• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECSF: Hurricanes vs. Devils

Ugh?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Devils in 4
    • Devils in 5
    • Devils in 6
    • Devils in 7

19 hours ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Bang on. The difference is the Canes actually have the speed to pressure the Devils. The Rangers dumping the puck is essentially a turnover.

And that they even have a plan and strategy, also the difference. 

• VINNY! 1

I swear...I'm watching the game last night and I can hear all your posts in my head as the Canes are just beating the everloving piss outta this ALMIGHTY Devils team.

All the dick sucking from Ferraro, and how great Schmid is...  MY....ASS!

I'm absolutely LOVING THE SHIT out of watching Rod The Bod execute his magic, boys!!

• Like 1

I don't know what you guys think...but I'm feeling 100% that what we're watching in this series is the direct result of a coach that has a plan!

I really don't give a shit who's to blame anymore....get me a master tactician....I know one that may be available!  😉

I knew this series was going to make me cranky no matter the outcome.  Every series is different with different matchups, scorers get hot/cold, goalies get hot/cold, and there isn't much carry-over from earlier in the playoffs (except for injuries, fatigue, confidence).  Having said that, seeing that the Canes demolished the Devils in the first 2 games, and if are able to win the series in 4 or 5 games, emotionally it just feeds into my WTF reaction to the Rangers failure to advance.  And if the Devils come back and win this series, I'll be annoyed that the Devils will have made it to at least the ECF.  Best if I continue to (mostly) just monitor scores, although it is fun to watch the highlights and see the Devils just get carved up.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I don't know what you guys think...but I'm feeling 100% that what we're watching in this series is the direct result of a coach that has a plan!

I really don't give a shit who's to blame anymore....get me a master tactician....I know one that may be available!  😉

I still blame the Rangers players' effort in Game 5 and 7 as the deciding factor in the series.  Effort and compete have to be playoff-caliber for tactics to matter, and Devils comprehensively outworked the Rangers in Game 5 and 7.  Rangers blew the Devils out in games 1,2, and 6, so I still don't think that the Devils were a superior opponent that we couldn't beat.  It's no secret how to score playoff goals but if your players prefer to play the perimeter game flinging cross-ice passes, you aren't going to have much success.

Coach: Strategy talk.

Players: Yes, we need to do that to win.

On-ice play: Do the same things that haven't been working.

1 hour ago, jsrangers said:

For today Rod went back to the guy GG beat in the 2nd rd. last season. Or is it for the most part his players didn't show up today and as a result most of the game was garbage time?

Anderson got pulled a minute into the second I think after allowing the 4th goal

• Cheers 1

Soft goal given up by Anderson to start game 4.  This may be an old-fashioned home ice series.  My curiosity flyby hoping to see NJ pushed to the brink may not last very long.  Checking the third period score might be a better.

1 hour ago, fletch said:

Soft goal given up by Anderson to start game 4.  This may be an old-fashioned home ice series.  My curiosity flyby hoping to see NJ pushed to the brink may not last very long.  Checking the third period score might be a better.

CAR scores 4 goals in 5 minutes in the 2nd.  5-1 Canes.