• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#63) Rangers at Boston Bruins — de-Fense, de-Fense

11 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

But he's not smart enough to have figured it out after forcing his way to come to the one and only team he wanted to play for? I kind of think he showed his ass by not playing in Philly. Sure he wanted to come here for a shot vs.playing out the string in CH. I'm not sure there's a huge burning desire left inside, he sure hasn't shown it. 

Can it change, of course and hopefully it does but it could just as easily be a huge miscalculation where Drury ends up looking foolish, yeah it could.

I think he’ll find the fire again in time, but of course it’s not guaranteed.

I also think a couple guys are actively making bad attempts to get him the puck because he’s Kane. Namely Panarin. He’s tried a few impossible cross ice passes trying to get it to Kane, but resulting in turnovers instead. It’s happening on the PP too. They need some time. They’ve got 19 games worth of time.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

They addressed some things with trades, as they did last season and yet I feel they are prepared worse for the playoffs now than then.

Last year They acquired more players that are willing to go to the net. This year they acquired more tutu wearing ballerinas that want every dam goal to be a work of art. No freaking heart on this squad 

Guys. They've lost 6 of their last 8. 0 and 2 with Kane. (0 points - 4). 

This isn't a ho hum moment. They really don't look good at all. It's not even the D that is the main reason.  The offense looks dead and lost. It should be a shooting gallery with this roster but they really don't get anything going. 

It seriously looks like there is no direction or gameplan. No structure. It's a pickup game if just going out there and doing whatever they want. 

As of now, this looks like it may nose dive. It's not the shortened lineup. 6 of 8. 

nyc GIF by kate spade new york

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think he’ll find the fire again in time, but of course it’s not guaranteed.

I also think a couple guys are actively making bad attempts to get him the puck because he’s Kane. Namely Panarin. He’s tried a few impossible cross ice passes trying to get it to Kane, but resulting in turnovers instead. It’s happening on the PP too. They need some time. They’ve got 19 games worth of time.

Hope so.  He appears to have slid right into the pass first mentality which scares me. All these fuckers with the cross ice pass attempts is maddening. Fire Gallant all day long for all I care, what I truly believe is these guys justify it because every blue moon it works for a beautiful tic tac toe goal so they will stay married to it. 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Guys. They've lost 6 of their last 8. 0 and 2 with Kane. (0 points - 4). 

This isn't a ho hum moment. They really don't look good at all. It's not even the D that is the main reason.  The offense looks dead and lost. It should be a shooting gallery with this roster but they really don't get anything going. 

It seriously looks like there is no direction or gameplan. No structure. It's a pickup game if just going out there and doing whatever they want. 

As of now, this looks like it may nose dive. It's not the shortened lineup. 6 of 8. 

nyc GIF by kate spade new york

It’s TWO games with Kane. 3 in 4 nights. I’m not one for excuses but take a step back from the ledge. If you thought this was going to be a scenario where everything was going to fall into place overnight, well then I have a bridge to sell you.

Nearly all teams slump. Look at Tampa in their last 10, look at the Pens before their current winning streak. This team has hit a perfect shitstorm with injuries, spitting stupidity, weird scheduling and trade deadline drama. They are better than this but likely not in the Bruins/Canes tier in the East. 

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s TWO games with Kane. 3 in 4 nights. I’m not one for excuses but take a step back from the ledge. If you thought this was going to be a scenario where everything was going to fall into place overnight, well then I have a bridge to sell you.

You like new here. It’s New York. We need everything and we need it now! 🙂

4 minutes ago, Richter35 said:

Looks like even if we get it together, nobody is getiting past Boston if they play their game.

The one thing that Boston hasn’t faced this year is adversity. They’ve been rolling since the jump.

Sometimes then in the playoffs, when you face adversity, you don’t know how to adjust.

Boston is tough, no doubt. But they can be beat. I’m not conceding anything to them. 

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The one thing that Boston hasn’t faced this year is adversity. They’ve been rolling since the jump.

Sometimes then in the playoffs, when you face adversity, you don’t know how to adjust.

Boston is tough, no doubt. But they can be beat. I’m not conceding anything to them. 

Credit to them for their record but I do not see an unbeatable team.

24 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

They haven't lost in regulation when leading... after the 1st lol

Anybody can lose a 7 game series, but there's no way the Rangers are better than 8/1 in a series with them. At this point, they'd have to be 12/1 dogs.

Hopefully they get knocked out.

24 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Exactly.

Listen, I’m not saying they aren’t going to win. They may very well be a team of destiny. But they may also walk in with tremendous expectations, run into adversity with a target the size of Fenway Park on them and get beat.

Right now they’re the gold standard. Everyone is trying to figure out how to beat them. The East is strong. They could be beat.

1 minute ago, Richter35 said:

I can tell you cross ice passes from 10 to 88 is not going to beat them .

If we see them again, rest assured the team will be playing and clicking at another level.

If I’m Gallant, at some point in the next day, I’m sitting Panarin and telling him if he doesn’t shoot, he doesn’t play. He’s gotten a free ride here and he’s become a bit of a flake and it needs to be put to a halt. You have your Russian buddy and your Chicago buddy here. There is zero reason for this guy to not be firing on all cylinders. Stop playing pond hockey. Stop force feeding passes.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If we see them again, rest assured the team will be playing and clicking at another level.

If I’m Gallant, at some point in the next day, I’m sitting Panarin and telling him if he doesn’t shoot, he doesn’t play. He’s gotten a free ride here and he’s become a bit of a flake and it needs to be put to a halt. You have your Russian buddy and your Chicago buddy here. There is zero reason for this guy to not be firing on all cylinders. Stop playing pond hockey. Stop force feeding passes.

Gallant wouldn't sit him, he's not Kravstov.  It would be nice.  TB sat Stamkos, Kuceherov, and someone else for the 3rd period for playing like Panarin.

• Like 1

These next 4 days are going to be a blessing.  We need to get this act together and get back to a full roster.

We stayed with those prick bastards for 2 periods before we ran outta gas.  Yukon played a tough game, and is showing he's going to be a gritty NHL'er.

...And here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Emily Kaplan's "Dick-mittens"!!

4 hours ago, siddious said:

Death, taxes, Ray Ferraro shitting almost unnecessarily on the rangers. 

3 hours ago, fletch said:

It's a shame that the Bruins couldn't pick up Kadri to center for Marchand and Bertuzzi.  Instead of the Perfection Line they could have the Asshole Line, which seems more appropriate for Boston.

3 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Glad I muted Goondman. Y’all should too. 

3 hours ago, phillyb said:

I’d take a drunk Sam not knowing who the fuck is on the ice mispronouncing people’s names left and right over listening to this fuckery. 

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

It's really goddamn hard to be missing 2D and 1 forward in any game, let alone in like 4 games straight. Lots of tired legs. 

Right now, Ben Harpur is our #3. And bless his heart, he's done well enough in the role, but that's really not his jam.

Hopefully, we get to see the "real" Rangers next game. Lindgren and Miller can't come back fast enough.

2 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Is it me or does Emily Kaplan have some huge dick mittens?

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

She's wearing a black and gold sweater. Though McDonough may be wearing his Bobby Orr pajamas. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I hate this man more than my own kids. 

2 hours ago, phillyb said:

My poor girlfriend. I’m livid. Screaming. Foaming at the fucking mouth and she’s just trying to eat lunch.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Sean McDonough is now broadcasting this game with his pants around his ankles and...

Congratulations to Vegas @VegasRanger with his first OQGDT winner!!!  I actually had a good giggle with that one.

I want you guys all to remember this game.  We've made some enormous changes offensively, and have been playing short/injured for the last few games.  When we come back on Thursday, it's going to be a different team.

These nay-Sayers better all line up and blow us when we take the Cup this season.  McDonough, that prick...I'm leaving my fly open for that jack off!!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • LMFAO 1

58 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

These next 4 days are going to be a blessing.  We need to get this act together and get back to a full roster.

We stayed with those prick bastards for 2 periods before we ran outta gas.  Yukon played a tough game, and is showing he's going to be a gritty NHL'er.

...And here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Emily Kaplan's "Dick-mittens"!!

Congratulations to Vegas @VegasRanger with his first OQGDT winner!!!  I actually had a good giggle with that one.

I want you guys all to remember this game.  We've made some enormous changes offensively, and have been playing short/injured for the last few games.  When we come back on Thursday, it's going to be a different team.

These nay-Sayers better all line up and blow us when we take the Cup this season.  McDonough, that prick...I'm leaving my fly open for that jack off!!  LOL

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

I really hope were not gonna ride or die with the panarin-kane connection...gallants tried every other single possible line combo pre kane, dont tell ne hes suddenly lost his balls to break that one up. Give it another few games if ude like, but if shit doesnt significantly improve, swap tarasenko and kane.

Edited by Jdog99

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

They have lost 6 of 8 man..

It's not all about Kane. This team looks lost and has since mid February.  

I'm not sure Gallant can do ... well... anything.  I'm actually waiting for Kane to spill the beans and totally throw Gallant under tge bus as the new guy who doesn't understand how a team functions like it has.