• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ballsy Predictions - 2023-24 Season Edition

LindG1000

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

I know he's looked washed for awhile, but I expect him to at least keep you in the game. Like, similar to Halak but maybe a tad worse? lol I don't know. He's only here because he was a cheap option. Halak hasn't even signed anywhere yet, right?

Quick was one of the worst goaltenders in the league last year. It was a very odd choice for them to sign him, but they made their bed and now they have to lie in it. 

Halak is still FA, yes. 

Quick is already an enemy here for 2014, now he comes here to live out his dream, but he'll probably be terrible and the fans will just hate him even more. lol Lucky him. He might be okay, we'll see. Again, he's just here because he was cheap to get and Halak wanted more and that wasn't happening. Halak did have that great run last year, but overall was average at best. Although, probably still better than what we'll get from Quick this season. Time will tell. Allaire is good, but he can't de-age goaltenders.

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Quick is already an enemy here for 2014, now he comes here to live out his dream, but he'll probably be terrible and the fans will just hate him even more. lol Lucky him. He might be okay, we'll see. Again, he's just here because he was cheap to get and Halak wanted more and that wasn't happening. Halak did have that great run last year, but overall was average at best. Although, probably still better than what we'll get from Quick this season. Time will tell. Allaire is good, but he can't de-age goaltenders.

Can he de-suck them?

2 hours ago, CCCP said:

i think Drury is betting on Allaire to de-suck Quick

Great coaching can de-suck goalies who have always sucked.

Coaching can't do anything about the aging process.  You can either go east/west or north/south in a hurry or you can't and Quick's season last year suggests he can't do it any more.

His mind knows what to do but his body can't maintain the pace required to do it.

• LINDY! 1

• 6 months later...

Happy end of the regular season, folks. Let's see how we did!

On 9/11/2023 at 1:23 PM, Pete said:

Blake Wheeler scores 30+ goals and 70+ points.

Certainly ballsy. Blake Wheeler played 51 games this season, scored 9 goals, had 21 total points. 

On 9/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, RJWantsTheCup said:

Panarin breaks the Rangers single season scoring record with 130 points.

Goddamn man. Ballsy to call a 130 point season, and that it feels like this was even CLOSE is worthy of recognition. Take a bow, and honestly, take rep for this one.

On 9/11/2023 at 2:29 PM, Ozzy said:

Oh Awesome...got here in time before someone stole my thunder!!!

Kakko: 33 goals - 42 assists for 75 points!!!

Certainly ballsy, but much to our chagrin, off by 20 goals and 36 assists.

On 9/11/2023 at 2:51 PM, Albatrosss said:

Shesty with 13 Shutouts.  

Ballsy, my dude, but off by 9.

On 9/11/2023 at 3:13 PM, LindG1000 said:

K'Andre Miller leads Rangers defensemen in PPG

Ballsy for sure. K'Andre Miller had....zero PPG.

On 9/11/2023 at 3:20 PM, Phil said:

I see we're already back to everyone not understanding that ballsy ≠ completely implausible.

K'Andre Miller with the nicest 69 points.

The Hog had a great season, but he finished 39 points short.

On 9/11/2023 at 3:31 PM, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Kakko and Laf both have at least 70 points

Drury has been instructing coaches to keep them cheap so they don't have to get paid big $ until the cap goes up a lot. Now its time they finally get unleashed

Ballsy, but nope. Kakko missed by 51, Lafrenire missed by 13

On 9/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, RichieNextel305 said:

Filip Chytil, in the role of 2C on a line with Panarin, finds a home and clicks instantly with Bread. And he gets over 40 goals for the first time in his career.

This one never had a chance. 

On 9/11/2023 at 4:00 PM, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

also in keeping with my silly prediction from last year regarding a Hajek GWG in the playoffs

Jake Leschyshyn wins game 5 in the first round for the rangers to win a series 4-1

I guess, technically, you're still alive, but technically, you also predicted out-of-bounds.

On 9/11/2023 at 4:04 PM, Drew a Penalty said:

Adam Sykora makes the team out of camp.

The rare "ballsy and dead before the puck drops" prediction!

On 9/11/2023 at 6:05 PM, BrooksBurner said:

Panarin no more than 16 goals and 69 points

Panarin OVERPACED this by 33 goals and 51 points, or as we call it, an entire season of Chris Kreider powerplay production. 

On 9/11/2023 at 7:24 PM, Flynn said:

Rangers trade for Tyler Motte at the deadline

Jack Roslovic is like upmarket Tyler Motte, but he isn't Tyler Motte

On 9/11/2023 at 9:27 PM, Long live the King said:

Zib sets the franchise record for goals in a season, scores over 100 points, and wins league MVP.

The ballsy! Zib had a great season, but did none of this things

On 9/11/2023 at 9:42 PM, Blue Heaven said:

Igor Shesterkin scores more goals than Aaron Rodgers throws complete passes this season. 

It's a push! They both managed...goose egg

On 9/12/2023 at 5:55 PM, The Dude said:

Kreider hits 50 goals again. 

Not bad! But, 39 isn't 50.

On 9/13/2023 at 8:55 AM, Cash or Czech said:

Gustafsson puts up 45 points and fuels a resurgence in the 2nd PP unit. We lead the league in PP%.

Gus put up 30, so not a bad pull here, but 30 ain't 45. We had a great PP (heh), but not league leading

On 9/13/2023 at 11:41 AM, Morphinity 2.0 said:

The Rangers will set an NHL record with a regular season PP% of 34.3%.

....and not 34.3% good either.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:41 PM, Keirik said:

Alexei LaFreniere has more goals than Artemi Panarin 

Kudos for the Laf call, but Panarin went nuclear this season.

On 9/25/2023 at 1:25 PM, phillyb said:

Shesty not only pots one, but it ends up being the GWG. 

Just as an underscore, this is the ballsiest prediction possible. This has only been done once in the history of the NHL. 

On 9/25/2023 at 1:29 PM, Valriera said:

The rangers are above 50% in the faceoff dot for the first time since my balls dropped

This happened. Ballsy in context, not so ballsy in that 15-17 teams are probably over 50% every year.

On 9/25/2023 at 11:18 PM, Karan said:

I'll stick with the theme of my prediction from last season...

Quick gets at least 20 wins this season. 

I think we gotta give this to you. Quick got 18 wins in 26 starts, and since this prediction came almost true without a Shesterkin injury, I think we give the props and kudos here.

Let's get some rep over to @Karan, @Valriera, @RJWantsTheCup, and if you want to give a bit of shit to @BrooksBurner for that anti-mush pick, go for it. We'll see you for the playoffs, folks.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 5
  • Applause 3

On 9/27/2023 at 4:14 PM, Br4d said:

Great coaching can de-suck goalies who have always sucked.

Coaching can't do anything about the aging process.  You can either go east/west or north/south in a hurry or you can't and Quick's season last year suggests he can't do it any more.

His mind knows what to do but his body can't maintain the pace required to do it.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

14 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Happy end of the regular season, folks. Let's see how we did!

Certainly ballsy. Blake Wheeler played 51 games this season, scored 9 goals, had 21 total points. 

Goddamn man. Ballsy to call a 130 point season, and that it feels like this was even CLOSE is worthy of recognition. Take a bow, and honestly, take rep for this one.

Certainly ballsy, but much to our chagrin, off by 20 goals and 36 assists.

Ballsy, my dude, but off by 9.

Ballsy for sure. K'Andre Miller had....zero PPG.

The Hog had a great season, but he finished 39 points short.

Ballsy, but nope. Kakko missed by 51, Lafrenire missed by 13

This one never had a chance. 

I guess, technically, you're still alive, but technically, you also predicted out-of-bounds.

The rare "ballsy and dead before the puck drops" prediction!

Panarin OVERPACED this by 33 goals and 51 points, or as we call it, an entire season of Chris Kreider powerplay production. 

Jack Roslovic is like upmarket Tyler Motte, but he isn't Tyler Motte

The ballsy! Zib had a great season, but did none of this things

It's a push! They both managed...goose egg

Not bad! But, 39 isn't 50.

Gus put up 30, so not a bad pull here, but 30 ain't 45. We had a great PP (heh), but not league leading

....and not 34.3% good either.

Kudos for the Laf call, but Panarin went nuclear this season.

Just as an underscore, this is the ballsiest prediction possible. This has only been done once in the history of the NHL. 

This happened. Ballsy in context, not so ballsy in that 15-17 teams are probably over 50% every year.

I think we gotta give this to you. Quick got 18 wins in 26 starts, and since this prediction came almost true without a Shesterkin injury, I think we give the props and kudos here.

Let's get some rep over to @Karan, @Valriera, @RJWantsTheCup, and if you want to give a bit of shit to @BrooksBurner for that anti-mush pick, go for it. We'll see you for the playoffs, folks.

such a long post.  when did you have time to read Das Kapital?  

Happy Cracking Up GIF by ZDF heute-show