• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ballsy Predictions - 2023-24 Season Edition

LindG1000

While we have no goddamn idea when camp starts (seriously, NYR Social Media, you're dropping the fucking ball), we are a mere 13 days from our first Preseason game. Things are pumpkin-flavored. The weather hasn't changed one fucking lick. And once more, as we do every September, we throw ourselves on the burning pyre of optimism, admit its the hope that kills us, and predict overly optimistic things about the upcoming season that will inevitably come back and bite us in the ass so hard that @Ozzy gives the prediction a $20 and asks for another.

Don't believe me? You can just take your own words for it.

Lafreniere scores 70+ points and scores 30+ goals. - @Pete

Yeah. On his Dunkin Donuts rewards card.

Zac Jones outscores Kaapo Kakko. - @Drew a Penalty

Kakko scored twenty times more points than Zac Jones.

Othmann & Cuylle combined out score Chytil & Kakko combined. - @RJWantsTheCup

Othmann and Cuylle combined for EL GOOSE-EGG

Hajek locks down the LD on the 3rd D pairing, takes Millers job by Christmas. Pots 30 points.  Miller traded in the Kane deal at deadline. @The Dude

Libor Hajek scores a GWG to win us a playoff game. Extra points for me if its a series winning goal @BlairBettsBlocksEverything

Again, there has to be a lesson here. Didn't Einstein say something about doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results....eh, I don't know.

Rules: You get to make EXACTLY ONE prediction about the 2022-23 New York Rangers. It must be less than obvious. Most off-the-wall truth at the end of the season wins nothing rep. I am asking for incredible foresight here, so get your divining hats on (or drink yourself silly).

Oh, and no repeat predictions. If someone beats you to the punch, so be it.

• LMFAO 2

While outlining everyone else's ballsy but wrong predictions, you neglected to post your own, nor was it even ballsy.

On 9/19/2022 at 8:21 PM, LindG1000 said:

Adam Fox breaks the Rangers defenseman scoring record.

Sack up and put yourself out there.

Edited by Pete
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

While outlining everyone else's ballsy but wrong predictions, you neglected to post your own, nor was it even ballsy.

Sack up and put yourself out there.

Wasn't ballsy enough to call out. Also, not ragging anyone here. We're hopelessly optimistic because that's what fandom is. If we can't laugh at that once in a while....

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Filip Chytil, in the role of 2C on a line with Panarin, finds a home and clicks instantly with Bread. And he gets over 40 goals for the first time in his career.

I second 40+ goals for Chytil.

What was last seasons winning prediction?

42 minutes ago, CCCP said:

but 70 points are doable.  in fact, if he plays with Panarin i'd wager he'd get to 70 points.  

Which is why I said 30 goals AND 70+ points, not OR. The prediction is he'll have both.

He also only had 55 points last year. How many players get better at 37?

Frankly I'd be happy with the 55 points from a 2nd liner.

Edited by Pete