• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #11] Rangers at Minnesota Wild — Zucc on This

Drew a Penalty

9 hours ago, Br4d said:

We've been insanely lucky the last couple of years with injuries, with only Fox and Shesty missing a few games here and there.

We haven't had a prime contributor wiped out for the season in awhile.

Seriously man!

You can’t say stuff like that!

Ever notice how reporters that have TV or radio shows or podcasts never say that?

2 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Wtf would you say that?  This is permaban worthy if we lose someone for the season

It's just the reality.  The Rangers have to be better than the sum of their parts and so far we've had a lot of parts to work with.

It's better to accept reality and work from that position than just to cruise along thinking things are always going to be golden.

This is why I hate the continual rentals at RW.  We need to be playing with what we have and developing some real depth instead of gluing on pieces each year that we cannot keep.

This year may be a little different in that we're kinda dealing with a cap crunch.  I think a lot of teams are as well.  We grabbed some cheaper extra pieces like Wheeler/Pitlick/Bonino, and we're gonna make due with those guys for this season.  Who knows if they even make it past the trade deadline.

But for what it's worth, I think once the cap starts to move north again, I believe we'll be able to make a few moves that fill some holes better.

• Believe 1

I'd much rather bring up Othmann at the trade deadline than acquire another guy we cannot keep.  Give Othmann some time and growth opportunities at RW and accept the fact that his contributions might not be enough but the future dividends might make up for that.

The Rangers pattern for several years has been one that looks like desperation and leaves us no better off in the end than if we had just slowly tried to progress.

Who knows what this season would have looked like if we called up Cuylle for good midway last season and switched Laffy to Panarin's right?  We don't know what that series against the Devils would have looked like with Cuylle out there on line 3.  Probably no better but what do we have to show for Kane's addition at this point?