• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Filip Chytil to 4-Year/$17.75m Extension; $4.4375m AAV

Phil

Great deal locking this kid up on a reasonable deal. The flashes seem to become more regular this season. Hopefully the kid blooms n moves into a 1C as time goes by. Promising. Well deserved kid, keep it up!!

• Believe 1

10 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Wonder what this does for Alf’s deal? He’s really only 6 actual points behind Fil but has played more games. Hopefully he accepts a 2 year Kakko deal but I suppose the time will tell 

I think Staple was probably pretty close on that. 2 x $3M.

• Thanks 1

Looks like Zib's previous contract, which turned out to be a bargain for the team.  The chances of this guy being worth the money put up here over this term are very high.  He's going to be a prime age for a monster contract four years from now, should he progress.

• Believe 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Great deal for both.

Hopefully this gives him a sense of security to deliver on his promise. 

Also makes him much more tradable. 

All of this. It's a no-lose situation. If he over performs or plateaus, Rangers get great value. If he under performs, or just maybe losses steam, you can 100% deal him elsewhere and probably won't even have to do it at a loss. It won't be hard to find a team who thinks they can "fix" him.

Can't say anything that hasn't been said already.  I've had my doubts with him, but he's proven me wrong.  I like the deal, and it makes us pretty tight up the middle.  Pretty friendly deal for both sides, and that's what I like best. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1