• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECSF: Hurricanes vs. Devils

Ugh?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Devils in 4
    • Devils in 5
    • Devils in 6
    • Devils in 7

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't need to provide sources for every single quote from the media saying "he didn't make adjustments fast enough", which was what I was referencing.

At this point, you are not interested in honest debate, so I'm not going to waste my time.

Sure Jan GIF

2 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

It means it’s a lot easier to fire a coach than trade a player.  

Of course. And we know Panarin is as close to untradeable as it gets. But we still have to hear about it in every thread.

4 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Colorado and Landeskog. There's a thread for that.

I'm keeping this about the Devils/Canes/coaching/players and the contrasts I see with the Rangers since, IDK, this is a Rangers board.

Oh really? This fact claim sounds like something you need to provide sources for. Do they also think he took a brand new Vegas team with no experience together to the Finals without a system? He just told them to go play? Link me to all of these sources. I'm far from a Gallant apologist, and maybe he's not right for this particular group of players, but it's clear certain players don't buy into playing the way the game needs to be played during this time of year. When those players includes the "top player" on the team, it trickles down and becomes cancerous.

So let me ask you this.  What is the difference between the 2022 playoff run and the 2023 playoffs?  Seems like the players can play the way the game needs to be played based on 2022.  Also, seems like Gallant had no idea how to counter the Devils after Ruff made adjustments going into game 3.  Your argument is essentially being Gallant in every post-game presser,

"The players need to try harder." 

"Okay coach, how?"

"Just try harder."

29 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

So let me ask you this.  What is the difference between the 2022 playoff run and the 2023 playoffs?  Seems like the players can play the way the game needs to be played based on 2022.  Also, seems like Gallant had no idea how to counter the Devils after Ruff made adjustments going into game 3.  Your argument is essentially being Gallant in every post-game presser,

"Okay coach, how?"

"Just try harder."

so you're agreeing its the players and not the coach. 

2 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Seems like the players can play the way the game needs to be played based on 2022.

I don't know if I would say that. They would have got bounced in the first round if Trouba didn't elbow Crosby. 

They're probably out in the second if Jarvis isn't injured and Carolina's goalies don't get hurt.

This is why I keep saying it goes back to the coach, their success last year was largely smoke mirrors in the playoffs. They were exceptionally lucky. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I don't know if I would say that. They would have got bounced in the first round if Trouba didn't elbow Crosby. 

They're probably out in the second if Jarvis isn't injured and Carolina's goalies don't get hurt.

This is why I keep saying it goes back to the coach, their success last year was largely smoke mirrors in the playoffs. They were exceptionally lucky. 

I explained it shittily, but my point is we've seen the players battle through long 7 game series.  

38 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I explained it shittily, but my point is we've seen the players battle through long 7 game series.  

Yes, noted that they weren't a complete no-show as they were in several games versus the Devils. 

4 hours ago, Long live the King said:

"Okay coach, how?"

"Just try harder."

Different rosters, different matchups, Crosby got injured, Zibanejad went on a heater before it was too late, Gallant had a good game plan, and a lot of variance. Game 7s are a coin flip and they won two of them. This year they lost one. If Panarin showed up last year, the Rangers are in the Cup finals. If Panarin showed up this year, it's probably a 1st round sweep.

Now let me ask you this. The Rangers went down 2-0 to the Hurricanes and Rod the bod, who everyone appreciates as a great coach, and they came back to win. Gallant didn't have a system or make adjustments in that series to win? The boys just went out for a skate and beat a top-notch coached team 4 out of 5? And now this year they lost because he didn't have a system or make adjustments? It can't possibly be the roster, or because Panarin had 0 goals and Zibanejad had 1?

Panarin is 0 for 3 in playoff play for the Rangers. He was junk in the play-in against Carolina too.

• Bullseye 1

19 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Different rosters, different matchups, Crosby got injured, Zibanejad went on a heater before it was too late, Gallant had a good game plan, and a lot of variance. Game 7s are a coin flip and they won two of them. This year they lost one. If Panarin showed up last year, the Rangers are in the Cup finals. If Panarin showed up this year, it's probably a 1st round sweep.

Now let me ask you this. The Rangers went down 2-0 to the Hurricanes and Rod the bod, who everyone appreciates as a great coach, and they came back to win. Gallant didn't have a system or make adjustments in that series to win? The boys just went out for a skate and beat a top-notch coached team 4 out of 5? And now this year they lost because he didn't have a system or make adjustments? It can't possibly be the roster, or because Panarin had 0 goals and Zibanejad had 1?

Panarin is 0 for 3 in playoff play for the Rangers. He was junk in the play-in against Carolina too.

And yet they don't even make the playoffs any year without him.

Instead of singing the third lines praises, maybe you should be asking why they couldn't bother to do anything getting favorable matchups, instead of constantly whining about the guy who takes all the defensive attention off of them because he's going up against the other team's top defenses every night. 

Because frankly you can replace "Panarin" with any of them in your paragraph above and it would still make it accurate. 

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

And yet they don't even make the playoffs any year without him.

Instead of singing the third lines praises, maybe you should be asking why they couldn't bother to do anything getting favorable matchups, instead of constantly whining about the guy who takes all the defensive attention off of them because he's going up against the other team's top defenses every night. 

Because frankly you can replace "Panarin" with any of them in your paragraph above and it would still make it accurate. 

I don't believe the first sentence at all. That's just something being said because there's no good counter for him stinking in the playoffs. I think they are easily a playoff team with the rest of this core and $12M spent elsewhere. At one point or another, the other guys making up the core have proven they can play well in the playoffs. Panarin has not. Your post just amounts to a whole lot of excuses for a $12M player mixed with a weird strawman argument about singing 3rd line praises when nobody did that. You basically conjured up the easiest fake position that nobody has taken and attributed it to me. I'm not sure why other than you just wanted to have the feeling of being right about something today. Yeah, the third line stunk. They also made a combined $5.5M this year and had fewer combined PP minutes in the playoff series this year than Panarin had by himself. 30 PP minutes and 1 very uninvolved secondary PP assist. Neat. Chytil stunk and he still doubled up Panarin's point total 🤣 There's an off season thread somewhere around here if you want to discuss Panarin versus 3rd line contributions further.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • LMFAO 1
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 1

7 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don't believe the first sentence at all. That's just something being said because there's no good counter for him stinking in the playoffs. I think they are easily a playoff team with the rest of this core and $12M spent elsewhere. At one point or another, the other guys making up the core have proven they can play well in the playoffs. Panarin has not. Your post just amounts to a whole lot of excuses for a $12M player mixed with a weird strawman argument about singing 3rd line praises when nobody did that. You basically conjured up the easiest fake position that nobody has taken and attributed it to me. I'm not sure why other than you just wanted to have the feeling of being right about something today. Yeah, the third line stunk. They also made a combined $5.5M this year and had fewer combined PP minutes in the playoff series this year than Panarin had by himself. 30 PP minutes and 1 very uninvolved secondary PP assist. Neat. Chytil stunk and he still doubled up Panarin's point total 🤣 There's an off season thread somewhere around here if you want to discuss Panarin versus 3rd line contributions further.

This is all just argumentative, points that can easily be poked and popped, but yea its not the right thread. 

Edited by Pete