• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

K'Andre Miller Suspended for Three Games for Spitting on Drew Doughty

Keirik

31 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Can he appeal and get it reduced?

mise well accept it, been playing like trash and with our time off after the 3 game suspension its will be like a 12 day break for him. Best to come back rested, recharged and redeem himself down the stretch/playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Glad you weren't going with the racist thing. Really thought that's where you were going. 

I can see your point, butI think one issue such as this, has type cast ither players. 

I'm being hypothetical. Trying to figure out why a person,  any person would do that. If thats calling out his character.... So what? This instince is pretty low. Do we not try most every athlete after something low like this? I mean,  people did it to your favorite subject  ADA.  He's still carrying his mistake on his back.  Everything else about him is attitude and politics. But it always sweeps back to the big whammy. This is kind of a whammy 

We agree it was done on purpose. Yes? We agree it's pretty disgusting and low. No? I think this might be a no. 

This doesn't get a 2nd chance or a pattern to come to the conclusion that something is "off" here with him.

We DON'T know him. Much like we don't know what every other athlete does off ice. Am I writing him off? No. I'm trying to talk about what got him to do this. It could be a childish stupid thing. It could be that we really don't know hom. 

Spitting on someone deserves speculation as to why. 

This isn't a whammy. This is nothing compared to ADA.

I don't agree spitting in his face was done on purpose because no one knows the intent.

Video looks like he was spitting AT Doughty, and you can intend to spit AT someone (i.e. spitting in their direction without hitting them) without meaning to spit ON them.

We know him. Same as we knew ADA.

57 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Seems odd that a “good guy” would spit in someone’s face, and then lie about intentions after when it’s clearly on video. A one time incident? OK. That matters when determining suspension length, or if he might be a repeat offender later, but the one incident being what it was says a lot about his character as a grown man at 23 y.o.

You don't know he was lying because you don't know his intent. No one does. Some guys should get the benefit of the doubt. Not sure why you were so quick to defend ADA but Miller is all of a sudden lacking character for one incident, where BTW Doughty accepted the apology.

So end of day, it doesn't matter two shits what any of us think.

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't agree spitting in his face was done on purpose because no one knows the intent.

Video looks like he was spitting AT Doughty, and you can intend to spit AT someone (i.e. spitting in their direction without hitting them) without meaning to spit ON them.

We know him. Same as we knew ADA.

You don't know he was lying because you don't know his intent. No one does. Some guys should get the benefit of the doubt. Not sure why you were so quick to defend ADA but Miller is all of a sudden lacking character for one incident, where BTW Doughty accepted the apology.

You’re right. It doesn’t matter. It’s just my opinion, but I think he’s gaslighting folks with damage control. I’m going by what my eyes tell me. The video says he’s lying through his teeth. The league thinks so too apparently. He can’t be guilty and not guilty to this degree at the same time. Come to think of it, the league agreeing with me probably supports you more than me lmao.

Most I ever said about DeAngelo is that the libs always overreacted to his offenses because he was antiLib on Twitter. He didn’t do anything equivalently egreigious to spitting in an opponent’s face, at least as an adult. Yeah, that time he was like 16 was bad, but he was also 16 with a pretty shitty father as a role model judging by interviews. ADA certainly nickeled and dimed his way to his situation, that made him an asshole, but posting stuff on Twitter that some folks don’t like or telling Georgiev he sucks isn’t the same for me as spitting in an opponent’s face.

• Bullseye 1
  • The Chyt! 1

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

You’re right. It doesn’t matter. It’s just my opinion, but I think he’s gaslighting folks with damage control. I’m going by what my eyes tell me. The video says he’s lying through his teeth. The league thinks so too apparently. He can’t be guilty and not guilty to this degree at the same time. Come to think of it, the league agreeing with me probably supports you more than me lmao.

Most I ever said about DeAngelo is that the libs always overreacted to his offenses because he was antiLib on Twitter. He didn’t do anything equivalently egreigious to spitting in an opponent’s face, at least as an adult. Yeah, that time he was like 16 was bad, but he was also 16 with a pretty shitty father as a role model judging by interviews. ADA certainly nickeled and dimed his way to his situation, that made him an asshole, but posting stuff on Twitter that some folks don’t like or telling Georgiev he sucks isn’t the same for me as spitting in an opponent’s face.

All fair. And frankly I think spitting in an opponent's direction is just as shitty, but less disgusting.

It all goes back to intent, for me. I don't think he meant for his gerb to wind up on Doughty's face. But it happened, and he apologized, and he didn't even have to, but he did, and it was accepted. So I'm all about moving forward.

Just not trying to sit here and speculate that he's in with the wrong crowd now, he's a punk, etc. Not one bit.

15 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

If we're going to be reading in between the lines, didn't the lip read on the replay go something like "I fucking spit and it fucking hit him"? Isn't that heat of the moment reaction indicating he wasn't spitting to hit Doughty?

Yeah, but he's also got a team mate infront of him asking him and he can't explain it while looking them in the eye.

It is what it is. He got 3 games. Hopefully it's just a one time thing and he's a frikken boy scout from here on in. 

I'm interested in seeing if Troubas play changes at all. Like does he improve. 

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not sure how this isn't a whammy in comparison to ADA. 

ADA said a racial slur as a teen. Nobody knows in what context it was said. Doesn't make it right, but let's not act like that was washed away . It's the first thing that people bring up when talking about him and it should be the only mark on his resume, but kinda not really, sine he was a child.  Hating on Liberals and being anti Vax shouldn't be a mark, but I'm assuming that's part of your take on ADA. 

I dunno man. Spitting ON someone is pretty low brow. Face or not. Face is worse, but generally spitting on someone is trash. No excuse. Its a sign of disgrace. Saying he only meant to spit on him is pretty weak, because it's pretty bad man. 

It's not like I'm trying to damn him. He's a kid. He did something stupid and out of character. Not like I'm calling for the end of his career.  He's going to get a well deserved pay increase.  

If it's any other player, this points to a warning sign. Not sure how Miller is any different. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If it's any other player, this points to a warning sign. Not sure how Miller is any different. 

Because this line isn't true. It's not a warning sign for any player. Depends on the player. Guy had his wires cross once and spit. You're acting like he split someone's skull. You know who didn't think it was that bad? The guy who got spit on.

Think it's time to let it go.

• Cheers 1

With Miller and Lindgren not on IR, I don't think they can call up a D man, especially given the cap tightrope.  That would mean playing with 5 D for three games in a row.  Good way to wear those guys down and maybe get another one injured.  Of course, I can remember when teams only had 5 D on the roster, but I'm old.

This is a real headache for GG/Drury.  Might be remembered when Miller is demanding his pay day.  Just saying, when really tough decisions must be made, everything get's weighed in.

I don't think you can make excuses for Miller or soft pedal this incident.  

3 hours ago, Jdog99 said:

just looking at millers eyes, posture, facial expression etc....seems obvious to me it wasn't intentional. surprised so many others dont see it that way.

If it was that obvious there wouldn't be a debate, so clearly you're seeing some things that nobody else in the world is.

• Like 1

My take....the dude that got spit on was skating into the scrum right at Miller.  Gonna try to intimidate him.  Now come on ..Miller is as athletic as they come , with the sharp eyes and reflexes.  He sees him skating in and thinks to himself " had enough of this fucknut, you wanna skate up into my face?  Then keep coming and skate into this...pattuuuie

Edited by trooooooobs

On 2/28/2023 at 4:35 PM, Pete said:

Because this line isn't true. It's not a warning sign for any player. Depends on the player. Guy had his wires cross once and spit. You're acting like he split someone's skull. You know who didn't think it was that bad? The guy who got spit on.

Think it's time to let it go.

The guy that got spit on said "I'm fuckin pissed.  That was a big loogy