• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#63) Rangers at Boston Bruins — de-Fense, de-Fense

On 3/4/2023 at 3:37 PM, The Dude said:

Dude. Kane fucking sucks. He's sleep walking out there. 

Didn't want him, didn't need him. Team is to soft as it is.

They need more brute force. A center who will skate through a brick wall to get to the front of the net, and a defender who will knock down a brick wall to remove any Bruins trying to skate to the front of the net. But I keep hearing how this is the new softer, faster NHL, where you don't need those things to be successful. Just wait until the playoffs start ...

Just now, Karan said:

This has been a recurring theme for a few months now unfortunately and both goalies have suffered by the defense's woeful lack of ability to clear the front of the net and allow opposing players to get multiple whacks at loose pucks or simply all alone in front. Goalies don't stand much of a chance against opportunities like that.

I don't know what Drury is doing, but this is not a recipe for success. And I know I'm in the minority

If I'm wrong, I will happily take my lumps. lol

Edited by jamsim1967

5 hours ago, jamsim1967 said:

They need more brute force. A center who will skate through a brick wall to get to the front of the net, and a defender who will knock down a brick wall to remove any Bruins trying to skate to the front of the net. But I keep hearing how this is the new softer, faster NHL, where you don't need those things to be successful. Just wait until the playoffs start ...

I wanted a bit of sandpaper,  but I'm not going to complain much. They've added playoff performers.  Guys that have a track record of getting it done. 

They went full fledged skill and they went big time. They chose a direction and obtained some of the best offensive players the game has to offer. I'm glad they didn't half ass it and bring in some lower level borderline scoring and a scrub 4th liner. 

They got 2 of the best players in the league at their position.  

Its what they're going to roll with, so let's be positive and see how this goes. 

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 2

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I wanted a bit of sandpaper,  but I'm not going to complain much. They've added playoff performers.  Guys that have a track record of getting it done. 

They went full fledged skill and they went big time. They chose a direction and obtained some of the best offensive players the game has to offer. I'm glad they didn't half ass it and bring in some lower level borderline scoring and a scrub 4th liner. 

They got 2 of the best players in the league at their position.  

Its what they're going to roll with, so let's be positive and see how this goes. 

Yeah, having a day to think about it (actually since the Ottawa game), you're right. Lets wait and see.

• Believe 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't understand why people keep talking as if Kane was the only move that was made... "We need to get bigger and go to the middle of the ice..."

Come On Win GIF by St. Louis Blues

They didn't have to play with a short roster and be lost for a couple of weeks due to the aquisition of Senko. Comparatively it was miniscule compared to the mental anguish of this roster and the cap Gymnastics performed to acquire one single player in Kane. He is obviously one of the best to play the game of recent time but my goodness, how can you not expect him to be judged harsher than Senko?

49 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

They didn't have to play with a short roster and be lost for a couple of weeks due to the aquisition of Senko. Comparatively it was miniscule compared to the mental anguish of this roster and the cap Gymnastics performed to acquire one single player in Kane. He is obviously one of the best to play the game of recent time but my goodness, how can you not expect him to be judged harsher than Senko?

That ⬆️ has nothing to do with this ⬇️ , which is what I'm referring to.

13 hours ago, jamsim1967 said: