• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECSF: Hurricanes vs. Devils

Ugh?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Devils in 4
    • Devils in 5
    • Devils in 6
    • Devils in 7

30 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Oh look. The Devils are losing Game 1 by a score of 5-1. Where have I seen this before?

The Devils have never won a series after eliminating the Rangers. Probably because their fanbase has it instilled in the players heads that beating us is the equivalent to winning the Cup because they all drop acid and fuck animals in the streets after our series concludes.

I've driven in New Jersey.  I wouldn't exactly call them streets.

Let's see if the Devils make a series of it. My prediction is they will win a game or two but Carolina will shut it down after. 

Still can't believe we couldn't beat these twats after outscoring them 10-2 in the first two. One of the most spineless Rangers teams I can recall. I hope it at least leads to some positive change but this team needs a major overhaul imo

Edited by Myusername
  • Keeps it 100 1

11 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

I'm going with a Canes sweep.  On a side note, that will make the Rangers series loss look even worse.

11 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Gee look, someone figured out you have to shoot the puck at Schmid.  BRILLIANT!

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

To add to our embarrassment I'm totally expecting this to be over in four or games with the Devils losing handily in each of them. lol

It's only one game, fellas....but I feel the same way.   I posted it in the Gallant thread, but how "strange" is it to see what Brind'Amor did with his forechecking "system"??

1 fucking shot on goal in the first period!!!  LOL

Game hangover, my ass.   Yeah the Devils lost the first 2 to us, and then came back....that shit ain't happenin' against Brind'Amor or this Canes team!  This isn't Mr. "go play harder"!

The Canes have so many ex-Rangers, I actually feel like I'm still rooting for us!!!  ...albeit 6 years ago!!!   LOL 

• Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'd rather have Skjei than Trouba at this point. 😝

That was a blast from the past he had last night!!!  I couldn't help but jump outta my seat for that one!!!

On 5/4/2023 at 2:33 PM, Ozzy said:

Yeah the Devils lost the first 2 to us, and then came back....that shit ain't happenin' against Brind'Amor or this Canes team!  This isn't Mr. "go play harder"!

Mr. "Go play harder" actually came back from 0-2 down against Rod's team in last years playoffs 😉

I hope you're right tho, because I have a bad feeling Devils gonna win the entire thing if they beat Canes here.

11 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Mr. "Go play harder" actually came back from 0-2 down against Rod's team in last years playoffs 😉

I hope you're right tho, because I have a bad feeling Devils gonna win the entire thing if they beat Canes here.

.....👎

.....but I don't disagree.

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Devils look very susceptible to a heavy forecheck.  We even had a few shifts where we had them reeling when the kids were on them a little bit.  The Canes are relentless, and are basically snuffing out anything their defense is trying to do to move the puck.

Their defense seems to have their back to the play on every dump in.  Tough to make plays that way!  They did that shit to us!  But the Canes won't give them the chance!

I think this is the end of the line for the Devils.  I'll give them maybe one win in this...by accident! 

• Keeps it 100 1

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Devils look very susceptible to a heavy forecheck.  We even had a few shifts where we had them reeling when the kids were on them a little bit.  The Canes are relentless, and are basically snuffing out anything their defense is trying to do to move the puck.

Their defense seems to have their back to the play on every dump in.  Tough to make plays that way!  They did that shit to us!  But the Canes won't give them the chance!

I think this is the end of the line for the Devils.  I'll give them maybe one win in this...by accident! 

Bang on. The difference is the Canes actually have the speed to pressure the Devils. The Rangers dumping the puck is essentially a turnover.

• Keeps it 100 2

2 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Bang on. The difference is the Canes actually have the speed to pressure the Devils. The Rangers dumping the puck is essentially a turnover.

It's easier now for me to see where we failed against these guys, Morph.  I gotta admit though, I'm loving how Brind'Amor is dispatching his match-ups!  He's getting a ton out of this Cane's team!