• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Adam Edstrom as Precaution for 'Under the Weather' Forward

Phil

All these precautionary call-ups are very strange for a team this close to the cap. Some of them seem to be a luxury more than a necessity.

This just increases the suspicion that Jim Ramsey was hiding a lot of injuries. This coaching staff seems to sit players out if they fart crooked. 

• Keeps it 100 1

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

All these precautionary call-ups are very strange for a team this close to the cap. Some of them seem to be a luxury more than a necessity.

This just increases the suspicion that Jim Ramsey was hiding a lot of injuries. This coaching staff seems to sit players out if they fart crooked. 

Kinda, maybe, but no team envisions losing multiple players to LTIR this early in the year. It really throws a wrench into the gears because you can't use it to maximize room and it's so difficult to even map out a potential return on a player like Chytil because it's a head injury and not something more normalized like a broken bone.

Edstrom? Out of all the forwards to call up you pick Edstrom? I'm guessing it's gotta be either Bonino or Goodrow.  But they already have Brodzinski up, so why bring up a nobody center? 

Maybe Drury just likes to spread out his call ups, to give these guys a taste of the NHL experience, even if it is just to practice with the team.  

Do any of these guys make more money by being in the NHL?  Could that be a factor with these unnecessary call ups? Just trying to get some guys more money? 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Edstrom? Out of all the forwards to call up you pick Edstrom? I'm guessing it's gotta be either Bonino or Goodrow.  But they already have Brodzinski up, so why bring up a nobody center? 

Maybe Drury just likes to spread out his call ups, to give these guys a taste of the NHL experience, even if it is just to practice with the team.  

Do any of these guys make more money by being in the NHL?  Could that be a factor with these unnecessary call ups? Just trying to get some guys more money? 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Good for Edstrom.  I'm thinking its a little strange that Nash didn't get the call. 

Confusion Reaction GIF

• LMFAO 3

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Confusion Reaction GIF

Figured Nash already had been with the team and in a game (Washington). I believe he's doing well in the A too. 

Nash is solid on draws decent defensively and can play physical/ drop the gloves. Would have been nice to go old school and sick the AHL call up on Wilson in that disaster.  

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Figured Nash already had been with the team and in a game (Washington). I believe he's doing well in the A too. 

Nash is solid on draws decent defensively and can play physical/ drop the gloves. Would have been nice to go old school and sick the AHL call up on Wilson in that disaster.  

I hear you, I just thought it was funny to read it play out post after post. I don't know what they're doing with the call-ups these days, doesn't seem to make any sense. 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nash has two career fights. There is nothing old school about him. Edstrom is tougher.