements will be needed for this team going into Spring.

The post I quoted had completely new lines. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Looks like they realize they need another center

At a guess, and it's just a guess, they know Wheeler cannot play with Bonino.  So they're calling up a guy who can skate so they have somebody to slap next to Wheeler if that's what they have to do.

If they're going to play Cuylle at RW for awhile and Kakko is coming back there is no room in the top 9 for Wheeler.

19 minutes ago, Br4d said:

At a guess, and it's just a guess, they know Wheeler cannot play with Bonino.  So they're calling up a guy who can skate so they have somebody to slap next to Wheeler if that's what they have to do.

If they're going to play Cuylle at RW for awhile and Kakko is coming back there is no room in the top 9 for Wheeler.

Or maybe Goodrow is finally getting pushed up the lineup? He should be good for a fill in on line 1 or line 3? 

Maybe Bonino is banged up again .  

But Leschyshyn? Yuck. 

13 hours ago, Pete said:

How long you been waiting to use this one, because it's brilliant. 

It's been in the holster for awhile. I never thought it'd be used since I didn't see him getting called up again. When I say I didn't see it happening, I mean hoping.

• Like 1

Maybe this kid has a role/career under Laviolette?

Let's see what he's got!  No better time than now!  I'd rather see these guys now than in May!

Edited by Ozzy