• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ima Say it... Trade Shesterkin?

The Dude

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Explosive aggressiveness looks like it's back on the menu. 

He's listed at 6'1. I've seen him listed as tall as 6'2. He might be 6' and change. Gotta be aggressive.

Save on Hedman where he challenged 3' out of the crease was phenomenal. 

Valliquette was talking about Quick after the Panthers game saying how too many goalies today just make the technical save, but Quick is a throwback because after the 2nd save he's just trying to stop the puck by any means necessary.

I feel like Igor lost that "by any means necessary" competitive edge, and then his confidence went out the window and he was in his head and that impacted his ability to even make the first save. 

• Bullseye 1

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Explosive aggressiveness looks like it's back on the menu. 

He's listed at 6'1. I've seen him listed as tall as 6'2. He might be 6' and change. Gotta be aggressive.

I met him outside the Garden sometime early in his rookie season. He’s definitely closer to 5’11” - 6’0.” I’m 5’9” and he’s barely taller than me.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

Save on Hedman where he challenged 3' out of the crease was phenomenal. 

Valliquette was talking about Quick after the Panthers game saying how too many goalies today just make the technical save, but Quick is a throwback because after the 2nd save he's just trying to stop the puck by any means necessary.

I feel like Igor lost that "by any means necessary" competitive edge, and then his confidence went out the window and he was in his head and that impacted his ability to even make the first save. 

The number of sprawling left leg saves by both of them has been pretty amazing, Quick particularly.

Also, really love the way Quick hugs the whole post when the puck is moving behind the net.  He's like an octopus and just slithers over to the other side and melds himself to the post.

3 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I met him outside the Garden sometime early in his rookie season. He’s definitely closer to 5’11” - 6’0.” I’m 5’9” and he’s barely taller than me.

What he's doing as a "short" goalie is actually incredible, but also very important. I wish they'd lean in to it a bit.

• Keeps it 100 1