• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-sign Alexis Lafreniere to 2-year, $4.65m Contract; $2.325m AAV

LindG1000

35 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

@Br4d is right. It’s always been weird that they mandated Lafreniere do English interviews only. Imagine how awkward that conversation would be telling an 18 y.o. native French speaker he can’t ever use French, while Panarin gets up there after 8 years in the country talking Russian.

Bro he speaks English. Stop grasping at straws. It's not like Kakko who could only say "Is nice city 👍

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

You're backtracking, you alluded that English was an issue for him and it isn't.

Nope. I didn’t.

Imagine that conversation with grown men telling an 18 y.o. kid transplanting to NYC: “No french pal”. It’s a weird and awkward demand. It’s even weirder that you don’t think that’s weird.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nope. I didn’t.

Yea, you did and then you managed to drag Panarin into it as well, unsurprisingly.

Imagine how awkward that conversation would be telling an 18 y.o. native French speaker he can’t ever use French, while Panarin gets up there after 8 years in the country talking Russian.

It’s even weirder that you don’t think that’s weird.

Don't worry about what I think is weird, stick to the topic.

I’m optimistic about Kakko. He normally puts in good work during his offseasons and he’s going to get opportunities under Laviolette.

That photo of Lafreniere playing softball from a few weeks ago where he looks like a high schooler has me thinking we’re in for more of the same from him. Just the same soft body during the most important offseason of his career.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

It's time for Lafreniere to play on the top line. Kreider fits with Trocheck and Vesey. Gotta see what Lafreniere does with Zibenejad. 

Yup.

Should have just force-fed the minutes.

They could not/would not do so in the A.

Thats the biggest thing that players feel. The minutes.

Let ‘em play.

Let ‘em learn.

On the job.

Theres a reasonable limit and parameters.

But it often doesn’t go well when you don’t.

Granted, if it doesn’t fit you, it can be limited and delayed some.

But they have waited too long. 

7 hours ago, Pete said:

It's time for Lafreniere to play on the top line. Kreider fits with Trocheck and Vesey. Gotta see what Lafreniere does with Zibenejad. 

While I agree that Kreider fits with Trocheck,  I think Lafrenière should be with Trocheck to start the year and ho from there. 

If Lafrenière can fit with anyone on this roster, I feel like Trocheck is the guy. Laf can feed him his typical pass to the front of the net for a tap in. Trocheck is one of the few who ho to the spots Lafrenière passes to. 

That and I'm not rewarding that fat fuck with 1st line status. Fuck him.