• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lafrenière Re-Re-Reset: 2023–24 Edition

RichieNextel305

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

He really did. It's refreshing, but some of us were also believers for quite a while. Kid is doing some awesome things out there. 

....ahem.....  LOL

• Believe 1

On 4/21/2024 at 11:07 PM, Keirik said:

Oh 100% but you still believe in Kakko so you're batting .500 

I believe in KK.   Absolutely, a key to our core group.  He's certainly giving effort.   Hitting posts will translate.   KK, Laffy, Cuyle and Matty breakout series.    Jimmy V the 4th line anchor !  Ha, who saw that coming ?    Batting 500, hmmmm  HOF

• Believe 1

27 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

I believe in KK.   Absolutely, a key to our core group.  He's certainly giving effort.   Hitting posts will translate.   KK, Laffy, Cuyle and Matty breakout series.    Jimmy V the 4th line anchor !  Ha, who saw that coming ?    Batting 500, hmmmm  HOF

Kakko is going to be just fine.

Broken record here but… Players are ready when they’re ready. 

• Believe 2

On 4/21/2024 at 11:26 PM, Pete said:

You don't get brownie points for blind faith. 😉 

He's finally showing why he was drafted number one.

To say “Finally” is unfair.

It took him 3 seasons and a whopping total of just over 200 games to figure it out at the ripe old age of 22. 

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

To say “Finally” is unfair.

It took him 3 seasons and a whopping total of just over 200 games to figure it out at the ripe old age of 22. 

I don't agree that it's "unfair", life isn't fair... I don't care how many games it took, for the first three seasons he showed very, very little compared to other 1OA.

Edited by Pete

On 4/22/2024 at 8:34 AM, Ozzy said:

Even a blind squirrel.....  LOL

Nah don’t let him talk to you that way!

It wasn’t blind faith at all. Laf showed some talent in previous seasons to give hope, just not with enough frequency. He needed to improve physically for the talent to be better showcased with more frequency, and we talked about it all summer long. He did that.

• Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

It wasn’t blind faith at all. Laf showed some talent in previous seasons to give hope, just not with enough frequency. He needed to improve physically for the talent to be better showcased with more frequency, and we talked about it all summer long. He did that.

it was definitely there, he just needed time to put it all together.  

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Wearing the jersey tonight with the crew!! 

I got him for 1st goal tonight!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Valriera said:

3 pts, hits, everything, amazing so far, keep it up kid

And came flying, I mean literally flying, in to Panarins aid after he took Oshie's head off. Magnifique.

• Keeps it 100 3

20 minutes ago, Gravesy said:

And came flying, I mean literally flying, in to Panarins aid after he took Oshie's head off. Magnifique.

The chemistry and camaraderie with these guys is unreal. The best I've seen it in a very long time.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

The chemistry and camaraderie with these guys is unreal. The best I've seen it in a very long time.

...ever!

...and that includes '94

Trocheck, who signed with the Rangers going into the 2022-23 season, liked Lafrenière as soon as he got to New York. He said his teammate has layers to his game; he’s offensively skilled but also willing to forecheck and play with physicality, as he showed when he separated Vincent Iorio from a puck with a big hit in Game 1 against Washington, leading to a Rangers goal. Trocheck pushed to skate on a line with the skilled younger player last season, but then-coach Gerard Gallant normally put Lafrenière with Kaapo Kakko and Filip Chytil.

https://theathletic.com/5442825/2024/04/25/rangers-alexis-lafreniere-nyr-vs-wsh?source=user-shared-article

##

Gallant, the fucking mastermind at it again!

• LMFAO 1

8 minutes ago, siddious said:

I mean yes but the kid line was also good 

Were they? Or did they really just have a couple of stretches of good games at a lot of shit in between?