• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF #2: Rangers @ New Jersey Devils — Hellwalker

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think there's some merit to the argument about the team "coasting" through the regular season. I think it's @Sharpshooter that's been mentioning it a few times the last few days, but you can just feel that this team didn't bother too much about the regular season and just wanted to revenge last years playoffs exit. They showed flashes during the regular season when needed and reserved energy when they could.

Shesty, Fox, Kreids, Goodrow, Panarin, Kane, Tarasenko all seem to have found another level during the first two games here. They're also working a lot better as a team, back-checking hard, blocking shots like crazy and standing up for each other. We didn't see that too much during the regular season, but we knew they had in them.

We all know what happened the last time this team was up 2-0 in a playoff series and there's still a looong way to go, but this team and this year just feels special.

Panarin was the best player on the ice last night and he didn't even get on the scoresheet. 

8 hours ago, phillyb said:

I know it’s just a knee-jerk reaction but the officiating of this sport is so inconsistent which makes appreciating the whole league very difficult. 

With more and more gambling in the NHL, I’m not sure how much more of this bullshit I can take. 

Hot take: the NHL is probably the most consistently called league in major pro sports.

• Keeps it 100 1

Exciting and frustrating at the same time. On the one hand, another dominant win and we're going back to the Garden! On the other, I've avoided watching the past 2 games, and we won them both. So help me, if they win the cup and I have to miss every damn playoff game..........

• Believe 1

Just now, RangerDanger said:

Exciting and frustrating at the same time. On the one hand, another dominant win and we're going back to the Garden! On the other, I've avoided watching the past 2 games, and we won them both. So help me, if they win the cup and I have to miss every damn playoff game..........

But you'll do it ... because you're a team player!

• LMFAO 2

3 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

You got no choice at this point. Can't watch a second of the playoffs before they lose a game.

• Bullseye 1

9 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

Just do it 

The ultimate sacrifice 

• Bullseye 1

8 hours ago, phillyb said:

I know it’s just a knee-jerk reaction but the officiating of this sport is so inconsistent which makes appreciating the whole league very difficult. 

With more and more gambling in the NHL, I’m not sure how much more of this bullshit I can take. 

They aren't there to ref, they're there to control. They should be called controllers

When you think about it, with all the money to be made on just one game in a series (advertising, tickets, concessions, parking, gambling, etc), it's not hard to understand why we're not seeing a whole lot of 4 game sweeps anymore. Four game sweeps are down, in game soap opera's are up.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

The ejections are really bad. Game misconducts add up and can earn a player a suspension. I don't know if the regular season carries over to the playoffs,  but I believe the magic number is 3 gamers in a season earns you a suspension. It may vary on certain infractions like boarding and such. 

Giving players misconducts for roughing is irresponsible and lazy. Do your job and control the game. 

I thought they were 10-minute misconducts, not game misconducts. They just served that purpose for the refs as they came with 6 minutes and change.

How fucking sweet is it to wake up this morning and think about being up 2-0 against these punks.....AND IT WASN'T A DREAM!!!

This shit is for real, Virginia!!!

There may be no Santa Claus, ....but we have a Tank and Patty Kane at full tilt, BABY!!!!!

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

How fucking sweet is it to wake up this morning and think about being up 2-0 against these punks.....AND IT WASN'T A DREAM!!!

This shit is for real, Virginia!!!

There may be no Santa Claus, ....but we have a Tank and Patty Kane at full tilt, BABY!!!!!

I knew we weren’t losing when all the loser devil fans were mock chanting Igor’s name after scoring once on him once in 2 games (I’m not counting that bs penalty shot goal).  

Pathetic. 

• Keeps it 100 1

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

The ejections are really bad. Game misconducts add up and can earn a player a suspension. I don't know if the regular season carries over to the playoffs,  but I believe the magic number is 3 gamers in a season earns you a suspension. It may vary on certain infractions like boarding and such. 

Giving players misconducts for roughing is irresponsible and lazy. Do your job and control the game. 

They did control the game.  It was a blowout.  The Devils would've been taking cheap shots for the last 6 minutes otherwise.  We don't need injuries from dirty plays.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

I knew we weren’t losing when all the loser devil fans were mock chanting Igor’s name after scoring once on him once in 2 games (I’m not counting that bs penalty shot goal).  

Pathetic. 

Team looks fucking great!!!....I can't believe this is the same team we've been watching for the last 2 months! 

• Back checking like crazy
  • Getting pucks in deep
  • Finishing players along the boards
  • Blocking shots like their lives depended on it
  • Clearing the crease so Igor can see shots
  • ...and most of all, SHOOTING THE PUCK!

I should know better!  The regular season really never meant dick!  ...Just "Get In!" 
The Isles coasted a lot during their dynasty years during the season, but when the playoffs came, they put the hammer down, hard!

11 minutes ago, siddious said:

Pathetic. 

Once again the Igor's Better chants were dumb but not for the same reason as vs. TB.....It was dumb b/c no fucking shit that Igor is better than Vanecek.  

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Once again the Igor's Better chants were dumb but not for the same reason as vs. TB.....It was dumb b/c no fucking shit that Igor is better than Vanecek.  

Yea that was dumb too 

I texted a friend asking who that was directed towards cuz it’s not even a competition there 

16 minutes ago, siddious said:

Pathetic. 

Haula's celly was pathetic too, dude celebrated like he just scored the GWG in Game 7 of the Final.