• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#29) Rangers @ Boston Bruins — Shippin' up

Phil

4 hours ago, Pete said:

The biggest eye opener about this game for me was that the Rangers had Swayman dead to rights at least two or three times where they were staring at open nets and elected to pass. 

When Zib passed up a shot to try and get it back to you Panarin who was covered in the slot, you could see Panarin give him a death stare as if to say "what the FUCK are you doing?"

This easily could have been a four or five to one outcome. 

Any word on a suspension for Pasta? It was clear that he was hunting Lindgren all night. A little disappointed that there was no response from the Rangers. They should have went after Marchand. 

I don’t think he will get suspended. The refs got the call right and there isn’t usually supplemental if a game misconduct is given unless particularly egregious which this wasn’t. Also cost Boston the game. That said I’d fucking love to see it

Edited by Valriera
  • Keeps it 100 1

I think Pastrnak cost the Bruins the game with that hit on Lindgren.  The Bruins had things in an equilibrium leaning their way at the point of the hit and afterwards they lost the services of their best forward and gave the Rangers some real momentum.

5 hours ago, Br4d said:

The Rangers are doing too much east-west stuff right now but it didn't kill them last night.

Zibanejad is setting up differently on the left side on the power play now, down low and looking to pass to the slot.  Not bad at all but he is passing up some shots as you said.

Fox penetrated well last night but for some reason would not shoot the puck off of that penetration.  Rebounds are worth something as well and any shot from in close to the blocker side is likely to produce one.

Fox did rip some from the point to my pleasing though. 

19 minutes ago, mbob said:

Fox did rip some from the point to my pleasing though. 

He's a great player who self-limits by his choices.

Similar to Panarin who when he is shooting he is great and when he is playmaking he could be great but he's not shooting...

• Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...