• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Chytil Suffers Another Concussion; Placed on LTIR

Phil

They are certainly being cautious and there doesn’t appear to be a timetable for a return. As I wrote a few weeks ago, the Rangers sent Chytil to Michigan neurologist Jeffrey Kutcher, who is the go-to independent concussion expert around the league now. Chytil is skating on his own and he’s been around the practice facility, but that’s all we know.

There is no concussion protocol standard in the NHL, though each team does rigorous testing.

https://theathletic.com/5151991/2023/12/20/rangers-kakko-chytil-perreault/

• Phil changed the title to Chytil Suffers Another Concussion; Placed on LTIR
31 minutes ago, Valriera said:

I just have a feeling that’s it for chytil. Young guy, plenty of life yet, no need to risk it. Maybe next year 

I agree that’s it for him this year.

We’ve seen a lot of players suffer from this early and go on to have long careers. There’s already one on the team (Zib).

From a team standpoint, they need a concrete answer on if he will return this year by the deadline.

54 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I agree that’s it for him this year.

We’ve seen a lot of players suffer from this early and go on to have long careers. There’s already one on the team (Zib).

From a team standpoint, they need a concrete answer on if he will return this year by the deadline.

I would say before the deadline. But I’d be operating as if he was done for the year, because even if by some miracle he does return, we would all be holding our breath anytime he took the ice. Especially in the playoffs.

• Bullseye 1

13 hours ago, Sod16 said:

If it's true that he was concussed at the start of camp, and it probably is, and then suffered another 10 games in, he should sit for the year.  Thankfully, the attitude of teams has changed and no one is pushing for his return.

That I agree with 100%. 
If he did in fact get one at camp in September, then had another one 10 games in, just a couple of months later in early November, then yeah.

2 in 2 months and you shouldn’t play that season.