• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 World Junior Championships

Pete

36 minutes ago, Dunny said:

lol..

It's sooo good that nobody goes to the games! Parents, uncles, and cousins! My local Junior C team handely out draws USHL teams. 

It's soooo good that they have to brand their competition as "professional" so they can pretend that everybody plays there organically, and totally not because playing in the other league magically makes you ineligible to play in the NCAA. 

You keep willing this to happen, but even with the major astroturfing, it just isn't the case. Nobody cares about the USHL. It's a means to an end for players looking to go the NCAA route. That's it, that's all. 

Who wins in a 7 game series, the London Knights, or the 1st place Fargo Force? Just have a gander at the comparable rosters and judge for yourself.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0008142024.html

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0050512024.html

The cognitive dissonance is real. Hockey isn't The national pastime in the US the way it is in Canada. You're really trying to draw an equivalence between quality of hockey and how many people go and see it?

Come on dude. When the US wins the World Juniors "It's just a bunch of kids playing". When Canada wins it's confirming the countries roll as a world superpower in the sports landscape.

Pure comedy. 

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

The cognitive dissonance is real. Hockey isn't The national pastime in the US the way it is in Canada. You're really trying to draw an equivalence between quality of hockey and how many people go and see it?

Come on dude. When the US wins the World Juniors "It's just a bunch of kids playing". When Canada wins it's confirming the countries roll as a world superpower in the sports landscape.

Pure comedy. 

The WJC is fun, and I like watching and rooting for my team. I don't really think it's the best indication of who is producing the best players, as a whole, particularly as one country always seems to be missing way more top-end eligible talent then all the others combined. I hope we're still talking shit about this in 30 years, it's fun, but it's a week long tournament.

Besides, I never said a thing about USA Hockey. I view US hockey as our equal in top-to-bottom talent at this point, only falling a hair short on top end generational talent. We all know we'd trade Fox for Makar in a nanosecond, after all.

My USHL argument has been consistent. I'd like Puckhead to finally admit, after 20(!) years of debate, that the USHL is the direct beneficiary of the CHL embargo. I will concede that it's probably better than the QMJHL, and he will retract his preposterous statement as it involved the OHL, and life will go on.

We won't see him again for 360 days lol

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

I view US hockey as our equal in top-to-bottom talent at this point, only falling a hair short on top end generational talent. 

You're failing to give Lafreniere full credit for just how far he set back your top end generational talent pool. 🍻

1 hour ago, jsrangers said:

You're failing to give Lafreniere full credit for just how far he set back your top end generational talent pool. 🍻

Quebec may leave Canada any minute. We pray they do.

• LMFAO 1

22 hours ago, Dunny said:

lol..

It's sooo good that nobody goes to the games! Parents, uncles, and cousins! My local Junior C team handely out draws USHL teams. 

It's soooo good that they have to brand their competition as "professional" so they can pretend that everybody plays there organically, and totally not because playing in the other league magically makes you ineligible to play in the NCAA. 

You keep willing this to happen, but even with the major astroturfing, it just isn't the case. Nobody cares about the USHL. It's a means to an end for players looking to go the NCAA route. That's it, that's all. 

Who wins in a 7 game series, the London Knights, or the 1st place Fargo Force? Just have a gander at the comparable rosters and judge for yourself.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0008142024.html

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0050512024.html

Sorry Dunny. 

Draft 2022

USHL- 57 players Developed

OHL- 35

WHL- 28

QMJHl- 19

At the beginning of the 2022-23 season, NHL opening night rosters

USHL- 193

OHL- 173

WHL- 115

QMJHL- 79

The CHL is so watered down. The average USHL team would curb storm a CHL team.

But know this, the gap and change is getting even bigger. What was hockey Canada dominance has disappeared 

1 minute ago, Puck Head said:

Sorry Dunny. 

Draft 2022

USHL- 57 players Developed

OHL- 35

WHL- 28

QMJHl- 19

At the beginning of the 2022-23 season, NHL opening night rosters

USHL- 193

OHL- 173

WHL- 115

QMJHL- 79

The CHL is so watered down. The average USHL team would curb storm a CHL team.

But know this, the gap and change is getting even bigger. What was hockey Canada dominance has disappeared 

And as you mentioned correctly, the only difference is generational talent going back 40 years. 

Bedard 

Mcadavid 

Crosby 

Lindros 

Lemieux 

Gretzky