• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#63) Rangers at Boston Bruins — de-Fense, de-Fense

34 minutes ago, goondman said:

How's this for math:

Soft+Gerard Galant×James Dolan÷Drury×lack of mettle+no actual system(in place)+going on 30 years since last cup×over rated golie×super overrated  draft picks÷no D from forwards×typical NYR trash= no cup for us!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!!!

I didn't expect math, and math is hard. 

In fact, appears your equation needs work. 

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nah. Just a lot of hot takes.

A lot of fans say the team is too soft and has no mettle.

A lot of fans say Gallant isn’t a very good coach and he has no structured system in place.

A lot of fans hate James Dolan.

30 yrs since last Cup is baked in fact.

A lot of fans would say Igor went from Vezina to league average.

A lot of fans would say the 1st and 2nd overall picks are not up to the standard of where they were drafted.

A lot of fans would say the forwards don’t play enough defense.

A lot of fans would say this is all typical Rangers.

The guy is probably a troll, and not a Rangers fan, but it’s not exactly wrong either.

It’s up to the franchise and the players to prove it wrong.

33 minutes ago, goondman said:

How's this for math:

Soft+Gerard Galant×James Dolan÷Drury×lack of mettle+no actual system(in place)+going on 30 years since last cup×over rated golie×super overrated  draft picks÷no D from forwards×typical NYR trash= no cup for us!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!!!

You keep using the term mettle. 

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

They just acquired 2 players that are legit playoff performers. Guys that flip that switch and carry themselves with the utmost confidence while carrying their team. 

This group has hopefully learned on their own (from last year's run), what it takes to win it all. Adding the 2 forwards they did can only reinforce what they should have learned.

There's not much to complain about as far as mettle goes. They just acquired it. 

I'd have liked to add some more sandpaper that can play instead of Kane.  There's some doubt in my mind.. Their depth worries the shit out of me. 

You're not even going there. You're skipping that and just saying they suck and should rebuild. They don't suck. They shouldn't rebuild. They have a really intriguing mix of young and veteran players and are amongst the top teams in points this year and last. They still have a window to win AFTER this window. 

If they lose. A coaching change is a must. When/if that happens,  you'll maybe see core pieces moved and a change in mindset. That's how this works.

You don't rebuild after a charge to the ECF.  You don't give up on a goalie who just had an all time great statistical season, whom the entire world was waiting to see make his way to the NHL years prior to said season. You're dead ass wrong on the goalie complaint.  He's having a rough patch, but he's considered one of the best in the world and has been even before last season. 

I'll give you Gallant. He is an issue and I don't think anyone will argue much on that. The draft picks too. I'm certainly underwhelmed with the 1 and 2 OAs they have gotten. But that could be pinned on Gallant. Their other picks and former prospects have done pretty well. 

Shesterkin 

Fox

Lindgren 

Miller 

Schneider 

Chytil 

are all homegrown players that never played an NHL game for another franchise. They were part of a rebuild. They are mainstays for years to come. Kakko and Lafrenière may be a little disappointing..  I'll agree there. I think Othmann walks on the team next season and knocks one of these guys off the roster (so theres another prospect)... But look at everything else.  Its rebuilt....

The Rangers have a shot to make some noise in the playoffs.  I see nothing wrong with that. Anything can happen when they get there. It did last year. Have a little hope. It's really not as bad as you are making it out to be. 

21 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

A lot of fans say the team is too soft and has no mettle.

A lot of fans say Gallant isn’t a very good coach and he has no structured system in place.

A lot of fans hate James Dolan.

30 yrs since last Cup is baked in fact.

A lot of fans would say Igor went from Vezina to league average.

A lot of fans would say the 1st and 2nd overall picks are not up to the standard of where they were drafted.

A lot of fans would say the forwards don’t play enough defense.

A lot of fans would say this is all typical Rangers.

The guy is probably a troll, and not a Rangers fan, but it’s not exactly wrong either.

It’s up to the franchise and the players to prove it wrong.

None of that has to do with whether or not the team is good or bad.

Especially not winning in 30 years. Who the fuck cares? That means they can't win this year because they haven't won in 30? What kind of logic is that LOL?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I know you're not a Rangers fan. Which makes me wonder what you're doing here, since trolling is against the rules. 

Well, you're mistaken. Although-at this point-i use the term 'fan' loosely;  I am certainly not a troll. 

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

None of that has to do with whether or not the team is good or bad.

Especially not winning in 30 years. Who the fuck cares? That means they can't win this year because they haven't won in 30? What kind of logic is that LOL?

I’d say having a meh coach with no system has a little bit to do with being a good team.

Agree.

12 minutes ago, goondman said:

Well, you're mistaken. Although-at this point-i use the term 'fan' loosely;  

Then I'm not mistaken lol. And...

I am certainly not a troll. 

It would mean you certainly are. 

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They just acquired 2 players that are legit playoff performers. Guys that flip that switch and carry themselves with the utmost confidence while carrying their team. 

This group has hopefully learned on their own (from last year's run), what it takes to win it all. Adding the 2 forwards they did can only reinforce what they should have learned.

There's not much to complain about as far as mettle goes. They just acquired it. 

I'd have liked to add some more sandpaper that can play instead of Kane.  There's some doubt in my mind.. Their depth worries the shit out of me. 

You're not even going there. You're skipping that and just saying they suck and should rebuild. They don't suck. They shouldn't rebuild. They have a really intriguing mix of young and veteran players and are amongst the top teams in points this year and last. They still have a window to win AFTER this window. 

If they lose. A coaching change is a must. When/if that happens,  you'll maybe see core pieces moved and a change in mindset. That's how this works.

You don't rebuild after a charge to the ECF.  You don't give up on a goalie who just had an all time great statistical season, whom the entire world was waiting to see make his way to the NHL years prior to said season. You're dead ass wrong on the goalie complaint.  He's having a rough patch, but he's considered one of the best in the world and has been even before last season. 

I'll give you Gallant. He is an issue and I don't think anyone will argue much on that. The draft picks too. I'm certainly underwhelmed with the 1 and 2 OAs they have gotten. But that could be pinned on Gallant. Their other picks and former prospects have done pretty well. 

Shesterkin 

Fox

Lindgren 

Miller 

Schneider 

Chytil 

are all homegrown players that never played an NHL game for another franchise. They were part of a rebuild. They are mainstays for years to come. Kakko and Lafrenière may be a little disappointing..  I'll agree there. I think Othmann walks on the team next season and knocks one of these guys off the roster (so theres another prospect)... But look at everything else.  Its rebuilt....

The Rangers have a shot to make some noise in the playoffs.  I see nothing wrong with that. Anything can happen when they get there. It did last year. Have a little hope. It's really not as bad as you are making it out to be. 

I'm going to take this a step further:

A far less talented, experienced, and gritty version of this team took out far better teams than them in last years playoffs, and if not for Tampa cracking the code alongside us running completely out of gas, we'd have taken them too.

This is a team that Drury laid chips on for a reason. He got them Tarasenko, who seems to have figured it out here. He got them Motte back. He got them Patrick fucking Kane! Results gonna vary early on, doubly so without two of our top 3 D for all sorts of dumbshit reasons.

I'm also just done with the Kakko/Laf slander. They're pacing to put up top-6 caliber numbers with third line ice time. They're routinely among the best skaters on the ice. They're fine, and the second they're asked to step up into bigger roles, I bet they show it.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, goondman said:

How's this for math:

It took you over 12 hours to come up with this goofy shit of an answer?

Troll.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Shesterkin 

Fox

Lindgren 

Miller 

Schneider 

Chytil 

Mettle 

ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.

10 minutes ago, goondman said:

Them report me! Please! Get me banned from the site

I’m not quite understanding why you want to get banned? You don’t HAVE to post here if you don’t want to. It’s that simple However, it’ll be a shame to get banned no? You wont get to post your happiness when we win the cup this June. 

3 minutes ago, goondman said:

Mettle 

ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.

You left more of that definition out.

Patrick Kane 

Vladimir Tarasenko 

They've added what you're looking for.  They also (hopefully) learned from the ECF run they went on with pretty much the same roster, save for replacing Vatrano with Tarasenko and Copp with Kane. Oh and replaced Hunt with Vesey.  Reaves is gone...  A year of major growth for Chytil and Kakko, with Lafrenière also gaining traction (did the same last year) is an additional plus. The PP is still a force....  They built a solid checking line that WILL see icetime. Miller is now a 40 point defender. Trouba is dialed in with his physical play... Fox is Fox.... I'd like a better LD to play with Schneider,  but they are a BETTER "team" this year.

Shesterkin will bounce back. That's the only big concern aby of us should have. I'm confident he can get back on track. 

Do they lack sandpaper? Sure.  Is that a must have though? If you're  displacing that lack of grit with the players they added....  Probably not. They could do what they did last year 

• Believe 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I’m not quite understanding why you want to get banned? You don’t HAVE to post here if you don’t want to. It’s that simple However, it’ll be a shame to get banned no? You wont get to post your happiness when we win the cup this June. 

I don't want to, but the troll accusation just keep flying around... In fairness; if I was a diehard still, I'd probably be saying the same as the rest of you...

1 hour ago, Pete said:

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I don't want to, but the troll accusation just keep flying around... In fairness; if I was a diehard still, I'd probably be saying the same as the rest of you...

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You left more of that definition out.

Patrick Kane 

Vladimir Tarasenko 

They've added what you're looking for.  They also (hopefully) learned from the ECF run they went on with pretty much the same roster, save for replacing Vatrano with Tarasenko and Copp with Kane. Oh and replaced Hunt with Vesey.  Reaves is gone...  A year of major growth for Chytil and Kakko, with Lafrenière also gaining traction (did the same last year) is an additional plus. The PP is still a force....  They built a solid checking line that WILL see icetime. Miller is now a 40 point defender. Trouba is dialed in with his physical play... Fox is Fox.... I'd like a better LD to play with Schneider,  but they are a BETTER "team" this year.

Shesterkin will bounce back. That's the only big concern aby of us should have. I'm confident he can get back on track. 

Do they lack sandpaper? Sure.  Is that a must have though? If you're  displacing that lack of grit with the players they added....  Probably not. They could do what they did last year 

Well, you understood its meaning! No? 

2 minutes ago, goondman said:

Well try to look at it from the other side. If you just start posting in a group and only post inflammatory negativity, it’s going to come off as if your only goal is just to troll Rangers fans. 

There is a constructive way to voice some concerns and displeasures and then there is the way you’re doing it. Maybe just take a second and relax. As I said, you’re going to want to be around come cup finals time. 

9 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Well try to look at it from the other side. If you just start posting in a group and only post inflammatory negativity, it’s going to come off as if your only goal is just to troll Rangers fans. 

There is a constructive way to voice some concerns and displeasures and then there is the way you’re doing it. Maybe just take a second and relax. As I said, you’re going to want to be around come cup finals time. 

You are absolutely correct! Although I meant everything I wrote, it wasn't nor isn't meant to be shifty toward-or stir-anyone up. You're a classy dude keirik

47 minutes ago, goondman said:

Them report me! Please! Get me banned from the site

I’ll just let you handle that yourself. It’s an inevitability.

Either that or you won’t post as often. Because you’re so busy with life and work. So much so that you find time to spam a messageboard of a team you don’t like.

A true busy bee.