• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

K'Andre Miller Suspended for Three Games for Spitting on Drew Doughty

Keirik

4 minutes ago, trooooooobs said:

My take....the dude that got spit on was skating into the scrum right at Miller.  Gonna try to intimidate him.  Now come on ..Miller is as athletic as they come , with the sharp eyes and reflexes.  He sees him skating in and thinks to himself " had enough of this fucknut, you wanna skate up into my face?  Then keep coming and skate into this...pattuuuie

IF that was Miller's play there that's as weak as it gets. How about getting a glove up in his face, bring your stick up across your own body to push him away.. but spit on the guy? That's garbage, that's being the biggest pussy as possible IF that was his thought process and reaction. There were at least two other Rangers right there to his left if I remember correctly, he wasn't at any risk and for fucks sake it was Doughty who's  hardly a tough guy. Sackless braindead move and the team paid for it the next three games.

• Keeps it 100 1

23 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

IF that was Miller's play there that's as weak as it gets. How about getting a glove up in his face, bring your stick up across your own body to push him away.. but spit on the guy? That's garbage, that's being the biggest pussy as possible IF that was his thought process and reaction. There were at least two other Rangers right there to his left if I remember correctly, he wasn't at any risk and for fucks sake it was Doughty who's  hardly a tough guy. Sackless braindead move and the team paid for it the next three games.

Let's not act as if someone's hot take was actually what Miller was thinking.

• Like 1

The look on Miller's face?  That exactly what he was thinking.  Pete..I agree ,gutless move.  Miller's gotta stop this 'I'm a rookie ,I'd better show respect to veterans or ill get a rep., and start using his size to make him hard to play against,  and a hit or 2 would be nice.  He needs to get a little edge to his game.

Edited by trooooooobs

24 minutes ago, trooooooobs said:

The look on Miller's face?  That exactly what he was thinking.  Pete..I agree ,gutless move.  Miller's gotta stop this 'I'm a rookie ,I'd better show respect to veterans or ill get a rep., and start using his size to make him hard to play against,  and a hit or 2 would be nice.  He needs to get a little edge to his game.

Brother now I'm really confused. But welcome to the board.

• LMFAO 1

18 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Just happy he’s back and we can regain some semblance of normalcy. Hopefully Lindgren and Motte are close too.

Like I've been saying I don't really think losing Miller and Linden is the reason why we aren't playing our best and now all of a sudden we will start playing well.

2 minutes ago, NYRangers93 said:

Like I've been saying I don't really think losing Miller and Linden is the reason why we aren't playing our best and now all of a sudden we will start playing well.

Wait, you really don't think having two of our top four defenseman out and having to play with 11 forwards has had any effect on the games at all?

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, NYRangers93 said:

So you’re of the belief that playing 2 men down was a recipe of success? You believe that 2 of those men being your LHD on both of your Top-2 pairs isn’t a big deal?

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Wait, you really don't think having two of our top four defenseman out and having to play with 11 forwards has had any effect on the games at all?

17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

So you’re of the belief that playing 2 men down was a recipe of success? You believe that 2 of those men being your LHD on both of your Top-2 pairs isn’t a big deal?

If I may interject, I believe he’s saying the underlying cause for poor play (presumably poor team defensive coverage) still exists whether Lindgren and Miller play or not. It’s exacerbated with them out, but the holes defensively with the team don’t just go away completely when they come back.

Edited by BrooksBurner

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

If I may interject, I believe he’s saying the underlying cause for poor play (presumably poor team defensuve coverage) still exists whether Lindgren and Miller play or not. It’s exacerbated with them out, but the holes defensively with the team don’t just go away when they come back.

But he's also saying that it won't get better just because we're adding those players back.. it absolutely will get better, will it be perfect? No. Will it be better than the last handful of games? Well there's something seriously wrong if it isn't. 

• Keeps it 100 1

What I'm saying is yes losing 2 of our top 4 defenseman hurt but I don't wanna think now all of a sudden we are going on this role. Having a healthy squad at this point of the season is huge going into the playoffs, but I need to see more consistency with whoever is on the ice. 

On 2/28/2023 at 1:41 PM, BrooksBurner said:

You’re right. It doesn’t matter. It’s just my opinion, but I think he’s gaslighting folks with damage control. I’m going by what my eyes tell me. The video says he’s lying through his teeth. The league thinks so too apparently. He can’t be guilty and not guilty to this degree at the same time. Come to think of it, the league agreeing with me probably supports you more than me lmao.

Most I ever said about DeAngelo is that the libs always overreacted to his offenses because he was antiLib on Twitter. He didn’t do anything equivalently egreigious to spitting in an opponent’s face, at least as an adult. Yeah, that time he was like 16 was bad, but he was also 16 with a pretty shitty father as a role model judging by interviews. ADA certainly nickeled and dimed his way to his situation, that made him an asshole, but posting stuff on Twitter that some folks don’t like or telling Georgiev he sucks isn’t the same for me as spitting in an opponent’s face.

Welp...