• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 World Junior Championships

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I mean, they're not going to trade a guy they drafted 6 months ago. They knew what his skating was like when they took him. World Juniors doesn't raise any drafted player's value.

His skating is no worse than Stepan. 

I would include him in a trade rather than give up a 2024 first round pick in a trade deadline acquisition if the return is worthy of a first rounder. I’m sure that’s happened before.  Stepan was super intelligent and a center. He could play effectively slower. I know Perrault has high iq but lack of speed on the wing hurts more.  I hope he proves me wrong but I feel he’s being carried by his line. Leonard looks like a legit star. Smith has that ceiling too.

12 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I would include him in a trade rather than give up a 2024 first round pick in a trade deadline acquisition if the return is worthy of a first rounder. I’m sure that’s happened before.  Stepan was super intelligent and a center. He could play effectively slower. I know Perrault has high iq but lack of speed on the wing hurts more.  I hope he proves me wrong but I feel he’s being carried by his line. Leonard looks like a legit star. Smith has that ceiling too.

This isn't Ryan Gropp riding Barzal's coat tails.  Perreault has outscored both of them for years now.

55 minutes ago, siddious said:

sweden acting like a bunch of pussies at the end too.. almost expecting one of them to throw the medal into the stands

Only the biggest bitches on the planet do that. 

• LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1

Big congratz to US team on their sixth gold. Just one more medal, and you'll be even with the Czech Republic. Exciting times. Very classy reception ceremony as well. You can tell that 99% of US hockey players definitely didn't grow up with seven figure trust funds, that really shines through in how classy US hockey always conducts itself. Very humble people, for sure.

Great stuff, we'll see everyone next year, where the US team looks very strong again, because they really struggle graduating anything to the NHL. 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

Big congratz to US team on their sixth gold. Just one more medal, and you'll be even with the Czech Republic. Exciting times. Very classy reception ceremony as well. You can tell that 99% of US hockey players definitely didn't grow up with seven figure trust funds, that really shines through in how classy US hockey always conducts itself. Very humble people, for sure.

Great stuff, we'll see everyone next year, where the US team looks very strong again, because they really struggle graduating anything to the NHL. 

gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

• 'Merica! 1

No offense, but all over Twitter, I see a lot of Canadians getting at the US team for their lack of class in celebrating a Gold Medal win. Do we really need to bring up the 2018 Canadian World Junior team? As if Team Canada has always been loaded with gentlemen…please. 

Solid win. Ran the table and made easy work for a really tough Sweden team gunning for a tourney win at home. 

Edited by RichieNextel305

10 hours ago, Dunny said:

black-kid-cereal-cope.gif

15 hours ago, Dunny said:

Matt Pergrave is Canadian, isnt he?

9 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

No offense, but all over Twitter, I see a lot of Canadians getting at the US team for their lack of class in celebrating a Gold Medal win. Do we really need to bring up the 2018 Canadian World Junior team? As if Team Canada has always been loaded with gentlemen…please. 

Solid win. Ran the table and made easy work for a really tough Sweden team gunning for a tourney win at home. 

American WJC team has no class for celebrating a win.

Canadians WJC teams just gang rape. 

You’re going to see more and more of this at all levels. 

USA hockey has doubled its membership the last 20 years surpassing even Canada. You’re seeing more and more of the top world talent take the path of the USHL and NCAA vs major juniors. 

Simply put, the USHL is the best Jr league in the world. 

Edited by Puck Head

lol..

It's sooo good that nobody goes to the games! Parents, uncles, and cousins! My local Junior C team handely out draws USHL teams. 

It's soooo good that they have to brand their competition as "professional" so they can pretend that everybody plays there organically, and totally not because playing in the other league magically makes you ineligible to play in the NCAA. 

You keep willing this to happen, but even with the major astroturfing, it just isn't the case. Nobody cares about the USHL. It's a means to an end for players looking to go the NCAA route. That's it, that's all. 

Who wins in a 7 game series, the London Knights, or the 1st place Fargo Force? Just have a gander at the comparable rosters and judge for yourself.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0008142024.html

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0050512024.html