• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #11] Rangers at Minnesota Wild — Zucc on This

Drew a Penalty

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo

REGULAR SEASON GAME #11 — 11/04/23

NYR Logo Reflection @ Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 8:00 PM
TV: MSG, BSWI, BSNX
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_BrooksieMollieeWalkerr@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano@StapeAthletic

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: nhl.com/rangersnhl.com/wild

GameCenter - here

NYR Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

8-2-0 (16 Points)

1st — Metropolitan

2-1-0

6-1-0

0-0

8-2-0

W6

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+11 (4th)

3.00 (18th)

1.90 (2nd)

32.4% (3rd)

81.8% (13th)

48.1% (21st)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Chris Kreider (7)

Artemi Panarin (11)

Artemi Panarin (16)

K'Andre Miller (+7)

Jacob Trouba (18)

K'Andre Miller (21:23)

Mika Zibanejad (19:49)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider / Mika Zibanejad A / Kaapo Kakko

Artemi Panarin A  / Vincent Trocheck / Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle / Jonny Brodzinski / Blake Wheeler 

Tyler Pitlick / Nick Bonino / Jimmy Vesey

Ryan Lindgren / Erik Gustafsson
Jacob Trouba C / K'Andre Miller
Zac Jones / Braden Schneider

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Jonathan Quick

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

2-0-0

Healthy Scratches:

Connor Mackey

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Adam Fox A [LTIR] — Lower-body injury

Filip Chytil [IR] — Upper-body injury

Igor Shesterkin [DTD] — Lower-body injury

Barclay Goodrow A [OUT] — Paternity leave

Opponent Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

3-5-2 (8 Points)

7th — Central

2-2-1

1-3-1

0-1

3-5-2

L2

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

-8 (27th)

3.50 (7th)

4.20 (31st)

15.8% (19th)

63.6% (32nd)

47.4% (24th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Ryan Hartman (6)

Mats Zuccarello (8)

Kirill Kaprizov, Joel Eriksson Ek, Mats Zuccarello (10)

Jonas Brodin (+7)

Dakota Mermis (21)

Brock Faber (23:37)

Kirill Kaprizov (22:09)

Starting Lineup:^

Kirill Kaprizov / Marco Rossi / Matthew Boldy
Marcus Johansson / Ryan Hartman / Mats Zuccarello
Marcus Foligno / Joel Eriksson Ek / Pat Maroon
Brandon Duhaime / Connor Dewar / Vinni Lettieri

Jonas Brodin / Brock Faber
Jacob Middleton / Dakota Mermis
Jon Merrill / Calen Addison

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Filip Gustavsson

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

2-3-1

Healthy Scratches:

Daemon Hunt

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Jared Spurgeon [LTIR] — Upper-body injury

Alex Goligoski [LTIR] — Lower-body injury

Frederik Gaudreau [DTD] — Shoulder injury

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

"I know that he was a capable goal scorer last year for Hartford. He came in and you watch him in games and the chances he gets in practice and the way he can finish, there's definitely that potential for him to score goals and create up here, as well. I like his straight-ahead speed. I like his physicality. He's pretty smart and pretty reliable defensively. So, there are a lot of positives. And that’s obviously a big goal. A big goal at the right time in the third period. It gets us a win and gets us two points"

— Peter Laviolette on Will Cuylle

GIF to LOL:

suck my dick GIF

• JIMMY! 1

Ok, enough sulking for me!!!  We got this!  We're kicking these guys asses tonight bigtime!!

No Fox, no Chytil, No Goody, and No Superman......NO PROBLEM!!!

Rangers big!!!  6-3 win and Mika Madness is running wild!!!

Hulk Hogan Wrestling GIF

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

The Wild stink. This is a winnable game. 

They've struggled keeping the puck out of their net, but understandable given Spurgeon's been out all season. Boldy just returned last game after being out a few weeks and looked good. Kaprizov's been shooting at like 7% this season and due to go on a heater. Definitely a team that's performed below their capabilities. I wouldn't call this a winnable game by any stretch of the imagination with our injuries at the moment. A fully healthy Rangers with Shesty in-goal? Then yup. 

Edited by Karan

4 minutes ago, Karan said:

They've struggled keeping the puck out of their net, but understandable given Spurgeon's been out all season. Boldy just returned last game after being out a few weeks and looked good. Kaprizov's been shooting at like 7% this season and due to go on a heater. Definitely a team that's performed below their capabilities. I wouldn't call this a winnable game by any stretch of the imagination with our injuries at the moment. A fully healthy Rangers with Shesty in-goal? Then yup. 

I hear what you're saying, I just don't understand why it makes this game unwinnable. Just because somebody is due to go on a heater doesn't mean it's going to be tonight. Just because a guy looks good doesn't mean he's going to score. If anything our offense should go off as Chytil wasn't driving anything much offensively anyway.

Have some faith homie. This is a winnable game. Even if they lose, it doesn't mean it's not a winnable game. 

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

I hear what you're saying, I just don't understand why it makes this game unwinnable. Just because somebody is due to go on a heater doesn't mean it's going to be tonight. Just because a guy looks good doesn't mean he's going to score. If anything our offense should go off as Chytil wasn't driving anything much offensively anyway.

Have some faith homie. This is a winnable game. Even if they lose, it doesn't mean it's not a winnable game. 

I didn't say it's an unwinnable game. Nor do I believe that. But if the Rangers go into this thinking it's a winnable cake walk, I doubt that's going to be a case against a team that's likely a lot better than their record shows. Probably going to be a high scoring affair, so hopefully the Rangers show up for this one. 

4 minutes ago, Karan said:

I didn't say it's an unwinnable game. Nor do I believe that. But if the Rangers go into this thinking it's a winnable cake walk, I doubt that's going to be a case against a team that's likely a lot better than their record shows. Probably going to be a high scoring affair, so hopefully the Rangers show up for this one. 

Well you said you wouldn't call it a winnable game, which by default makes it unwinnable LOL. I also understand what you're saying with the rest of your post but again don't understand how me saying this is a winnable game becomes debatable. 

Winnable, and cakewalk, are not the same thing. 

Edited by Pete
  • LMFAO 1

Def winnable imo.  Going to feel the loss of Fox the most on the PP and unless they all of the sudden pick up the 5x5 scoring his loss becomes harder to overcome. Certainly not impossible but more challenging if they're going to continue to live off the PP. He has become more than a guy who just stays up top moves the puck around while looking for an opening to tee one up for Kredier to get his stick on.

Let's see what happens.  Surprise me and put up a 5 spot and get a solid effort from Quick. 

We have two changes at 5v5.  Maybe the scoring will pick up with people in different roles.

The Panarin line was all about Panarin so it can only go up from there and line 3 wasn't doing much, so again, only up.

Edited by Br4d

1 minute ago, fletch said:

Expect at least 4 goals from the Rangers tonight.  Minnesota has been terrible on the penalty kill (dead last in PK%) and in their defensive zone.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/teams?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20232024&seasonTo=20232024&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=penaltyKillPct&page=0&pageSize=50

coffee knocking GIF

The ultimate jinx. 4-0 Wild now.