• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

K'Andre Miller Suspended for Three Games for Spitting on Drew Doughty

Keirik

15 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

You got to suspend his ass, intentioned or not he spit on him ,the way he been playing ,he needs few games off ,so does Schneider  they been bad

Give him a game to appease everyone. Technically that makes 2. 

I agree both needed breaks though schneider has been fine. 

• TroCheckmark 2

This is reading like a 4 year old who got caught coloring on the walls, but tells you to your face he was actually using the coloring paper on his table, and slipped and scribbled a 4 x 4 foot block on the walls. Sorry, I don't believe him a bit. And here's a follow up hot take: maybe he's got a little nasty Marchand dirt bag in him that he can refine with age...hmmmm...let's harness that energy and use it more beneficially. Try licking or kissing next time.

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

39 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Phone hearing so that’s encouraging. In person I believe is worse. 

If the infraction might require a suspension of six games or more, the offending Player is offered the opportunity to an in-person hearing. In this case, the Player remains suspended until the hearing takes place. If the Player waives his right to an in-person hearing, the hearing will be conducted by phone.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

This is reading like a 4 year old who got caught coloring on the walls, but tells you to your face he was actually using the coloring paper on his table, and slipped and scribbled a 4 x 4 foot block on the walls. Sorry, I don't believe him a bit. And here's a follow up hot take: maybe he's got a little nasty Marchand dirt bag in him that he can refine with age...hmmmm...let's harness that energy and use it more beneficially. Try licking or kissing next time.

Yup. It's an attempt to save face (and it seems to be working). There's just no way you spit someone that's right in front of you in the face without meaning it. He didn't lean his head down or to the side at all. I would also assume that if it was on accident you would see regret on his face immediately after the spit.

That said - We've not seen anything like this from Miller before and he has apologized, so as long as he don't do shit like this again I don't think this is something that should affect his reputation too much.

He will hear it from rival fans to the day he retires tho.

7 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yup. It's an attempt to save face (and it seems to be working). There's just no way you spit someone that's right in front of you in the face without meaning it. He didn't lean his head down or to the side at all. I would also assume that if it was on accident you would see regret on his face immediately after the spit.

That said - We've not seen anything like this from Miller before and he has apologized, so as long as he don't do shit like this again I don't think this is something that should affect his reputation too much.

He will hear it from rival fans to the day he retires tho.

It's just such a wildly out-of-character thing to see from him, too. That's really, truly not who he is. Bluntly...we don't really have a guy that you'd look at and think "oh yeah, that tracks". This was 100% a "heat of the moment stupidity" thing. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

It had crossed my mind that Doughty said said something racial, but I just think Miller was being a dumbass and no one is really buying his statement or apology at this point.

Had he said that, I'd think there would have been a brawl and it would have been picked up on mic. That'd be a big deal and I'd think the league would have looked into it and Doughty would be crucified.  

46 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

It's just such a wildly out-of-character thing to see from him, too. That's really, truly not who he is. Bluntly...we don't really have a guy that you'd look at and think "oh yeah, that tracks". This was 100% a "heat of the moment stupidity" thing. 

Just wondering.  How do we know that's not who he is? He's a pretty young dude.

NY swallows up young athletes and we really don't know what he does off the ice, or who influences him in whatever crowd he hangs out with. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just wondering.  How do we know that's not who he is? He's a pretty young dude.

NY swallows up young athletes and we really don't know what he does off the ice, or who influences him in whatever crowd he hangs out with. 

I think the players attitudes and actions are pretty well known to the public. Everyone knew who Avery was on/off the ice, DeAngelo, etc. This type of behavior would most likely seep out at some point.

• Bullseye 1

Def think he meant to spit in Doughty direction. Probably didn't mean to hit him. When you look at the video and the direction he spit, he's either spitting in Doughty direction, or his teammates. So something ain't adding up.

But I do love how the ADA fans are trying to paint Miller as some type of low-key degenerate.

17 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I think the players attitudes and actions are pretty well known to the public. Everyone knew who Avery was on/off the ice, DeAngelo, etc. This type of behavior would most likely seep out at some point.

That, and we've seen him across 150+ games at this point. Even on the ice, this guy does not have a pest streak. At all. Keeping his head is among his best assets as a hockey player.

10 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

We've seen a few cases where NY athletes fall into the wrong crowd. Doc and Darryl being an older example.  Plaxico Burress being another. What came out about how Anthony Mason lived while being a star. 

There's a lot of pressure on some of these kids, to act a certain way.  Both by their employers and by the people they hang out with off the ice. It'd not outlandish to think it's possible Key is maybe coming of age and is becoming more of his own man. 

We don't know.  I'm just speculating because this seems out of character,  but so on purpose. 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Def think he meant to spit in Doughty direction. Probably didn't mean to hit him. When you look at the video and the direction he spit, he's either spitting in Doughty direction, or his teammates. So something ain't adding up.

But I do love how the ADA fans are trying to paint Miller as some type of low-key degenerate.

What does one have to do with the other? 

Maybe stay on topic is a good idea here.