• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rep Bet: Call the Date Gallant Is Fired

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

I might think that if I only read the quote and didn't see the product.

Possibly. But I still think that Goodrow meant it in a complimentary way. We are the ones trying to read it differently. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Possibly. But I still think that Goodrow meant it in a complimentary way. We are the ones trying to read it differently. 

If the best thing you can say about your boss is that he lets you do whatever you want, then that's not a great boss when you see the department is failing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

What's there to respond?  He doesnt coach.  Goodrow said it

Goodrow "He lets you do your thing".

Players like him b/c he just lets them play their game.  

41 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Let’s be honest here though. That quote doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t coach. It could easily mean that he doesn’t try to force you to be a player you’re not. 

This is more or less what I meant.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

If the best thing you can say about your boss is that he lets you do whatever you want, then that's not a great boss when you see the department is failing.

True, but I’m not sure how that is relevant here. We are extrapolating way too much out of an exit interview. 
semi finals last year. Playoffs this year. Two straight 100 point seasons. And for Goodrow personally, his best two point seasons of his career. I’m not sure his comment is meant anything other than “he doesn’t force you to be the player you aren’t.”

Look, I’d like a different direction as well. But I’m not goi g to take Goodrows comments to be any more than exactly what they are. 

8 minutes ago, Keirik said:

True, but I’m not sure how that is relevant here. We are extrapolating way too much out of an exit interview. 
semi finals last year. Playoffs this year. Two straight 100 point seasons. And for Goodrow personally, his best two point seasons of his career. I’m not sure his comment is meant anything other than “he doesn’t force you to be the player you aren’t.”

Look, I’d like a different direction as well. But I’m not goi g to take Goodrows comments to be any more than exactly what they are. 

I'm sure Goodrow loves the style, but that doesn't make it good for the team.

But looking back I can see you're responding to someone who said the players don't like him. I don't think that's the case. But you can like your boss even though they aren't qualified to run your department.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

But looking back I can see you're responding to someone who said the players don't like him. I don't think that's the case. But you can like your boss even though they aren't qualified to run your department.

Nail hit on head.

Going to work and having it easy with a fun boss you can joke around with is great. You do your work, they don't give you a hard time...... However when the business says, why haven't you increased production and made progress?? The answer is because status quo was fun and acceptable.

I know some don't like comparing sports to regular day jobs but in this instance I think it fits. Time for a tough love boss who would stand up for the squad undoubtedly but has high expectations for all and holds them accountable. The next step needs to be taken.

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah, I'm not arguing anything that you are saying. I'm just saying that Goodrows quote really cant be extrapolated to think the intention of his words were meant negatively.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, I'm not arguing anything that you are saying. I'm just saying that Goodrows quote really cant be extrapolated to think the intention of his words were meant negatively.  

Same. Want my password so you can just post from my account too?

I think they will pursue Q, I still think there's plenty of blame that falls on all sides. I think the combined hockey IQ of this group is low.  Over passing, passing up shots, dumping and retreating constantly, losing puck battles, being on the wrong side of the puck, playing without heart, refusing to get the puck towards the net. I don't think any coach can fix all those things, or even enough of them to get to the promised land.

I think the roster has too many flaws, I think the Rangers approach is destined to fail as a org. Cap management, roster construction, drafting, their belief that a roster with a bunch of all-stars makes them a serious cup contender.  They're soft, they're slow, easy to play against minus the occasional Trouba hit and helmet tossing. They show very little passion and heart.  GG at least can't be accused of that behind the bench.

Watching the other playoff series in addition to getting walked by the Devils in game 7, the other series are being played at a much higher speed and compete level.  

They are constructed to have good regular seasons. Personally I don't believe there's a coach/system out there to bridge all the gaps and compensate for the areas where I think they fall short.  I mean there hasn't been one since 94 and even then only once in what 85 years so I'm not going out on a limb here.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2