• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

K'Andre Miller Suspended for Three Games for Spitting on Drew Doughty

Keirik

• Phil changed the title to K'Andre Miller Ejected for Spitting on Kings Defenseman; Possible Suspension?

I didn't even know there was a penalty for spitting.  Nice move K'Andre.  You did what I've never seen anyone do in however many thousand hockey games I've watched.

Essa Tikkanen did not get penalized when he kissed one of the Caps on the nose.

I think there is a decent chance this wasn’t on purpose. He just turned 23. He could have been thinking one thing and bodily doing another especially in a high stress moment of a scrum. Players spit all the time. Sometimes it’s just done by reflex. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I think there is a decent chance this wasn’t on purpose. He just turned 23. He could have been thinking one thing and bodily doing another especially in a high stress moment of a scrum. Players spit all the time. Sometimes it’s just done by reflex. 

It’s possible

Honestly.

He doesn’t strike me as the type of player who would do that.

In watching the replay…. Many times. In slow motion.

Maybe it was an accident.

• Bullseye 1

7 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

It’s possible

Honestly.

He doesn’t strike me as the type of player who would do that.

In watching the replay…. Many times. In slow motion.

Maybe it was an accident.

4 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Watching kings locker room post-game interviews drew said he was in the act of skating up to Key when he spit, so perhaps he didn’t expect him (I guess Key was arguing with another King) to skate toward him while he was spitting…

My thinking exactly on all points 

I have a four year old I’m teaching to play gently with his one year old brother. He generally knows but sometimes toes the line and is a little too rough on him. Today, he pushed him very gently and he tripped, whacking his head on the wall. He claims it was an accident, but why was he messing around even lightly shoving him in the first place?

this is exactly like that and if it happens to the rangers I’d be hoping the guy gets suspended too.

Clean up your shit Key