• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rep Bet: Call the Date Gallant Is Fired

Lol its just more tone deaf nonsense from the turtle. Nobody gives a fuck about your regular season where we made the playoffs. You're gonna get fired because you lost two series in a row in the exact same manner to two different teams. So, yeah, you have to answer these questions. You squandered the most talented roster in team history on the new jersey devils. 

the only question I'd ask is why you still even want this job GG, because it's not gonna get easier for you. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Some of the quotes from the players are pretty big indictments.

Trouba "Players like playing for him".

Goodrow "He lets you do your thing".

Nothing about "I know my role and what's expected of me".

Trouba's response was very telling. That generic statement was the best he could come up with after a painfully long pause lol 

• LOL 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Karan said:

Trouba's response was very telling. That generic statement was the best he could come up with after a painfully long pause lol 

Yea. It's not damning, but it's not good LOL.

Day before SC finals begin. 

They lose out on Laviolette.  

I want no part of Q.  No sideshow stuff with such a sensitive issue. 

They will wind up poaching some assistant from Tampa or Colorado and let the players continue to run the show. 

5 hours ago, Bieser said:

I can't believe we blew a 2-0 series lead twice.  Scoring 2 goals this year in 4 loses and looking downright disinterested at times.    Disappointing.  

At the NHL level, it should not be the coaches job to motivate his players. If they can't get themselves up for a playoff series against the Devils, then being disinterested is on them. But having said that, you can't fire the team.

He should be fired yesterday. Watching dev car game now. Car is reaping shcmid a new one right now. He is utter crap. Has got 2 shutouts on us. Yeah right, next Dryden. Car is totally controlling dev speed. Very systematic team. Tell me it’s not coaching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

They will wind up poaching some assistant from Tampa or Colorado and let the players continue to run the show. 

And that's a big problem. They've been hiring and firing coaches forever, and they never seem to get it right. Maybe it's time to look at how some of these other teams look in the playoffs, and use them as a road-map.

3 minutes ago, Art20c said:

He should be fired yesterday. Watching dev car game now. Car is reaping shcmid a new one right now. He is utter crap. Has got 2 shutouts on us. Yeah right, next Dryden. Car is totally controlling dev speed. Very systematic team. Tell me it’s not coaching. 

It's always coaching. Yet the new coach comes in and has to coach the same type of player, they get bounced and we need a new coach.

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

Oh god, please no. lol They need a coach.

Three years of Quinn and two of Gallant was more than enough.  They are ready for that next step, they need someone who can take them there. Quinn was a bad hire, and hiring an assistant coach for a Colorado or Tampa Bay is something they should have done instead of hiring him. It's much too late for that now. Bring in a respected head coach.

• Bullseye 1

I know it's just the first game, but what a fucking world of difference Rod Brind'Amor's forechecking system did last night against those world beating Devils!!!

Snuffed 'em out up and down the ice!

His players played their roles, and it didn't matter that they had 3 of their "best" players on the shelf.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching him dissect the Devil's with that relentless forecheck!  Seemed like Carolina had 15 guys on the ice at times!

...if only there was a coach available that could implement a system like this.....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• Applause 1

8 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

You're all gonna be disappointed when GG is here to start the next season.

I think he gets fired around February next year when we're struggling to make the playoffs.

Zuuuc man, I'll be shocked if Gallant isn't gone before the playoffs end!  ...and you're right my man!  I'll be more than disappointed!

I'm waiting to see what Carolina does with NJ, and last night was a shining example of what a team can do when they play with a disciplined system...under a coach that demands it.  What I saw last night in that Game 1 was an absolutely awesome effort from a team that "knows it's role!".

That Canes team may not have had the firepower to take out a team like Boston, but they don't have to worry about that any longer.  They are tailor made to give the Devils fits though!

I just keep getting the feeling something was going on behind the scenes that we don't know yet.  It'll come out one day, and this whole cluster-fuck will make some sense...because what we watched was a fucking shit show those last 5 games!

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Zuuuc man, I'll be shocked if Gallant isn't gone before the playoffs end!  ...and you're right my man!  I'll be more than disappointed!

I'm waiting to see what Carolina does with NJ, and last night was a shining example of what a team can do when they play with a disciplined system...under a coach that demands it.  What I saw last night in that Game 1 was an absolutely awesome effort from a team that "knows it's role!".

That Canes team may not have had the firepower to take out a team like Boston, but they don't have to worry about that any longer.  They are tailor made to give the Devils fits though!

I just feel that it's a too big of a gamble from Drury to fire him at this point. I see the reasons for it, and I agree to some extent, but if Drury fires him now and we don't improve next season then his head would be next on the chopping block. I think the safer option is to stick with Gallant and fire him the next time things go south.

And judging by GG's history things are going to get worse next season.

So I think he'll stick with GG, we gonna start the season the same way as this one, but we're not gonna go on the same "post helmet" run that we did and things are gonna look scary come Jan-Feb, and that's when he gets fired.

21 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

You're all gonna be disappointed when GG is here to start the next season.

I think he gets fired around February next year when we're struggling to make the playoffs.

That's basically throwing a season away. 

If the front office has any doubts about GG now, they have to pull the trigger now - not in December after going 13-13-4 to start the season. 

• Bullseye 1

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I didn't watch the game so I can't speak too much about that, but don't forget that we won both the first two games 5-1 as well.

It will be interesting to see if Devils is a team that just needs a few games to adapt to the opponent, or if it actually was Lindy outcoaching GG after game 2.

Will we say the same things about Brind'amour if Devils comes back and wins this series now?

1 minute ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

That's basically throwing a season away. 

If the front office has any doubts about GG now, they have to pull the trigger now - not in December after going 13-13-4 to start the season. 

Yeah, kinda. The season can still be salvaged and we've seen teams win the Cup after changing coach mid-season before.

Again - I'm not advocating for this approach, I just have a feeling this is what's going to happen. Hopefully I'm wrong lol.

• Cheers 1

Yeah, I can't see them wasting a season while the Igor window is still open. 

After reading some of the posts the guys put up about some shit going on behind the scenes, or some shouting match in the locker room, apparently all isn't too well with the powers that be, whether it's Drury and Gallant or something else.

I think we cut this off right now, jump all over JQ like spots on a Dalmatian, and then add the pieces JQ feels we need to make a run at the Holy Grail next season.

• Like 1
  • Believe 1