• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECSF: Hurricanes vs. Devils

Ugh?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Devils in 4
    • Devils in 5
    • Devils in 6
    • Devils in 7

37 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Or the the Canes have a plan in place to create turnovers and all the players know where to be to support each other, where as the Rangers plan was no plan.

Panarin can’t bury a 3 on 1 against the Devils trash goalie. Martinook snipes over his shoulder with ease from the dot.

• Keeps it 100 1

45 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Martinook 3 goals 9 points in the last 4 games. How far back you gotta go for Panarin the playoff bust?

How long are you gonna drag Panarin into every single thread and ruin the discussion there?

Just wanna know how long I've gotta leave you on ignore. 

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

How the F did the NYR lose to this shitty team? So Fn frustrating seeing the Canes pick them apart 

2 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Starts with S.  Ends with ystem.

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

Or the the Canes have a plan in place to create turnovers and all the players know where to be to support each other, where as the Rangers plan was no plan.

I'm absolutely loving this series.  The MIGHTY Devils, and their Vezina goalies....

Just....

got...

SMOKED!

Brindy getting more shots and bodies to the net....and Bingo!  Rebounds and high danger chances abound!!

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

How long are you gonna drag Panarin into every single thread and ruin the discussion there?

Just wanna know how long I've gotta leave you on ignore. 

For as long as you and the player homers have to drag Gallant and system into every single thread.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

23 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

For as long as you and the player homers have to drag Gallant and system into every single thread.

So you're say Martinook in place of Panarin makes the Rangers win.  Because it didn't have anything to do with coaching and Martinook is the better player.  Even though Panarin has more playoff points than Martinook has playoff games.

If he was the Rangers coach, he'd be fired at the end of the series.  Credit for honesty, though, from Ruff and the players.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/37592827/ruff-blasts-devils-game-4-loss

'Hard one to explain': Ruff blasts Devils after Game 4 loss

"That's a hard one to explain. That's about as poorly we've skated and supported the puck in any game this year," said Ruff..."We had guys that just went rogue...There was no team effort...We didn't make it to a high enough level to win a hockey game tonight."

We got the wind taken out of our sails really bad there in the second period and it was unfortunate," defenseman Damon Severson said. There wasn't any pushback from us. 

"We just stopped playing," captain Nico Hischier said.

Vanecek has been exposed big time in these playoffs. 4 starts and he’s allowed 18 goals across them. Just brutal.

Not getting into the Martinook-Panarin debate going on above. But wow, that was a nice shot from him. Total snipe job.

I didn’t think the Islanders would walk into Raleigh and win Game 5 so I’m not ready to say this is over in 5 just yet. But I am very surprised to see the Devils not build off that early Hughes goal and to see Carolina, who have shown that they can be rattled in road buildings, recover the way they did.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Actually, I'm talking about Galant and relevant threads. You're in a Colorado avalanche thread about Landeskog asking if they want Panarin. Get a grip homie. You're polluting the entire board with your nonsense. 

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Actually, I'm talking about Galant and relevant threads. You're in a Colorado avalanche thread about Landeskog asking if they want Panarin. Get a grip homie. You're polluting the entire board with your nonsense. 

It is relevant. A high priced LW on a good team is going to miss an entire season. A high priced one on ours might be persuaded to go to such a good team. This is the Canes v Devs playoff thread by the way. If you want to talk about Panarin as a logical, potential drop in replacement for Landeskog, you can post in the other thread about Landeskog.

Back on topic: the Devils with a system are showing it’s not just about a system in these first 4 games. Players still need to perform, as they did in G3, and they have disappeared in 3 out of 4 games. Where’s Hischier? Meier? Hamilton?

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

It is relevant. A high priced LW on a good team is going to miss an entire season. A high priced one on ours might be persuaded to go to such a good team. This is the Canes v Devs playoff thread by the way. If you want to talk about Panarin as a logical, potential drop in replacement for Landeskog, you can post in the other thread about Landeskog.

Back on topic: the Devils with a system are showing it’s not just about a system in these first 4 games. Players still need to perform, as they did in G3, and they have disappeared in 3 out of 4 games. Where’s Hischier? Meier? Hamilton?

Bro cut the shit, it's Panarin in every thread. Just give it a rest already. 

Just go make yourself a random irrational hate thread for the guy, and post your musings in there. 

He's not going to Colorado, know how I know? He already turned them down. And if you so terrible in the playoffs then nobody's going to want him, so he's untradable anyway, so we can stop talking about it. 

It's also borderline ridiculous to be in this thread calling out a star player when Carolina is handily beating the devils when they're missing their top three scores.

Could it be that coaching has something to do with it? Probably. 

Edited by Pete

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Bro cut the shit, it's Panarin in every thread. Just give it a rest already. 

Just go make yourself a random irrational hate thread for the guy, and post your musings in there. 

He's not going to Colorado, know how I know? He already turned them down. And if you so terrible in the playoffs then nobody's going to want him, so he's untradable anyway, so we can stop talking about it. 

It's also borderline ridiculous to be in this thread calling out a star player when Carolina is handily beating the devils when they're missing their top three scores.

Could it be that coaching has something to do with it? Probably. 

I made a musing here basically saying Martinook has showed up in a way in this series that we have never seen Panarin in the playoffs, and it's true and on topic. There's like 4 Gallant threads on the main page, but I never heard you whining about all of those.

The narrative has been that the Devils beat the Rangers because they had a good system and apparently the Rangers don't, which is laughable by the way to think an NHL coach with a very good winning % in both the regular season and playoffs in his career doesn't have a system. Well, the Devils "with a good system" are now getting manhandled, not because they don't have a system, but because their players are not executing it anymore. "Well the Canes system is just better!" - ok, and they don't even have a Cup or Finals appearance with coach Brindamour. At a certain point, the coach doesn't matter anymore and it comes down to both roster construction and players executing. "Gallant doesn't have a system and doesn't actually coach" has turned into a supremely lazy take and an embarrassing excuse for the players.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

I made a musing here basically saying Martinook has showed up in a way in this series that we have never seen Panarin in the playoffs, and it's true and on topic. There's like 4 Gallant threads on the main page, but I never heard you whining about all of those.

I didn't make the threads. I don't think we need 4. But there's literally no reason at all to still be dragging Panarin in a thread about the Devils and Canes. It's irrelevant. It's irrelevant in a Colorado thread if you really understood their cap situation. They can't afford Panarin even with Lando on LTIR. If there's a Lando like object, at a similar price range, it's Kreider. But you don't have a personal beef with Kreider, so logic flew out the window there. That's why I keep saying all your takes are personal and not actually about making the team better.

The narrative has been that the Devils beat the Rangers because they had a good system and apparently the Rangers don't, which is laughable by the way to think an NHL coach with a very good winning % in both the regular season and playoffs in his career doesn't have a system. Well, the Devils "with a good system" are now getting manhandled, not because they don't have a system, but because their players are not executing it anymore. "Well the Canes system is just better!" - ok, and they don't even have a Cup or Finals appearance with coach Brindamour. At a certain point, the coach doesn't matter anymore and it comes down to both roster construction and players executing. "Gallant doesn't have a system and doesn't actually coach" has turned into a supremely lazy take and an embarrassing excuse for the players.

What you call a narrative, I call accepted fact.

I'm glad that this is your opinion because it flies in the face of everything the media and talking heads are saying. So I feel pretty good about my opinion, based on the fact the GG got axed.

When Panarin gets traded you can feel good about yours.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I didn't make the threads. I don't think we need 4. But there's literally no reason at all to still be dragging Panarin in a thread about the Devils and Canes. It's irrelevant. It's irrelevant in a Colorado thread if you really understood their cap situation. They can't afford Panarin even with Lando on LTIR. If there's a Lando like object, at a similar price range, it's Kreider. But you don't have a personal beef with Kreider, so logic flew out the window there. That's why I keep saying all your takes are personal and not actually about making the team better.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Colorado and Landeskog. There's a thread for that.

I'm keeping this about the Devils/Canes/coaching/players and the contrasts I see with the Rangers since, IDK, this is a Rangers board.

I'm glad that this is your opinion because it flies in the face of everything the media and talking heads are saying. So I feel pretty good about my opinion, based on the fact the GG got axed.

Oh really? This fact claim sounds like something you need to provide sources for. Do they also think he took a brand new Vegas team with no experience together to the Finals without a system? He just told them to go play? Link me to all of these sources. I'm far from a Gallant apologist, and maybe he's not right for this particular group of players, but it's clear certain players don't buy into playing the way the game needs to be played during this time of year. When those players includes the "top player" on the team, it trickles down and becomes cancerous.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

To be fair, it’s apples to oranges with firing a coach and trading a player

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'm keeping this about the Devils/Canes/coaching/players and the contrasts I see with the Rangers since, IDK, this is a Rangers board.

Oh really? This fact claim sounds like something you need to provide sources for. Do they also think he took a brand new Vegas team with no experience together to the Finals without a system? He just told them to go play? Link me to all of these sources. I'm far from a Gallant apologist, and maybe he's not right for this particular group of players, but it's clear certain players don't buy into playing the way the game needs to be played during this time of year. When those players includes the "top player" on the team, it trickles down and becomes cancerous.

I don't need to provide sources for every single quote from the media saying "he didn't make adjustments fast enough", which was what I was referencing.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Colorado and Landeskog. There's a thread for that.

At this point, you are not interested in honest debate, so I'm not going to waste my time.