• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#69) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins — Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

13 minutes ago, siddious said:

The only negative from tonight is that @Petewill take credit for the win by being at the game 

Actually it will be the Kane to Panarin goal to make it 6-0 as validation they need to play together, totally disregarding that Trocheck/Kane/Kreider played a beautiful game of tic tac toe to make it 4-0 earlier on.

12 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

I’ll be at at MLS Red Bulls home match tonight at 7:30. Counting on following the GDT along the way for news of our 6-2 victory. 😊

So, I missed by 2 thinking the Rangers would fall asleep for a couple of minutes. Not tonight!!

BTW - Exciting 2-1 win at Red Bull Arena. 

I love it when my teams win. Sleep well tonight. 

6 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Didn't just shut them down, we whooped there ass all over the ices.  Literally and figuratively,

Make no mistake, we kicked the shit out of them 2 games in a row. If not for Tristian Jarry, the other night would have been similar to last night. We fucking dominated them for 120 minutes. They came out hard the first few minutes last night and Igor had to stand tall. But after that, it was men against boys.

If this team works hard, they’re going to produce. We can create in so many ways and have so much talent, it’s actually scary.

Edited by RichieNextel305

9 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

So, I missed by 2 thinking the Rangers would fall asleep for a couple of minutes. Not tonight!!

BTW - Exciting 2-1 win at Red Bull Arena. 

I love it when my teams win. Sleep well tonight. 

They did fall asleep but Igor was nasty all night 

• Keeps it 100 1

10 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Actually it will be the Kane to Panarin goal to make it 6-0 as validation they need to play together, totally disregarding that Trocheck/Kane/Kreider played a beautiful game of tic tac toe to make it 4-0 earlier on.

No you're right, that 4th goal was the real difference maker.

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

11 hours ago, Dem said:

Marshmallow man getting punched in the face by one penguin n cross checked by another. No response as per usual.

Maybe captain helmet should stick up for others instead of just himself?

Why does Miller need to fight? Does Zib? He's 6-3 215. Does Tarasenko? 6-2 235....Give this shit up already, it's so fucking tired.

49 minutes ago, Pete said:

Why does Miller need to fight? Does Zib? He's 6-3 215. Does Tarasenko? 6-2 235....Give this shit up already, it's so fucking tired.

He doesn't need to fight, but he does need to stand up for himself, show some toughness. As a defender, part of his job is clearing the crease, not allowing the opposition to take liberties with his goalie. He has a hard time doing that, and when he attempts to do it and they push back, slash, crosscheck or throw a punch, he needs to give it right back. Right now it looks as if he's cowering, and that's not a good sign. So yes, in my opinion he does need to show some toughness.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

No one said anything about fighting. Give up posting Pete it's getting really tiring.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Curious what your thoughts were on this...

2011 feels like a lifetime ago.

I think Anisimov had a clear lack of judgement on the taunt.  First of all it's a penalty and no way it's not going to get called.  Secondly he wasn't much of a fighter and he was just really lucky that somebody who was a fighter didn't pound the snot out of him for taunting the goalie after a goal.

Ken Linseman was a little shit who got himself in trouble all the time but he was a bantam weight fighter who could throw a sucker punch out of nowhere. He also had a bunch of much bigger teammates who liked a good fight now and then.  From somebody like Linseman the move Anisimov pulled would have been a piece of art.  For Anisimov it was just a brain fart out of nowhere.

Miller's shot last night was a brain fart out of nowhere.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Br4d said:

2011 feels like a lifetime ago.

I think Anisimov had a clear lack of judgement on the taunt.  First of all it's a penalty and no way it's not going to get called.  Secondly he wasn't much of a fighter and he was just really lucky that somebody who was a fighter didn't pound the snot out of him for taunting the goalie after a goal.

Ken Linseman was a little shit who got himself in trouble all the time but he was a bantam weight fighter who could throw a sucker punch out of nowhere. He also had a bunch of much bigger teammates who liked a good fight now and then.  From somebody like Linseman the move Anisimov pulled would have been a piece of art.  For Anisimov it was just a brain fart out of nowhere.

Miller's shot last night was a brain fart out of nowhere.

It was a goal celebration. A stupid one, as they usually are, but how in the world is that a penalty? Kuznetsov does that stupid flying bird Panarin does that dumb kick and anisimov is a sharp shooter I guess.

I thought Tampa had their panties in a bunch then and I still think it was an over reaction.

miller shooting with like 20 seconds left was dumb. Dump it in and call it a game bud. 

2 hours ago, siddious said:

It was a goal celebration. A stupid one, as they usually are, but how in the world is that a penalty? Kuznetsov does that stupid flying bird Panarin does that dumb kick and anisimov is a sharp shooter I guess.

I thought Tampa had their panties in a bunch then and I still think it was an over reaction.

miller shooting with like 20 seconds left was dumb. Dump it in and call it a game bud. 

2 seconds.  He took the shot with less than 2 seconds to go.  Just a totally dumb move that luckily did not score.

Anisimov's move was directed at the goalie.  That's taunting and it is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that will get called everytime.

Edited by Br4d