• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lafreniere 'Hasn't Shown the Level of Dedication to His Offseason Work,'

Phil

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

While I agree with your assessment of why he was moved, Zibanejad may have had a couple with Ottawa. 

https://ottawasun.com/2015/12/04/head-games-senators-andrew-hammond--mika-zibanejad-battling-back-from-concussions

"Zibanejad refused to officially call his injury a concussion, but it's the third time he's had a head issue stemming from neck pain and whiplash. Flyers defenceman Radko Gudas was responsible for the last two."

Maybe he did, I prefer to deal with official diagnosis, and this isn't one, but that's not the reason they moved him.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't think it's at it's lowest yet. Another 18 goal season where he shows that he's not very good at anything in particular, puts him there and that's where I see him going. 

Trade him unsigned so another team can decide his future. He may wind up becoming pretty good. But it won't happen here. I don't see how he turns it around,  unless it's a position change to RW, where the team is that desperate for a body to put in there. 

If he moves to RW and that's the plan for his current future. I'm fine with giving him the opportunity. The 1OA status will always hold some weight.

A new approach is needed for him. LW in the NHL, for the Rangers hasn't gone well. Maybe RW is a better fit. Better players may be able to carry him enough to get him going. There's spots open there. I don't think he looked bad when put there earlier this season.  But Gallant,  Gallanted it. 

Lafrenière dedicated to RW (fuck it, center too)?  I'm in. Otherwise,  I don't see the need to continue with him. 

It's hard to believe his value isn't at its lowest when an article just came out where his own team condemned his work ethic.

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's hard to believe his value isn't at its lowest when an article just came out where his own team condemned his work ethic.

I just think it's going to get worse. The longer he's here, the lower his value gets. Shrug. Ah well. 

25 minutes ago, Kreiders Rider said:

He's talking to me and I'm talking to you. 

What are we talking about? Why has your name changed? What is your Avatar supposed to be? Am I really in danger of being banned? I can't tell if that was some unofficial warning or not. 

• LMFAO 1

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What are we talking about? Why has your name changed? What is your Avatar supposed to be? Am I really in danger of being banned? I can't tell if that was some unofficial warning or not. 

Lmao. It's simply a request. You're not going to get banned for using his avatar. It just fucks with me every time I see. As I'm sure it does with others who've been here a while.

My name changed because I lost to Drew in fantasy hockey.

14 minutes ago, Kreiders Rider said:

Lmao. It's simply a request. You're not going to get banned for using his avatar. It just fucks with me every time I see. As I'm sure it does with others who've been here a while.

My name changed because I lost to Drew in fantasy hockey.

Thanks for the confirmation. 

So, why the hell can't I change my username to "Josh's Mom"?

• LMFAO 1

We can talk all the shit we want about this kid. 

And in either direction I might add.

Bottom line is the facts.

Which are as follows.

He hasn’t lived up to expectations 

His ice time and opportunities have been limited based on what’s in front of him

His work ethic or dedication has been questioned.

His conditioning isn’t where it needs to be.
The circumstances he’s had to operate under are different than what most kids of his ilk encounter.

He’s had not the best in the way of coaching.

His actual production isn’t bad, given his ice time.

The “flashes” he’s shown haven’t been frequent.

His underlying metrics are actually good.

Of the 8-9 things I’ve mentioned, it’s basically an even split, for and against. 

So…..

This kid needs to push himself this off-season and and put himself in the best shape he can. 

That’s the biggest thing.

But I also believe, he could benefit greatly from actual coaching… which he hasn’t had.

I don’t at all believe he’s junk. Or a bust. Or a lazy asshole with an attitude that’s for shit.

I think he came into a situation as a green kid who has kicked the ass of everyone he’s faced for years and needed to figure it out. And he hasn’t gotten what he’s needed to do that.

And he didn’t do enough on his own end either.

Lets just see what happens.

Surely he has read and heard the shit everyone has been saying about him.

Hopefully, all these circumstances and the fact that he’s a bit older and will be on a second contract, that will be a bridge deal, will get him to the right place.

He needs to do more. He needs to work harder. And he also needs coaching and guidance. 

Let’s just see.

He could be a bust.

He could be great. 

This is undecided.

Edited by RangersIn7
  • Like 1
  • Believe 2

2 hours ago, Kreiders Rider said:

Mom's is crossing the line. If you're not sure what that means, try it and find out. 

The Grinch Smiling GIF by The Good Films

It's a joke between me and tJosh hat has been known by most on the boards for a few years. 

Again,  not getting your tone here. 

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s why he left

This is a lie. An absolute farse. It's ridiculous really. 

Me and Josh are practically like brothers. Or really like step dad and step son, because of all of our relations with each other's mothers.

When he was with my mom, I looked up to him for advice. Like a father. When I was with his mom, just pounding away while he was in the other room? I'd tell him to stop bothering us, when he'd knock on the door, or complain that hes hungry...  just as if he were my own kid. 

Josh probably left because you guys never stole his avatar as a homage to him. You never even cared to notice he was gone. You didn't even liked Josh. He used to cry in the other room when I was with his mom. I can only imagine that it was due to all of you not getting to know his mom, as much as I did. That or because he was missing my mom. 

Edited by The Dude
  • LMFAO 1

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This is a lie. An absolute farse. It's ridiculous really. 

Me and Josh are practically like brothers. Or really like step dad and step son, because of all of our relations with each other's mothers.

When he was with my mom, I looked up to him for advice. Like a father. When I was with his mom, just pounding away while he was in the other room? I'd tell him to stop bothering us, when he'd knock on the door, or complain that hes hungr....  just as if he were my own kid. 

Josh probably left because you guys never stole his avatar as a homage to him. You never even cared to notice he was gone. You didn't even liked Josh. He used to cry in the other room when I was with his mom. I can only imagine that it was due to all of you not getting to know his mom, as much as I did. That or because he was missing my mom. 

bored star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

• LMFAO 1