• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #12] Rangers vs. Detroit Red Wings — Put the Hot Wheels Away

High and Wide

I think we're just about there with Wheeler.  He really doesn't have much left and what he does have doesn't mesh with anything we do.

If the Rangers were short front men on the power play we could use him that way but Kreider and Lafreniere cover that just fine.

BTW, Lafreniere looked really good behind the net tonight.

Edited by Br4d
  • Like 1

Just a solid game. Yeah, the 3rd was a mess for a good majority of the 20 minutes. Definitely took their foot off the gas a little there and need to tighten up there for sure. But, Detroit has had a good start too and for the most part (definitely all of the first 40) we dominated them. I mean, I’m talking NHL team vs. AHL team type of dominating. We were quicker, we were sharper, we were threading passes through them, generated a ton of opportunities, we were physical, we pinned them in their own end multiple times, our pressure was good, our forecheck was good, we scored 5v5, we stayed hot a man up, and we had a good PK. Really, the first 40 was about as textbook perfect as you can expect from a team that is truly looking like it could be a real force. 

Edited by RichieNextel305

A pretty solid ass-kicking, followed by the refs trying to keep the ratings up, and us clinging to a lead with the white-knuckle-death-grip!

Another very solid game from Laff, who's starting to look like he's gained a stride or two of late.  Other than a few bad penalties, we looked really great for most of the game.

...and here are the Top 11 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Mike's Mayo, of course!  ...I mean....was there ever a doubt???

2 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Wheeler back to Winnipeg for a bag of dicks. 

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Detroit's coach looks like the Penguin.

2 hours ago, mbob said:

Chris “Just the tip” Kreider

2 hours ago, siddious said:

I’m gonna tell you the same thing I tell my wife… I’m gonna need a pill for that 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Holy fuck Uncle Fester 

2 hours ago, Dem said:

Rangers are as hot as a fresh fucked fox in a forest fire

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I read a lot of bad takes in this place, but this is one of the worst. Nobody's getting laid tonight. 

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Rangers definitely found a new coke dealer tonight 

1 hour ago, mbob said:

Hoping to get the goose egg for Quick on his first msg start

1 hour ago, siddious said:

I’m pretty sure Cuylle lays his mom out in the hallway when they pass each other.. guy just hits everyone and everything!

1 hour ago, Dem said:

You n mbob are being sent a lifetime supply of mikes mayo

So, the Sam Rosen jinx award goes to @mbob, who totally put the ka-bosh on Quick in the 3rd!!!  This infraction may actually cost him power ranking points tonight!!  😉

But our winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to a guy who we have better chance of getting hit with a meteor, than getting him out for a game:  Pete!!@siddious!!!  Damn right man; Cuylle is a wrecking ball! 

Love that kid!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m not trying to get flamed here, nor am I saying that it should happen. But, I do have to say, I like the way PP1 looked with Gustafsson looked back there. 

I know that it seems like I hate Adam Fox. I don’t. I love the guy and I realize how brilliant he is. Yes, I have gripes with some things he does. But, I’m not stupid. The guy is a Top-2 or 3 defenseman in the sport; particularly when it comes to his performance on the PP, where he is one of the very best quarterbacks of a power play in the sport.

All that I’m saying is that it was nice to have a lefty out there to shake it up a bit and have a threat on both sides up top to take a one-timer. Gustafsson also has a ton of experience QB’ing on the PP on other teams where he has been successful. He has been such a fucking steal for what we gave him. And at least we’re not flailing looking for someone to fill in there, because we seem to be continuing to dominate on the man advantage. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m not trying to get flamed here, nor am I saying that it should happen. But, I do have to say, I like the way PP1 looked with Gustafsson looked back there. 

I know that it seems like I hate Adam Fox. I don’t. I love the guy and I realize how brilliant he is. Yes, I have gripes with some things he does. But, I’m not stupid. The guy is a Top-2 or 3 defenseman in the sport; particularly when it comes to his performance on the PP, where he is one of the very best quarterbacks of a power play in the sport.

All that I’m saying is that it was nice to have a lefty out there to shake it up a bit and have a threat on both sides up top to take a one-timer. Gustafsson also has a ton of experience QB’ing on the PP on other teams where he has been successful. He has been such a fucking steal for what we gave him. And at least we’re not flailing looking for someone to fill in there, because we seem to be continuing to dominate on the man advantage. 

PP1 looked unstoppable last night.  Hopefully they continue that trend and it wasn't just because Detroit sucks on the penalty kill.