• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers RFA Lafreniere Confident New Deal Will Come Soon

Phil

On 8/14/2023 at 10:57 AM, jsm7302 said:

Work Shmerk......He is willing it into fruition....

"You have to be patient. It will come, I think."

A better comment would be:" I've been training hard all off season, trying to improve my game so I can produce at the level I expect myself to, to help contribute to our team."

He even sucks answering press questions ....

idk he's french speaking first right? not that he doesnt know english but it reads to me more like a french person speaking english adding a little 'uhhhhh' moment at the end. i wouldn't read too much into that

edit: not directed at you, more of a general thread/Laf comment

everyone talks about how he needs to put in work and there's this narrative that he isnt working out this offseason as if we can base that opinion off of a few instagram posts of him doing a few non-hockey things here and there. Im sure he's working hard in the gym and working at his game. just because he doesnt post practice clips to social media doesnt mean he isnt doing it

Edited by BlairBettsBlocksEverything

54 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

everyone talks about how he needs to put in work and there's this narrative that he isnt working out this offseason as if we can base that opinion off of a few instagram posts of him doing a few non-hockey things here and there. Im sure he's working hard in the gym and working at his game. just because he doesnt post practice clips to social media doesnt mean he isnt doing it

It was reported earlier in the summer that that Rangers were not happy with his lack of offseason work outs. This isn't just us fans making this up. Sure, we took the ball and ran with it, but this stems from a report from the media.  

• ALEXIS! 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

It was reported earlier in the summer that that Rangers were not happy with his lack of offseason work outs. This isn't just us fans making this up. Sure, we took the ball and ran with it, but this stems from a report from the media.  

On top of his already poor on ice performance and let’s face it guy doesn’t look like he spends much time in the gym 

15 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

idk he's french speaking first right? not that he doesnt know english but it reads to me more like a french person speaking english adding a little 'uhhhhh' moment at the end. i wouldn't read too much into that

edit: not directed at you, more of a general thread/Laf comment

FER SURE!!

19 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

This is the snag in his contract negotiations. Laf wants fresh Tim Hortons maple dip donuts in the locker room, Drury will only go as far as chocolate glazed.

Who would chose Horton’s over Dunkin’ and Crispy Crème?

Hes a donut connoisseur!

It is a little odd that Lafrenière remains unsigned at this point in the summer, but barring something unexpected, the former top overall pick will be back with the Rangers, who have $2.27 million of salary cap space left (per CapFriendly) to accommodate the restricted free agent.

Assuming he agrees to a deal at some point between now and the opening of camp, Lafrenière will come in as the player with the most to prove under Laviolette.

It’s no secret that he hasn’t quite lived up to the billing, putting up 39 points (16 goals, 23 assists) last season and failing to break into a permanent top-six role.

The bridge deal he eventually signs should amount to something of a make-or-break for Lafrenière ever turning into that player, especially given that Laviolette will be his third NHL coach.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/22/the-most-intriguing-rangers-going-into-2023-training-camp/