• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Where the Fuck Am I Gonna Move?

phillyb

When I moved out of CA back to PA, there was a 3 month overlap where I slept in my car outside of my job in CA. My car was a fucking mazda miata at the time, so only a two-seater (I feel like I've told this story before lol) and extremely uncomfortable. I was jealous of the dude who had a full sheet of cardboard who could sprawl out on the pavement. 

On 3/28/2023 at 1:33 PM, phillyb said:

House officially under contract. Put in an offer on a new condo, which I fucking love, but the seller hasn't responded and now I'm freaking the fuck out. 

I have to move in a month and idk where the fuck I'm gonna go hahaha. My car isn't big enough for me, my gf, and my animals. 

FUCKKKK

Buy a motor home. Travel while you work. Figure out where you want to reside on your time.

Or get one of those extended stay hotel rooms. Some accept pets. 

• Like 1

Ok, the seller and I have agreed to a price on a new condo. I'm extremely fucking excited for this place but now I have to start packing. Fuck that shit lol. 

Without doxxing myself, I do wanna show off this place...

yefiY8j.png

HYhWGeZ.png

Needs a kitchen. 2br/1.5ba. 1700 square feet. It's fucking huge lol

• Applause 1

37 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Ok, the seller and I have agreed to a price on a new condo. I'm extremely fucking excited for this place but now I have to start packing. Fuck that shit lol. 

yefiY8j.png

HYhWGeZ.png

Sweet! My showing is later today! Thanks for the lead!!

Good luck!! Buying/selling real estate is so stressful. Fingers crossed for you!

• LMFAO 1

48 minutes ago, phillyb said:

yefiY8j.png

HYhWGeZ.png

are you staying in Chicago?

14 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Good luck!! Buying/selling real estate is so stressful. Fingers crossed for you!

I somehow take this shit in stride and things fall into place, but I'm freaking the fuck out cause I want this place lol. 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

are you staying in Chicago?

Ugh, yes. Which was option 692 on my want list, but in reality, it's just easy and simple for me for now. I'll plan my exit strategy over the next few years. 

With that being said, I went for this place cause if I don't end up with an exit strategy, I'll be happy dying in that place. 

14 minutes ago, phillyb said:

I keep signing shit. No clue what it is lol. 

Yea.....that is par for the course....make sure to explain why you had a late payment once in your life and any amounts of money you received over $10k. Haha

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

Yea.....that is par for the course....make sure to explain why you had a late payment once in your life and any amounts of money you received over $10k. Haha

No gift letters this time around lol. 

But between house sale and condo purchase, it's Letter of Engagement x2, disclosures x2, contracts, etc. 

On 3/30/2023 at 10:59 AM, phillyb said:

yefiY8j.png

HYhWGeZ.png

Did you just say “needs a kitchen?”

as in you have to build one?

@siddious

No appliances and the cabinets and countertops are old, though functional. I'ma get an oven/stove/range and fridge in there and then figure out what the space needs and dictates to me over time. But yeah, I went into it kinda knowing that it needs a full kitchen renovation. 

WOvfg1Y.jpg

Wpe7eBw.jpg

rwZlXMG.jpg

WY2RSZC.jpg

HfVuHm3.jpg

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

@siddious

No appliances and the cabinets and countertops are old, though functional. I'ma get an oven/stove/range and fridge in there and then figure out what the space needs and dictates to me over time. But yeah, I went into it kinda knowing that it needs a full kitchen renovation. 

WOvfg1Y.jpg

Wpe7eBw.jpg

rwZlXMG.jpg

WY2RSZC.jpg

HfVuHm3.jpg

The most expensive room to renovate but also the most fun. 

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

@siddious

WOvfg1Y.jpg

Wpe7eBw.jpg

rwZlXMG.jpg

WY2RSZC.jpg

HfVuHm3.jpg

I bet those cabinets are all built out of good quality lumber rather than shit particle board that everything is made of these days.  Can chance you can save yourself some money and keep some of them and just get new doors for them?