• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#13) Rangers vs. Minnesota Wild — Let's Run it Back

High and Wide

6 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Who the hell is playing goalie for the Wolfpack right now?  Kinda harsh having both your goalies called up to the big show at the same time.

They didn't tell you huh?

Suit up, man!!  I hate the be the bearer of bad news, but you're in tonight!  LOL

• LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 1

17 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Who the hell is playing goalie for the Wolfpack right now?  Kinda harsh having both your goalies called up to the big show at the same time.

Hartford is off tonight. They play tomorrow. I imagine at least one of them will be sent back down, as I believe Igor is ready but the Rangers are being prudent giving him a few extra days. If anything, Garand goes down to start and Domingue remains to back up Igor.

4 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Domingue stinks and has no future here. He’s just a body.

A cup of coffee for the kid feels more beneficial for the franchise for a multitude of reasons. He played well last year for Hartford in the playoffs and has also played well this year. This is an unexpected opportunity to get a glimpse of what he can offer at this level. I don’t think it should be a foregone conclusion that they re-sign Shesterkin after next season, so any opportunity to vet out Garand should be taken.

No one said Domingue was a competitor for the Vezina. But, he is the 3rd string goalie here. As infrequent as it may happen, when it does occur that Igor and Quick can’t go, Domingue is next man up. I don’t see the issue. We dealt with it with Kinkaid in years past where he has had to step in. It is what it is. I don’t think any teams necessarily thrilled to be in a position to have to play their 3rd option in net. But, it is what it is. And the reason Domingue is even here is for a game like this. I don’t see the big deal. 

8 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

No one said Domingue was a competitor for the Vezina. But, he is the 3rd string goalie here. As infrequent as it may happen, when it does occur that Igor and Quick can’t go, Domingue is next man up. I don’t see the issue. We dealt with it with Kinkaid in years past where he has had to step in. It is what it is. I don’t think any teams necessarily thrilled to be in a position to have to play their 3rd option in net. But, it is what it is. And the reason Domingue is even here is for a game like this. I don’t see the big deal. 

Exactly.

No teams 3rd goalie is great.

If they were, they’d be someone’s back up. 

If they play a couple of games, it’s ok.

52 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It's a strange situation.  You'd think the Rangers would have called up Domingue when Igor got hurt.  What if Quick had gotten injured?