• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft RW Gabriel Perreault in 1st Round (23rd Pick)

Drew a Penalty

Just now, LindG1000 said:

We stole this kid. He's got some size and skating concerns, but he's so goddamn smart, creative, and talented that you can see that top 6 floor. 

Konecny-like?

Article today in the Boston Globe:

Lexington’s Will Smith, Amherst’s Ryan Leonard, and their former (US National Team) and current linemate Gabe Perreault may not be wearing maroon and gold for much longer. Same goes for sophomore Cutter Gauthier, a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award as the nation’s top player.

They are four of the nation’s top six scorers, with Smith (71 points) leading the way. Gauthier (a nation-best 38 goals and 65 points), Leonard, and Perreault (60 each) have made BC the first team in at least 25 years with four 60-point scorers.

Only nine freshmen in the last quarter-century have scored 60 points. A third of them constitute BC’s first line.

I'm liking this pick!

On 4/12/2024 at 1:51 PM, siddious said:

Why would you destroy his career before it even begins?

Yeah, it clearly destroyed Kreider... With setting career highs in goals and whatnot. 

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

Out of his 300 goals, Zib has assisted on 92, Fox 57, and Panarin 50.

before Fox and Panarin arrived here, Gleider couldnt crack 30 goals.  Stop arguing just for the sake of arguing.  Agree, for a change.  Be the change.  Be the ball.

chevy chase 80s GIF

• TroCheckmark 1

9 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

before Fox and Panarin arrived here, Gleider couldnt crack 30 goals. 

But who fucking cares? The point is that no one's career was "destroyed" by playing with Mika. Kreider went from ~20G per 82 to almost 30 per 82 when Zib got to NY.

You're the one dropping in bullshit bait comments, but you want others to agree for a change? Take your own advice.

Edited by Pete

Just now, Albatrosss said:

oh shit!!!  you're toast

Kreider is really unusual.  He stepped up and had a career year at 30 and then followed it up with better years at 31 and 32 than he had in his prime.

• Applause 1

I think they have been. Obviously not everyone will work out, but I still like who they have been picking. I think Drury has done a nice job so far of keeping the current team good, while re-stocking the farm and ensuring (hopefully) a successful future. We could be seeing one of the best eras in Rangers hockey. 🤞

• Believe 1

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

"We NEVER draft well!!!"

...well, maybe we're getting better these days

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think they have been. Obviously not everyone will work out, but I still like who they have been picking. I think Drury has done a nice job so far of keeping the current team good, while re-stocking the farm and ensuring (hopefully) a successful future. We could be seeing one of the best eras in Rangers hockey. 🤞

Realistically you would expect your first rounders and second rounders to be locks in the NHL in some capacity. Everything else is gravy.

That doesn't mean they will all be high end players, though. When you look at who the Rangers have coming, you could easily see in 2-3 years this team being comprised of: 

Lafreniere 

Miller 

Schneider 

Cullye

Kakko

Perrault

Othmann

Sykora

Maybe even Chytil!

Who were all first or second round picks. Then sprinkle in later rounders like Zac Jones, Edstrom, and Brett Berard... That's half of a 23-man roster and those guys will be sprinkled anywhere from the top lines to the bottom pairs, and we haven't even talked about goalies. 

It's getting really hard to say they don't draft well. And we haven't even gone back to guys they drafted like JT Miller who are now 100 point players. 

What's up for debate is how well they develop guys, but you can see they're trying to remake Hartford.

The present and future are both bright. 

• Bullseye 3
  • Believe 1

Agreed. I feel like the last four or five drafts have been quite good. They were also fortunate to end up with a first overall pick in a year where, normally, they really wouldn't be a lottery team. But, it was something that worked out great for the Rangers. I think they have drafted a good combination of possible future stars as well as good bottom six guys and depth pieces. At the very least, I think they will be more than competitive further down the road, even when Panarin and Mika aren't here, or in the twilight of their careers.

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Realistically you would expect your first rounders and second rounders to be locks in the NHL in some capacity. Everything else is gravy.

That doesn't mean they will all be high end players, though. When you look at who the Rangers have coming, you could easily see in 2-3 years this team being comprised of: 

Lafreniere 

Miller 

Schneider 

Cullye

Kakko

Perrault

Othmann

Sykora

Maybe even Chytil!

Who were all first or second round picks. Then sprinkle in later rounders like Zac Jones, Edstrom, and Brett Berard... That's half of a 23-man roster and those guys will be sprinkled anywhere from the top lines to the bottom pairs, and we haven't even talked about goalies. 

It's getting really hard to say they don't draft well. And we haven't even gone back to guys they drafted like JT Miller who are now 100 point players. 

What's up for debate is how well they develop guys, but you can see they're trying to remake Hartford.

The present and future are both bright. 

Big point there!

I'm learning how to be patient as a fan, which is never easy...especially in the wake of what we've experienced up here with Laff and Kakko just recently.  But I like where we're headed!  All those names listed will also most likely get a boost with new UFA signings, and whatnot!

I think we're going to be in pretty good shape going forward.  The future looks pretty good, and a lot of these guys are getting some really valuable playoff experince at such a young age!

Edited by Ozzy