• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-call Jonny Brodzinski, Louis Domingue, and Connor Mackey

Phil

22 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Why put down dollar store tin foil?  Chytil is almost as fragile as Krapsoft.  

Then why the FUCK was he resigned? Why wasn't he traded 2 seasons ago with that fantastic run in the playoffs??

SELL HIGH!!

34 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

It’ll be ok.

Better now than in April

Odds are this isn't the last time he'll be hurt this season. You just can't count on him staying in the line-up. Last nights "collision" I will go out on a limb and say most guys play on. If this was a one off thing you give him the benefit of the doubt but all signs continue  point to him being made of paper mache. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, jsrangers said:

Odds are this isn't the last time he'll be hurt this season. You just can't count on him staying in the line-up. Last nights "collision" I will go out on a limb and say most guys play on. If this was a one off thing you give him the benefit of the doubt but all signs continue  point to him being made of paper mache. 

Why put down paper mache?

10 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I was referring to Fox

• Cheers 1

From the 2nd angle you can see him kind of stopping and turning away from the hit at the last second. Instead of embracing it and hitting back he tries to duck away from it and as a result he gets hit in the chest with his body twisted and legs tangled, instead of a normal "shoulder to shoulder" hit.

It's the reason this keeps happening to him. He got the body to take these hits like a man, he just refuses to do it and ends up hurt instead.

damn it's not like Fast even tried to run through him, it was almost an excuse me deal on both sides. Chytil can't be that hurt from that one, I would guess it's more precautionary and he'll sit a couple.  Then onto the next one where he gets run for real.

1 hour ago, Costa said:

Then why the FUCK was he resigned? Why wasn't he traded 2 seasons ago with that fantastic run in the playoffs??

SELL HIGH!!

The only problem with putting Brodzinski at C on Panarin's line is that he may score a few and really unsettle the roster on Chytil's return.

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 1

17 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

damn it's not like Fast even tried to run through him, it was almost an excuse me deal on both sides. Chytil can't be that hurt from that one, I would guess it's more precautionary and he'll sit a couple.  Then onto the next one where he gets run for real.

I don’t think he’s concussed.

It looks like he strained or tweeked something or maybe just a bad bruise

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a shoulder.  He really is made out of shit though!!  Good christ!  If a fucking mouse farts, Chytil goes out for 2 weeks.

It looks maybe shoulder.

Hopefully it’s just jammed and sore and it’s only a game or two to be safe. 

• Believe 1

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

From the 2nd angle you can see him kind of stopping and turning away from the hit at the last second. Instead of embracing it and hitting back he tries to duck away from it and as a result he gets hit in the chest with his body twisted and legs tangled, instead of a normal "shoulder to shoulder" hit.

It's the reason this keeps happening to him. He got the body to take these hits like a man, he just refuses to do it and ends up hurt instead.

To me it looks like Chytil was trying to turn to get his shoulder out in front to brace for contact and couldn’t do it in time. It looks like Fast’s shoulder caught him in the chest, and potentially his elbow to Chytil’s rib cage. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a hairline fracture in the ribs or sternum.

• Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

To me it looks like Chytil was trying to turn to get his shoulder out in front to brace for contact and couldn’t do it in time. It looks like Fast’s shoulder caught him in the chest, and potentially his elbow to Chytil’s rib cage. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a hairline fracture in the ribs or sternum.

It's level 4 baby mouse fart damage correctly diagnosed by Dr. @Ozzy

• Bullseye 1

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Re-call Jonny Brodzinski, Louis Domingue, and Connor Mackey
6 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

As crazy as it sounds I would give him chance to center Panarin short term 

Absolutely.  I dread seeing Trocheck with Panarin again.  Then again Brodzinski is Trocheck lite or AHL Trocheck,  without the grizzle.

Edited by The Dude

3 hours ago, jsrangers said:

I'm thinking shoulder,  though reports think it's concussion.