• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rep Bet: Call the Date Gallant Is Fired

24 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

That wouldnt matter since he's signed through 2025.

He'll be fired the day after break up day, after all player interviews are done.  

00 I thought he has one more year. Left my bad my point being I can see him sticking around for at least another season. I hope I’m wrong.

This is going to depend on what Q's status is IMO. I don't think Drury lets go of Gallant for a no name hire. He's going to have to know whether he's got Q for sure, and you can only wait so long to make that change so 1) Q has a say on things before the draft and free agency, and 2) treating Gallant with the respect he has earned to not be strung along.

• Cheers 2
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 hours ago, Pete said:

It's definitely going to be Friday at the end of the day, they'll try and sneak it in while everyone's enjoying a Corona and taco while they appropriate culture. 

This. 5pm news dump, Friday.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

This is going to depend on what Q's status is IMO. I don't think Drury lets go of Gallant for a no name hire. He's going to have to know whether he's got Q for sure, and you can only wait so long to make that change so 1) Q has a say on things before the draft and free agency, and 2) treating Gallant with the respect he has earned to not be strung along.

Mostly this, but two things:

1. I think the Rangers will have a very good idea of whether things stand on Q — none of it public.

2. It won't be about treating him with respect because they don't want to string him along, but because they won't want him to have to get dragged by the media cycle all week.

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

Mostly this, but two things:

1. I think the Rangers will have a very good idea of whether things stand on Q — none of it public.

2. It won't be about treating him with respect because they don't want to string him along, but because they won't want him to have to get dragged by the media cycle all week.

Probably. It seems just as likely they would know he isn't being reinstated or doesn't even want to coach again, versus being reinstated and wanting to coach...for the Rangers. I mean it has to be a slam dunk. Drury would look ridiculous firing Gallant and being left with his dick in his hand if Q went elsewhere.

Q or no Q - there's no chance they hold onto gallant. none.

i think we're forgetting that there was a good few weeks in the first half of the season when it looked like GG could be gone - this team didn't just start looking abysmal in the first round against the devils.

hopefully drury has a good lay of the land on replacement possibilities, including Q, since he HAD to have started considering options earlier in the season.

Edited by Jdog99

If anything things should be moving at warp speed now....just b/c if Q is Option A, and Laviolette is Option 1A.....Gotta know where Q and the NHL stands on Q in the next couple of days, if its a no go, then Laviolette probably becomes Option A immediately.....It would suck wait for the NHL and Q for a couple of weeks, and then Laviolette signs somewhere else.  

These things tend to happen not too long following a season ending. If they need to wait on Quenneville, if that’s their guy, perhaps longer. But if they’re going to go through an interview process, I’d say sooner than later. If they’re going to fire him I would imagine by Friday.

Some of the quotes from the players are pretty big indictments.

Trouba "Players like playing for him".

Goodrow "He lets you do your thing".

Nothing about "I know my role and what's expected of me".

Edited by Pete

30 minutes ago, Bieser said:

I can't believe we blew a 2-0 series lead twice.  Scoring 2 goals this year in 4 loses and looking downright disinterested at times.    Disappointing.  

"I get credit for all the good things we did, but don't blame me because we fell short."