• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #77] Rangers at Washington Capitals — Hangover Hockey

MIller, Lafreniere and Kakko set the pace and the team followed.  Don't mind seeing that at all.

I wish Lafreniere was not the #1OA because I really like the way he plays from any other perspective.

Pretty sure if we had Ovechkin who absolutely plays with an edge and sometimes over it we would want a Wilson to do exactly what he did. Anybody that sits here and says that wouldn't want Ovechkin is full of shit and we tried and got the flea market version of Wilson in Reaves (he couldn't play the game) after Wilson wreck Panarin long time. 

Fuck the caps - sure, ABSOLUTELY,  but to act like it's a surprise Wilson would be Ovechkin's wing man at this point after it being that way for so many years is a little strange. Ovechkin is one of the only pure goal scorers who plays a heavy game night in and night out and sometimes over the line. 

Didn't catch the whole game but nice win!

Edited by jsrangers

16 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

They aren't very good, he's not a kid and they might want to see what they can get for him.

All true, time will tell. You asked I answered with my opinion, anything can happen, I guess. Not sure the last time a guy at his level with that much left in the tank and term on his contract has gotten traded especially with the cap hit and M-NTC (which I believe only eliminates 10 teams). He has stated he doesn't want to go through a rebuild which would seem to limit teams he would be open to. If it's a rebuild scenario my guess is he would stay where he's at where he's essentially part of the management team. 

15 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Pretty sure if we had Ovechkin who absolutely plays with an edge and sometimes over it we would want a Wilson to do exactly what he did. Anybody that sits here and says that wouldn't want Ovechkin is full of shit and we tried and got the flea market version of Wilson in Reaves (he couldn't play the game) after Wilson wreck Panarin long time. 

Fuck the caps - sure, ABSOLUTELY,  but to act like it's a surprise Wilson would be Ovechkin's wing man at this point after it being that way for so many years is a little strange. Ovechkin is one of the only pure goal scorers who plays a heavy game night in and night out and sometimes over the line. 

Didn't catch the whole game but nice win!

Not surprised Wilson jumped in.  But Ovi is a pussy.  Plays dirty and takes cheap shots throughout his career.  I absolutely wouldn't want him, Wilson, or Crosby on the Rangers.  'Cause fuck them all.

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

46 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

Not surprised Wilson jumped in.  But Ovi is a pussy.  Plays dirty and takes cheap shots throughout his career.  I absolutely wouldn't want him, Wilson, or Crosby on the Rangers.  'Cause fuck them all.

I missed todays game, but I have never seen before that Ovechkin played dirty and took cheap shots.. ever.

was there something different today?

• Like 1

Can’t believe I missed my first game of the season, for some reason I thought it was a 5pm start and was in the car the entire time.

Sounds from the posts here we showed up with a full effort which is good to read. That and the kid line is still our most consistent weapon, love it. 

LGR!

10 minutes ago, Rangers said:

I missed todays game, but I have never seen before that Ovechkin played dirty and took cheap shots.. ever.

was there something different today?

Watch the replay. Don't agree Ovi doesn't play dirty but even assuming he doesn't today was pretty bad. Euro hockey. Stick fouls, elbows etc etc

• Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, mbob said:

Can’t believe I missed my first game of the season, for some reason I thought it was a 5pm start and was in the car the entire time.

Sounds from the posts here we showed up with a full effort which is good to read. That and the kid line is still our most consistent weapon, love it. 

LGR!

the only reason that has never happened to me is because I have the rangers schedule on my ical and I get a notification an hour before the game 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

MIller, Lafreniere and Kakko set the pace and the team followed.  Don't mind seeing that at all.

I wish Lafreniere was not the #1OA because I really like the way he plays from any other perspective.

Laf has looked noticeably quicker on his feet since some time in early February time frame. He’s not fast, but he has moments where he shows much more pep in his skating than he did the first half of the year. Enough pep to be a great player in this league. I don’t know where it came from, or if he changed up diet/workout/etc midseason. If he hasn’t done anything and it’s now just “there”, I’d be baffled. Either way, it has given me hope that an offseason of dedicated training will see a very good player on the other side. 

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, jsrangers said:

All true, time will tell. You asked I answered with my opinion, anything can happen, I guess. Not sure the last time a guy at his level with that much left in the tank and term on his contract has gotten traded especially with the cap hit and M-NTC (which I believe only eliminates 10 teams). He has stated he doesn't want to go through a rebuild which would seem to limit teams he would be open to. If it's a rebuild scenario my guess is he would stay where he's at where he's essentially part of the management team. 

I wasn't knocking you, I appreciated the original response. In fact, you're probably right. Among other things, he's a fan favorite. I met him while working in the electronics dept at Target (it sucked) in Virginia. He was buying a camcorder, and when I asked him cash or credit, he said cash, always pay cash. I've never forgotten that. He gave me an economics lesson. 🙂

• Cheers 1

There's just a special kind of satisfaction watching us dump the Caps in a heap!  A nice response to the dogshit that was put forth on Friday night, and a super outing by the kids yet again.

I admit I spilled my beer when Yukon pulled off his move!  ...and here are the Top 9 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

9 hours ago, phillyb said:

holy shit. laf got his donuts in this morning. 

9 hours ago, Gravesy said:

Laffy took that guy’s lunch money 😎

9 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

Must’ve been the flavored donuts…🤣

8 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Fox takes some of the dumbest penalties known to man…Must be a Harvard thing.

8 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

They got Kakko blocked

8 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

Stick a fork in them… can I stick one into Wilson?

7 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I think it's pretty clear that he wants to fork Wilson.

7 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Kreider reminds me a lot of Brian Boitano….

7 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

I think lower body injury…pulled his vagina.

It looks like the Caps are headed to a rebuild at top speed, and guess what?  I can't wait to see them shit the bed for the next 3 years!  Good luck finding another Ovie!   Pricks!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Pistol Pete who clearly knows exactly who Kreider has modeled his game after!  ...just without all the medals and ...ahem..."hardware"!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

• Phil unpinned this topic