• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mike Babcock Resigns as Blue Jackets Coach Amid Investigation Involving Players’ Photos

RichieNextel305

6 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that he was contrite for what he did and learned from it. But it turns out that he's just a sociopathic, egomaniacal control freak who can't help himself. 

You'd think five years in purgatory would humble you a bit, but apparently he just absolutely needs to display everyone's summer break and spank bank on the big TVs.

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

I'm not surprised if that's the case. Spittin Chiclets pumps a lot of BS

no they dont- at the very most they usually say stuff in a joking manner/admit they have no inside info. This was different. They claimed someone on the inside gave them this info. 

theyll probably bite the bullet next pod if its not true. 

11 minutes ago, CCCP said:

its not Spittin Chicklets who blew this out of proportion, its the fans who love to hate.  Case in point!

well they did/were the only ones to report it...

43 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Biz is funny and I like listening to him. It sounds like Jenner doesn't speak for the room and with Biz standing firm on his platform, I'd imagine this rumor has legs.

I'm not so sure about that. I'd imagine Biz is on thin ice with TNT right now too. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/blue-jackets-johnny-gaudreau-describes-photo-sharing-with-mike-babcock/?

"I was a little upset how it got kinda blown out of proportion there," Gaudreau told Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek during a recording of their 32 Thoughts podcast in Henderson, Nev.

"It was his way of kinda getting to know me, and I got to get to know him," Gaudreau said. "I wasn't uncomfortable at all. I was showing him pictures of my family. If I had (a) problem with it, I would've been like, 'I don't think I'm comfortable with that.' But I had no problem with it."

Gaudreau, 30, explained that Babcock initiated the exchange by saying, "I want to get to know you. Show me some pictures of your family, what you like to in the summer, things you did this summer. So, I pulled up pictures."

Gaudreau says he was happy to share photos of his 10-month-old daughter, Noa; his mother and father; his brother; his beloved and recently deceased grandmother; and his dog.

"I've never had a coach take a direction like that and get to know me on a personal level like that right off the bat — and it was the first time I ever met him. He showed me a few things about his family and kinda talked about his kids and his wife and the dogs that he's watching now ... We got to know each other that way. Then we got right into the hockey after," Gaudreau said.

• Like 1

My point earlier was that they don’t try to stir the pot or make shit up usually on chiclets. 

I highly doubt he just made this up. He was probably told what he was told by someone(s) who either gave them false info or someone who maybe didn’t enjoy the experience like some of the stars on the team did. 

well never know is my guess 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

My point earlier was that they don’t try to stir the pot or make shit up usually on chiclets. 

I highly doubt he just made this up. He was probably told what he was told by someone(s) who either gave them false info or someone who maybe didn’t enjoy the experience like some of the stars on the team did. 

good theater tho

• Like 1

5 hours ago, siddious said:

My utter speculation is that some players had questionable pics on their phone that they were embarrassed to scroll by when Babs asked to see their family, so they big mad.

But like I said, speculation.

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

Sounds to me like he wasn't given complete information, so the text shot he took and ran with paints a darker picture than what maybe actually occurred. The problem here is that Babcock doesn't get the benefit of doubt because of his past. 32 Thoughts were talking about this on the latest episode and Friedman basically said that Babcock has to be on perfect behavior.

• Like 1